Release Notes 2017-5-22 tlopo-rc-v1.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maintenance
  • Redesigned how several internal services communicate with one another. This will significantly reduce server lag in-game. Prior to this update there were over 200,000 messages being sent every minute internally between each server, effectively causing massive amounts of server lag. There are more updates soon to come that will significantly reduce server lag.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed an issue that would require a global server reset if the teleportation servers crashed.

yeah how about not having these dumb play times... like i get that you need them to limit the servers. but i'd totally be down for a sub to help yall run them if it means i can play for more than 3 hours at a time.

and by 3 hours at a time i mean only about an hour. since 2 hours are nothing but load screens and game crashes...

They "do not accept" any funds.
yeah how about not having these dumb play times... like i get that you need them to limit the servers. but i'd totally be down for a sub to help yall run them if it means i can play for more than 3 hours at a time.

and by 3 hours at a time i mean only about an hour. since 2 hours are nothing but load screens and game crashes...

if they get any money from this porject disney could shut them down by a blink of the eye

It's funny how often people forget this is BETA, there are going to be a lot of problems because that is what BETA is. It's trial and error. If you want to whine about how you "can't connect to the servers" or "the game keeps crashing"
I don't care but don't do it here. :furious:

Devs, I feel for you. All of these comments are helpful but can easily become annoying, and I'm extremely sorry that on your own time working on this game you must deal with all the rudeness that comes from these forums.

Now once again everyone,

THIS IS IN BETA THERE WILL BE PROBLEMS PLEASE STAY CALM:sigh:

It's free, because you cannot legally accept donations. I wasn't doing anything "toxic" whatsoever. I have followed the numerous instructions in an attempt to enter your game, including direct support from your support email. It has been well over 24 hours since I first communicated issues to a TLOPO staff member. I have re-emailed your support email for further feedback, but have not been responded to. I came here now, complaining about the CSR as well as services you have purchased in order to host your game. I am looking to get into your game. So, yes, please, if you could help me, that would be much appreciated. I look forward to sailing with the brethren from my respective project.

Greyvicee, it seems as if a recurring message you post is this one. It is Beta, as you said. Therefore you are meant to report issues/bugs. No doubt, what I am attempting to do here in their primary method of support. Call it "whining", say what you'd like, but it seems as if the only one here that isn't "calm" is you. So please, I beg of you, refrain from these posts that blatantly blast users trying to report issues and problems with a beta game, that granted, is supposed to have issues. Thank you.

~ Davy McShot

It's funny how often people forget this is BETA, there are going to be a lot of problems because that is what BETA is. It's trial and error. If you want to whine about how you "can't connect to the servers" or "the game keeps crashing"

Devs, I feel for you. All of these comments are helpful but can easily become annoying, and I'm extremely sorry that on your own time working on this game you must deal with all the rudeness that comes from these forums.

Now once again everyone,

What about not complaining about the same thing on several threads?

Good one.

I'm entirely willing to help out somebody who doesn't possess a seemingly toxic attitude, especially towards something that is in the beta period and is entirely free, mind you. At least some respect would be appreciated.

Now once again everyone,

It's free, because you cannot legally accept donations. I wasn't doing anything "toxic" whatsoever. I have followed the numerous instructions in an attempt to enter your game, including direct support from your support email. It has been well over 24 hours since I first communicated issues to a TLOPO staff member. I have re-emailed your support email for further feedback, but have not been responded to. I came here now, complaining about the CSR as well as services you have purchased in order to host your game. I am looking to get into your game. So, yes, please, if you could help me, that would be much appreciated. I look forward to sailing with the brethren from my respective project.
Why is everyone so mad?

I dont know why everyone is so mad... you need to understand that this is a gift... and we just need to be grateful with the devs

Well, I just DCd while fighting Navy ships in a bid to steal chickens.
....Prior to that I spent approximately 2 hours in game with absolutely no problems (if you don't count getting lost:oops:)
I entered caves (without getting stuck going in and out numerous times)
I went in and out of various buildings to talk to NPCs (without DCing or getting stuck)
I levelled up on sword and gun with no problems
Sailed between various islands, disembarking without either flying or getting stuck underground
....no lag at all, sooooo much better than before the major downtime.

even compared to yesterday, things are so much improved.....compared to before the big update...well I can only say I'm totally thrilled!

Overall I'm impressed with the Devs' progress ......I'm a happy kitty :-3

Oh and I know it's been said, but the water looks amazing !!:cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back