Release Notes 2017-5-22 tlopo-rc-v1.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so I've noticed it was hard for me to connect until I kept trying, finally got in, and lowered my graphics to "Low." Since then, I've had very little crashing, and start up in no time at all, maybe that will help someone!

Maintenance
  • Redesigned how several internal services communicate with one another. This will significantly reduce server lag in-game. Prior to this update there were over 200,000 messages being sent every minute internally between each server, effectively causing massive amounts of server lag. There are more updates soon to come that will significantly reduce server lag.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed an issue that would require a global server reset if the teleportation servers crashed.
I'd like to say props to the TLOPO Team. Amidst the other issues that currently needs to fix (they're natural of course it's Beta for a reason) I had forgotten about lag. If there's one positive out of all the bugs and glitches we've encountered I'd say it's whatever lag that existed seems to have disappeared. :)

yeah how about not having these dumb play times... like i get that you need them to limit the servers. but i'd totally be down for a sub to help yall run them if it means i can play for more than 3 hours at a time.

and by 3 hours at a time i mean only about an hour. since 2 hours are nothing but load screens and game crashes...
The emulator alone is a gray area in the legal sense. Taking in monetary funds would bring trouble as much as they would love to take donations.

It'd be very easy to accept donations for another reason so that it doesn't look like the money is directly for the remake. Say for example if we had a Minecraft server regardless of if anyone used it you could setup a patreon for the Minecraft server and then use that as a pipeline for TLOPO.

Theres ways, not accepting any kind of financial help can be an issue if we're speaking about longevity

yeah how about not having these dumb play times... like i get that you need them to limit the servers. but i'd totally be down for a sub to help yall run them if it means i can play for more than 3 hours at a time.

and by 3 hours at a time i mean only about an hour. since 2 hours are nothing but load screens and game crashes...

Locking thread as discussion has veered off course for most of the thread's uptime. Please remember to take all off topic conversations elsewhere, like on a member's profile, a PM, or even by creating a new thread about the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back