Release Notes 2017-5-28 tlopo-rc-v1.0.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not completely true with enemy aggro. I've tested this at Fort Charles, Port Royal graveyard and beach, and at Cuba. It only occurs if the enemies are grouped close enough to each other.
Update: I have officially gone to about 85% of the areas in the game you can currently (and legitimately) get to. This so called "aggro bug" is not true as far as I'm concerned. So whatever people are complaining about, try using a cutlass, sabre, pistol, dagger, and the voodoo doll in the same area. The voodoo staff and grenade have AoE effects, the VS with it's attacks, the grenade when throwing it far and it's explosion radius.

Current bugs and glitches I've come across:
  • Sometimes spawning under island. (I'm assuming this issue is a WIP for the devs?) Need confirmation on locations not mentioned (Outcast Isle, Padres Del Fuego, Kingshead)
  • When a player aggros and/or engages enemy ship, if the player then sails away from enemy ship, the ship will teleport a short distance once the enemy ship is out of the engaging player's rendering distance.
  • Enemy attacks sometimes lag. As in about 3 seconds after an enemy dies, I take attack damage. (Is this what people are complaining about as "aggros"?) Might be lag related, need confirmation.
  • Fly Traps still using melee attacks when player is not even remotely in range. Doesn't cause damage, but it sure makes them look like they're having a seizure.
  • Stumps are very stun-lock happy this update. (Need confirmation, might be just me being unlucky)
  • Player health recharging in battle as if the player was out of battle. Does this continuously. Been happening for past couple of updates (forgot to mention that... sorry). At least I can take advantage of this bug against bosses. To Darkhart, AWWWAAAYYYYY!!!!!!
  • Flagships not respawning. Boarding prompt disappears after half a second of appearing (Need confirmation) This may also be the reason as to why they are not respawning; because we can't board the friggin' things.
  • Enemy ships dealing ridiculous damage with firebrand (Need confirmation, but I find it hard to believe that one barrage of firebrands will take my War Frigates health from 100% to 50% ) Also, some enemy ship attacks are invisible. Impacts are visible on player ships however.
Overall, this update has fixed most of the issues from before. Well done developers!

Last edited:
Being a wee bit demanding there aren't you?
They will get to fixing bugs when they can. There are those who cannot even launch the game and play, why does your preferred pvp style not working suddenly become a national crisis?
Was I asking for your opinion?! No, I was voicing a community's (jumpers) outrage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugfixes:

-Fixed a bug where enemies would stop attacking when the attacker put away a weapon.
-Fixed a bug where voodoo doll targets were not properly cleared when the doll was put away.

Maintenance:

-Code cleanup.
-Made adjustments to how ship loot is stored.
-When attacking an enemy, all nearby enemies will now aggro.
Nice. I was having issues trying to attune. Couldn't really use my doll. It was my fav weapon in potc

As other users have mentioned, the new "movement system" is a bug, which I hope is true.

However, if it is not, and was an intended move by the development team, that would ultimately be very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back