Release Notes 2017-5-30 tlopo-rc-v1.0.9

Bugfixes
  • Attuned targets will reset upon switching or sheathing your weapon.
  • Cannons on non-player ships will no longer be usable by players.
  • Enemies will no longer ignore area-of-effect attacks.
  • Fixed a bug that would allow the monkey on Devil's Anvil to take damage.
  • Fixed a bug that would slow down players while attacking.
  • Fixed a bug that would spawn players at random spawn points.
  • Fixed a bug where flagships would not drop loot or count towards quest progress.
  • Fixed crashes relating to ship repair and steering wheels.
  • Potentially fix a ship interest bug that would spawn players beneath islands.

On the topics of flagships- you can still sink while on one. Some guy in a brig decided to chase a corsair and circle me while I was on a colossus. Corsair sank me and he took the flagship :/

Few islands are still glitching out in my experience. I cannot meet Barbossa because I float above or swim below Devil's Anvil.

So far, very well done update. Still has some bugs, but nothing to serious that needs *ahem* hysteria over. Just to note about the "surrounding enemy aggro bug", if you guys are referring to Fort Charles and Kingshead, that's normal. That was actually implemented in the original as well. The issue is the enemies above the ground warping to you when you're on ground in Fort Charles.

Current bugs I've come across:
  • Flagships that are not boarded or if the boarding party fails to beat the flagship crew will cause a bug where that Flagship will sink, but not respawn. Note: if you have NO INTENTIONS of boarding a flagship, then DO NOT CRIPPLE IT. Do the community a favor and don't troll us by messing up the Flagships.
  • Rendering/spawning distance at sea with enemy ships still short. (Can someone confirm if this is actually a thing or not? Am I losing my mind?)
  • Repetitive loot. (I've gotten 4 friggin' Holy Cutlasses from 4 friggin' Skull Loot Chests from enemy ships within 5 minutes. I mean, thanks for the easy money, but other loot deserves a chance too). Update: The only cargo loot I get is Gold Bars and Iron Ore.
  • No ship building materials to be found. (I want my War Frigate's attack boosted, my War Sloop's speed boosted, and my War Galleon's armor boosted. I can't just do that without putting new aesthetics into my ships. Is that too much to ask? Don't answer)
  • Change in day phase might still be causing game to crash. (Need confirmation)

Last edited:
When swimming log out and then back in, works for me. :)
Yeah, that works. Luckily, I got Devil's Anvil to work after one log out.

@Topic

Lag is still a major issue and becomes worse when 2+ human players are in the same area. Also, my character takes damage once or twice from enemies after they died.

• Potentially fix a ship interest bug that would spawn players beneath islands.
looks like that's still gonna be a problem :p

Back