Release Notes 2017-6-14 tlopo-rc-v1.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANOTHER freaking update?! Do these Devs have ANY conception of timing, or ability to warn people who aren't already in-game, in advance?! This is getting ridiculous, and I've only been playing for a couple of weeks!
We apologize for improving the game on a daily basis and pushing updates as soon as they are ready! It's worth noting that Beta participants are meant to be testing the game currently - not playing it, necessarily. Please be patient. Also, I am fairly certain that there is a 15 minute countdown in-game before the servers go down.

As for providing notifications for updates, I am the primary updater of the server notifications thread. I am not always able to be around at all times. I've been fairly consistent, though yes sometimes I miss some reminders due to not being around.

Now then - if you have an issue with the game or the way it is run, please direct your sentiments to a separate thread or to pertinent TLOPO staff members privately.

Thank you!

Yeah...ThunderStorms...I know pretty well what a Beta is, as I've done a couple of dozen Alphas and Closed Betas over the years. Beta or not, games where the Devs can't or won't communicate with the playerbase about outages, and can't figure out how to schedule them - especially when they're running it using playtime slots - is the quickest way to kill a game before release. It is free, so I don't expect the professionalism of a well-funded company, but when you randomly take the game down for maintenance for 1-2 hours at a time, that is NOT the way to go. That kind of thing happens in Alpha, but by Beta, it is expected to be mostly stable and then you work to break it to find the things that still need work. 1-2 hour updates EVERY day? Nah, that isn't how it is supposed to work.

John, yes, there IS a countdown in-game. But as I said, that is useless if you are not already IN the game! I logged in for my time, and my guild were the ones who told me I had 5 minutes before an update. And...you have to play to test. Hence the term 'playtest'. There IS a launch window, why not have outages show up under the Game News on that? Seems like it would be an easy thing. And I am not sure where better to address issues with an update than on the thread about said update. The Feedback option in-game is limited in extent (as I found out when trying to report a bug last night), so Forums is it.

Last edited:
And what is with the insane text blocking in-game?! "unannounced"? Seriously? THAT word is blocked?! I'm done. I liked this game in the past, I like that you're working to bring it back, but between real world responsibilities, I actually liked the 3-hour blocks, but if I can't get in when I have time, it is no better to me than any other game. I wish you all luck.

Perhaps we could also come up with some better wording. An hour and a half outage is not an update. Letting players know what they are looking at time wise would be appreciated. We appreciate that you guys are doing great things, but it would be appreciated if the player base knew what to expect.

If there is a planned outage perhaps withdrawing those play times that correspond with the outage would make sense.

Perhaps we could also stagger the updates so that they don't always fall in "prime time" This is the second night in a row that and the 3rd out of 4 that the evening players have missed substantial chunks of play time, and they will not be able to reschedule for tonight. The next available play time is 2 AM.

Last edited:
No one is here to appease you, be grateful they are taking out major bugs at a rapid rate instead of being inactive. They warn you 15 minutes ahead of time in game and everyone here has to deal with having an update going on in their play slot. Be a grown up and deal with it is all.

You could of course advert your attention to any other serious Pirates Online remak- Oh... right there are none.

We apologize for improving the game on a daily basis and pushing updates as soon as they are ready! It's worth noting that Beta participants are meant to be testing the game currently - not playing it, necessarily. Please be patient. Also, I am fairly certain that there is a 15 minute countdown in-game before the servers go down.

As for providing notifications for updates, I am the primary updater of the server notifications thread. I am not always able to be around at all times. I've been fairly consistent, though yes sometimes I miss some reminders due to not being around.

Now then - if you have an issue with the game or the way it is run, please direct your sentiments to a separate thread or to pertinent TLOPO staff members privately.

Thank you!
Which server notification thread should we be following? The one I just looked at hadn't been updated since May. I must be looking in the wrong place. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
And what is with the insane text blocking in-game?! "unannounced"? Seriously? THAT word is blocked?! I'm done. I liked this game in the past, I like that you're working to bring it back, but between real world responsibilities, I actually liked the 3-hour blocks, but if I can't get in when I have time, it is no better to me than any other game. I wish you all luck.
That word is blocked simply because it's a more uncommon word so it hasn't been added to the whitelist. Not because it was considered a bad word or anything. And no, again, this thread is still not the right place to report bugs. Look for the appropriate mega thread in the TLOPO bugs and glitches section. That's where feedback about bugs and glitches is best given. It's not wrong or anything to post it here, but it is a bit pointless given that there's no guarantee that a staff member will see it.

As for the idea of more scheduled updates, I wouldn't mind this. Again, not that this is really the right place to discuss such a suggestion, but I don't see why it couldn't be implemented. It seems to me that the TLOPO team would rather get updates out as soon as possible than schedule them for an hour or so later. It's understandable, but maybe they should reconsider this platform in an effort not to give people a more significant warning. They could give an hour or so long warning, maybe longer.

Last edited:
Yeah...ThunderStorms...I know pretty well what a Beta is, as I've done a couple of dozen Alphas and Closed Betas over the years. Beta or not, games where the Devs can't or won't communicate with the playerbase about outages, and can't figure out how to schedule them - especially when they're running it using playtime slots - is the quickest way to kill a game before release. It is free, so I don't expect the professionalism of a well-funded company, but when you randomly take the game down for maintenance for 1-2 hours at a time, that is NOT the way to go. That kind of thing happens in Alpha, but by Beta, it is expected to be mostly stable and then you work to break it to find the things that still need work. 1-2 hour updates EVERY day? Nah, that isn't how it is supposed to work.

John, yes, there IS a countdown in-game. But as I said, that is useless if you are not already IN the game! I logged in for my time, and my guild were the ones who told me I had 5 minutes before an update. And...you have to play to test. Hence the term 'playtest'. There IS a launch window, why not have outages show up under the Game News on that? Seems like it would be an easy thing. And I am not sure where better to address issues with an update than on the thread about said update. The Feedback option in-game is limited in extent (as I found out when trying to report a bug last night), so Forums is it.
the game is not in beta tho it is only in semi-open beta.

Which server notification thread should we be following. The one I just looked at hadn't been updated since May. I must be looking in the wrong place. Thanks in advance for your help.

"Game & Web Server Notifications" under "TLOPO News and Updates". The most recent update was 6/11.

Chill it's a beta things have to be fixed and their is no set in stone time when the game goes down, So it's kinda hard to notify before.
Yo, this is probably..... No! This is definitely the most well thought and professional sentence I've seen you write, Internet Pirate :p! You almost had everything to a tee (You know, except the "their" and punctuation between beta and things. @Jeapers And, yes I am a wanna be grammar teacher). I am proud of you IP, hehehehehehe.

Yo, this is probably..... No! This is definitely the most well thought and professional sentence I've seen you write, Internet Pirate :p! You almost had everything to a tee (You know, except the "their" and punctuation between beta and things. @Jeapers And, yes I am a wanna be grammar teacher). I am proud of you IP, hehehehehehe.
dont tag me xd, jk

I really don't know why people see these threads as places to report bugs. We have several threads dedicated to exactly that, and they're categorized. It's not wrong or against the rules or anything, but the devs most likely don't read these. They do, however, read the bug threads.
I don't know about others, but I use it to report (primarily) bugs affected/created by the update. I have used the Megathread, but it ends up going dry for a week, and I get the feeling it's not frequented. These posts are seen, and commented on, at least by me, signifanctly more. If it isn't allowed, or frowned upon, I will cease to post my bugs here. I only choose to do so, as these threads seem to get more traffic.

Last edited:
If the word didn't go through in chat, that's because it's not on the whitelist. You can request words be added to the whitelist right here; the list is ever expanding. No need to get so worked up about minor inconveniences.

I don't know about others, but I use it to report (primarily) bugs affected/created by the update. I have used the Megathread, but it ends up going dry for a week, and I get the feeling it's not frequented. These posts are seen, and commented on, at least by me, signifanctly more. If it isn't allowed, or frowned upon, I will cease to post my bugs here. I only choose to do so, as these threads seem to get more traffic.
These threads aren't necessarily read by the developers, the megathreads are. General forum users may not read the megathreads, but they're not really the target audience of a bug report.

Can you not use at least some common sense and do updates at say 2am Wednesday morning when less people would be on? Also since we have to sign up for a time to play you can EASILY not schedule peoples play time during an update. I mean it isn't like we give less then 24 hr notice. Right about now if I could rate this game it would be a 1 star do to incompetence on the developers being able to write a schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back