Release Notes 2017-6-15 tlopo-rc-v1.1.3

2017-6-15 tlopo-rc-v1.1.3
Bugfixes

• Fixed a bug where the player ship would become invincible.
    • Fixed a bunch of crashes with ships/sailing.
    • Fixed the long-lasting bug with ship crew count.
    • Fixed 'cannot teleport while aboard a flagship' bug
    • It's no longer possible to board a ship while the crew is taking a flagship.
Maintenance

• Code cleanup.
Seems you all are getting quite a bit of flak for the unscheduled updates, and all that. Although I get some of the concerns, some people are handling it poorly. Keep doing what you all are doing, because you're doing great. In the end, the game needs to be playable anyways, and whatever it takes to get it there, so be it. Thanks for your continued dedication to the project! :)
Lastly, if what you say is true, and many of the sailing crashes are fixed, I will be beyond happy! I'll update when I can play a bit more, got an early morning tomorrow. Thanks again guys, you're doing great!

I think it's borked for me. I was on, got the "Internet connection was interrupted", kicked off, logged in again, got the message that "The servers seems to be temporarily unavailable." kicked off again, logged in again, stuck at 0%. EEP

I think it's borked for me. I was on, got the "Internet connection was interrupted", kicked off, logged in again, got the message that "The servers seems to be temporarily unavailable." kicked off again, logged in again, stuck at 0%. EEP
Yup, wanted to pop in and say hello to the guild, same thing.

hi. there is a glitch where i'm looting at sea and bounty hunters don't come. i just sit there waiting and nothing happens. this happens at random too. sometimes i sink up to 3 and they dont come and other times it stops at 5 and when i port and go back out to sea they dont come at all when i get the skull and bones flag. the only way that seems to fix is changing server.

How complex is fixing a memory leak? Also, is TLOPO plagued with one memory leak or multiple kinds?
I don't know much about memory leaks, but I know they're no cinch. From what I know they're created when memory that is no longer needed is not gotten rid of, and it sort of heaps. It's a serious issue that I don't think you can easily fix, if at all. As far as if they can relate only to a certain facet of the game, I'm not sure. I know there are certain things you can do that are more likely to cause a memory leak related crash, so there are things that can heighten the effects of a memory leak, but I don't know if some parts of a game just don't have memory leak issues while others do.

Also, here's someone else's definition of a memory leak that probably better explains it.
IMG_3347.jpg

Ty for all your hard work and the updates. Unfortunately I still crashing while sailing..am going to try different server to see if its better.

How complex is fixing a memory leak? Also, is TLOPO plagued with one memory leak or multiple kinds?
I'm with Dreadful on this one. I don't know much about memory leaks, but I don't think they're all too easy to fix. I know several triple A developers and games (Rockstar and GTA V) that had absolutely awful memory leaks at launch, and it took even THOSE dev teams almost 8 months to finally fix it. Just takes time and patience, on our end, and the devs. :)

Last edited:
I keep crashing as soon as i go to set sail... Then when i get the chance to set sail, i crash when i talk to Barabossa, stuck on that mission sadly :(

Back