Release Notes 2017-6-23 tlopo-rc-v1.1.8

Connected to a memory leaks regarding audio, so I wouldn't expect that to be fixed soon, as memory leaks can be extremely difficult to trace, and fix. However, there is a temporary fix, which is disabling all in game noise (not turn it all the way down, actually uncheck it all). After doing that, I have made several sailing runs, that have lasted an hour and a half, to two hours, with no crashes whatsoever
Devs have stated that the "memory leak caused by audio" is something that the community deduced itself with no official confirmation from the devs. https://piratesforums.co/threads/the-memory-leak-caused-by-sound-effects.19874/

Digging for quest items doesn't work at all for some pirates. On my main pirate I took the Curse of Yellow Dan quest from Sam Seabones and when I dug at the spot next to Fort Charles it did not find any quest items. However, when I made a new pirate and took the same quest and dug in the same spot, it did yield the quest item. Not sure what causes it, but I think it might have something to do with doing the Fine Cutlass Upgrade quest until the Putting it All Together section (which requires that you dig on Kingshead, Rumrunner's Isle, and Isla Cangrejos) as I have seen many people including myself that started having problems with all digging quests once we got to this section of this quest.
Refer to this thread for more info: https://piratesforums.co/threads/dig-spots-are-broken.19654/

Last edited:
Devs have stated that the "memory leak caused by audio" is something that the community deduced itself with no official confirmation from the devs. https://piratesforums.co/threads/the-memory-leak-caused-by-sound-effects.19874/
Alright well rumor or not, upon turning off my sound effects my memory stopped increasing at a rate of like 100 Mb per 5 minutes on the sea, or more like 100 Mb a minute if I was in Abassa amidst the large group of ships sinking bounty hunter and warships. Just because a dev doesn't say something causes a memory leak doesn't mean that it doesn't, and I'm 95% positive that sound effects do.

Thanks for the info. I don't know much about it, but it would seem like a logical deduction. I know somewhere on the forums, someone posted a tool that displays the memory being "leaked" and notifies you when the game is about to crash to dump it. I'd imagine you could run that with the sound off, and see if maybe theres any correlation. Regardless to whether its a leak or not, there is definitely a relationship between crashes, and sound

Connected to a memory leaks regarding audio, so I wouldn't expect that to be fixed soon, as memory leaks can be extremely difficult to trace, and fix. However, there is a temporary fix, which is disabling all in game noise (not turn it all the way down, actually uncheck it all). After doing that, I have made several sailing runs, that have lasted an hour and a half, to two hours, with no crashes whatsoever
So true. Memory leaks are a pain in the butt to fix. I'm sure the devs are trying their best to fix it regardless.

Don't say it like that. It sounds like the devs don't care, which they clearly do.
I will say, if you read the thread he linked, the devs (or at least the ones that commented) seem to very strongly not beleive that audio being turned off had anything to do with the games performance, and I sincerely hope they have since changed their tune, because I can say with 110% certainty, there is a correlation with my audio being on/off, and my crashes, that is for sure.

Don't say it like that. It sounds like the devs don't care, which they clearly do.
I'm not saying they don't care, I'm saying it exactly like it is. They claim it doesn't exist and therefore are not trying to fix it. Which is a little disappointing to me that they say that they haven't seen proof that it exists so they won't even check and call it "fake news" when someone brings it up.

The voodoo that is being used up when using Staff is off. Usually I can cast three times without using up all of my voodoo. Now I am lucky to cast two times. Also the voodoo replenish rate is off since this update. And yes... grave shackles should NOT stun.
And lets not forget the voodoo doll, every time you use an ability it uses twice the amount of voodoo along with doing double the damage.

Done and done. "Dear devs, you're the worst." Nah, I'd never say that. They get enough bull from ungrateful people already. I'm sure it's most likely an issue on my end. I'll figure it out eventu... *notices blue name from Sand Tiger Shark loot and posts it*

"Dear devs, you're the worst."

I don't know, it took them nearly a month to fix a fatal issue with Growing grog and other cosmetic potions that would lock players out of their pirate if consumed.

Back