Release Notes 2017-7-12 tlopo-rc-v1.3.0

I have a Mac and not being able to play for a few days reminds me how lucky we are to have our beloved Pirates game to play again at all. When they fix the Max issue, it will be all the sweeter to play again. :boat: Thank you developers! :-3
I agree! Not being able to play on my Mac has me so much more grateful to the sweet Devs! I was already super grateful to be playing but now I look upon the revival of this game as a true blessing! Good job Devs! We all know you work super hard to make sure everyone can enjoy the game! I'm sure they will have the matter resolved as soon as they can! Rock on lovely Devs ✨

What exactly are the differences in a mac update and windows updates, just wondering, im not a big computer wizz, but i have seen some games that don't support mac, i thought yall might could shed some light on this subject, Thanks as always

As far as TLOPO goes, the game is written in Python and uses the Panda3D game engine. Both are already cross-platform, and by extension most updates work on both Windows and Mac without much (if any) additional effort. The engine and language handle the platform differences automatically. Occasionally updates to the engine itself are required though, which is where the potential to break things on certain platforms comes into play. Since the engine sits at a level below the game, issues with it can be a bit more tricky and consequently take a little more time to sort out.

Occasionally updates to the engine itself are required though, which is where the potential to break things on certain platforms comes into play. Since the engine sits at a level below the game, issues with it can be a bit more tricky and consequently take a little more time to sort out.

I also am hugely grateful to the team that is bringing the game back to us.

However, I am curious as to why, rather than cutting a good proportion of players out of the game for an extended period of time, the decision was not made to leave the game as was while these problems with the engine are resolved and tested off line. For example, even at this late stage, can the engine not be rolled back to the last working incarnation without rolling back players' stats?

xxx

I also am hugely grateful to the team that is bringing the game back to us.

However, I am curious as to why, rather than cutting a good proportion of players out of the game for an extended period of time, the decision was not made to leave the game as was while these problems with the engine are resolved and tested off line. For example, even at this late stage, can the engine not be rolled back to the last working incarnation without rolling back players' stats?

xxx

I agree with this point. I was going to actually say the exact same thing but I first wanted to see if someone else would bring it up. I feel as though had it been the other way around the devs would have waited until windows and Mac could play it rather then just Mac being able to play it.

In addition, I feel as though the Mac community is handling this very well. I admit I am sort of mad about it but it's not my choice. Had this been the other way around I think windows people would be very vocal and insulting towards the devs for allowing this to happen. So in my opinion the whole situation is kind of unfair for the Mac users.

Devs, next time please make sure the update works for everyone before implementing it. :) We are all in this together stay strong people. XD

Back