Release Notes 2017-7-12 tlopo-rc-v1.3.0

Why? Why do they need to ensure anything? As I stated they could just shut it down entirely and only make it playable to themselves and that would be much easier than keeping it so that we can all play. Fact is they don't have to do anything They could just do the easy thing which would be to remove the version for MacOS that would certainly fix the problem.
Why should they? Because not everyone uses Windows, mate. I'm already glad that there's a macOS version of the game in the first place, but you're pretty much saying that it would be easy to just disregard macOS completely instead of trying to fix the issue with the cilent. Do you realize how ridiculous that actually sounds? If they did that, that would mean they simply don't care, and I know that's NOT the case.

but you're pretty much saying that it would be easy to just disregard macOS completely instead of trying to fix the issue with the cilent. Do you realize how ridiculous that actually sounds? If they did that, that would mean they simply don't care, and I know that's NOT the case.

You are absolutely correct that is exactly what I am saying it would be easy to just disregard MacOS instead of fixing the issue.
I realize how ridiculous it sounds which is why I said it because my point is they do care.

And yes not everyone uses windows but nobody told anybody to go out and buy a particular computer. Everyone knows that Mac struggles with games sometimes because most people who code, and program do it on windows. The vast majority of games, features and sites are designed for windows first because that is what the majority uses. It is the equivalent of me going out and buying a android phone then getting upset because my friends all have Iphones and I cant face time them.
Yes I understand that some people use MacOS And I think it is fair for the game to run on both platforms but sometimes Mac doesnt work right with things and as much as the devs may care its not really their problem nor do they absolutely HAVE to do anything about it no matter how many people complain, or how angry you lot get about it. The fact is because they care they chose to fix the problem now we can all stop arguing fussing and fighting and be happy hoping that it worked.

Last edited:
Is like to point out to all Mac users, that MacOS is not the easiest OS to build on. There's a reason that most (larger title) pc games, are developed for Windows primarily. Be thankful that they even support Mac. I feel for you, and I'm sorry you all can't play the game, but be patient, you'll be able to play soon. As I've said, this is a beta, bugs don't always appear in initial testing, and Mac being as iffy as it is for a gaming platform, it's highly unpredictable. Hope you all can play soon! I don't know anyone that plays on Mac, but I do know it's not fun, not being able to play. Just don't criminalize them for it, be patient, and kind. You'll be able to play soon :)

Last edited:
Is like to point out to all Mac users, that MacOS is not the easiest OS to build on. There's a reason that most (larger title) pc games, are developed for Windows primarily. Be thankful that they even support Mac. I feel for you, and I'm sorry you all can't play the game, but be patient, you'll be able to play soon. As I've said, this is a beta, bugs don't always appear in initial testing, and Mac being as iffy as it is for a gaming platform, it's highly unpredictable. Hope you all can play soon! I don't know anyone that plays on Mac, but I do know it's not fun not being able to play. Just don't criminalize them for it, be patient, and kind. You'll be able to play soon :)

I'd like to thank the TLOPO team for this patch. I really didn't care much for sailing due to persistent random client quits while out on the high seas and crashing when docking a little more than half of the time. After the patch, I sailed most of the time I played yesterday crash and client quit free, and had a lot of fun. Thank you so much!

Why? Why do they need to ensure anything? As I stated they could just shut it down entirely and only make it playable to themselves and that would be much easier than keeping it so that we can all play. Fact is they don't have to do anything They could just do the easy thing which would be to remove the version for MacOS that would certainly fix the problem. The point everyone here is making is that they do not have to do anything, but they are trying and that is something to be proud of at least they are putting forth an effort.
What seems pretty dumb to me is the sense of entitlement required to say that people who make no money working on a project for thousands of other people 'Should' do anything.
It sounds just like the complaints I saw months ago when they shut the entire game down for nearly four months for the big update people were coming around demanding information and pestering the devs about release dates for no reason. The fact is things are not going to work sometimes this is not a professional team with a billion dollar budget to work on a game its a group of people with lives and real problems who dedicate their freetime to a project that is essentially a gift to the rest of us who sit back whining because something isn't working right for us. Its as simple as finding something else to do until the game works again for you.
i can't find anything to do though, i live in my parents' basement playing this and being on the forums all day while smelling like cheese and eating hot pockets as my only meal for breakfast lunch and dinner. i also don't brush my teeth at all so my teeth are slowly rotting like how my soul is slowly fading away at the thought of how lonely i am.i have no job and i am forced to move out of the basement in four months. i have tried getting a job from subway, mcdonalds, and burger king (because those restaurants have my favorite foods besides hotpockits) and all those restaurants have denied me. i have lost all my friends irl but i have made so many new ones on tlopo so it doesn't matter. they all also left me though they were all girls and i asked them all on dates (18) and rejected me and reported me. i have been forced to make 8 different accounts and start over which has now increased my play time from 8 hours of tlopo a day and 3 hours of ASMR to 12 hours of tlopo and 4 hours of ASMR a day. i get 2 hours of sleep now when it used to be 3 and and a half. the extra hours include me crying about the loneliness and how i have very poor reading skills. i dropped out of high school on the third day of second freshmen year. i may just quit this game and lose some weight. and then move out. i hear nickleback needs some good members, i may be good at some instruments, i mean i am good at the piano iOS game i play on my moms phone. i still wet the bed and need a man diaper while i sit in this chair all day. i weigh 240 pounds and i am horrible at sports. so this is why i can't find anything else to do... (joking)

Last edited:
Is like to point out to all Mac users, that MacOS is not the easiest OS to build on. There's a reason that most (larger title) pc games, are developed for Windows primarily. Be thankful that they even support Mac. I feel for you, and I'm sorry you all can't play the game, but be patient, you'll be able to play soon. As I've said, this is a beta, bugs don't always appear in initial testing, and Mac being as iffy as it is for a gaming platform, it's highly unpredictable. Hope you all can play soon! I don't know anyone that plays on Mac, but I do know it's not fun, not being able to play. Just don't criminalize them for it, be patient, and kind. You'll be able to play soon :)
yea yea, how about the devs deal with a game they can actually deal with. we are to nice to them, if they were going to adopt this game they should have expected the same responses we would have given disney

yea yea, how about the devs deal with a game they can actually deal with. we are to nice to them, if they were going to adopt this game they should have expected the same responses we would have given disney
Not to seem rude, but nobody is forcing you to stay either. Yeah, the devs picked up the game, and accepted the responsibility that came with it, just as you, the TESTER, accepted the role of TESTER to TEST the game, and that comes with responsibility as well. They've not been rude, and, they have been rather timely with updates and fixes. It took them two days to fix the Mac issue. Again, stuff doesn't always show up in initial testing. That's the nature of the beast. It's also why BETA TESTING exists. We are just testing the game, that's our responsibility. If we notice something is wrong, we respectfully report it to the devs, and if it's an issue that's serious (such as the Mac OS) they tend to fix it fast. Just show them some courtesy :) and again, if you're dissatisfied with the game's current state, you don't HAVE to stay. You can stop playing. Just know, if you continue to play, you will likely run into more issues, because it's a BETA.

The difference is TLOPO is a hobby project developed in spare time and offered for free to the community. You are not paying for a subscription and thus are not entitled to anything at all. I know many of the younger players never had to pay for their own subscription to begin with, so it can be difficult to understand the difference and implications. The TLOPO team is trying their best.

No sound on and still crashing on porting , but now instead of crashing to launcher, or the transition screen upon porting freezing....i crash with tlopo.exe not working error. :(

I am on a MAC. Have been crashing when porting. Goes to transition screen and then sticks there. Thanks for al you do!

Back