Release Notes 2017-7-17 tlopo-rc-v1.3.3

Ahoy! Update seems like it's got a lot of good stuff in it! Unfortunately, I'm still unable to play for extended periods of time :/ Every time I open TLOPO, I run Task Manager in my second monitor to monitor memory usage, and the game still refuses to dump any unused memory, whatsoever. I can't teleport, because the game is loading too many resources (since it crashes at 1700MB) and just closing. I have found, that if I sit idle, in an interior cell, for 10 minutes or so, it will dump, and bring my memory down to 600MB or so, but as soon as I leave that cell, I'm instantly up to 1500MB again, and can't do anything. I don't know if I can help pinpoint what is causing this, but it seems like after the audio memory leak was addressed, this started occurring. I don't know if that's coincidence, or if the two issues are related, but my game isn't dumping any memory at all right now. I'm lucky to be able to teleport once, and if I manage that, I'm confined to wherever I teleported to, because if I leave said area, the game has to load again, and it just crashes due to reaching its memory threshold.

P.S. I do still play with all of my sound OFF.

All these people with memory issues I wonder if the game would run a lot better if a 64-bit version was made.

Or if they just allowed the 32 bit version use up to 4gb of ram, as 32 bit applications are able to do.

Could be a restraint with the engine, or could be due to the maximum 32 bit integer.

max 32 bit int: 2,147,483,647
max 64 bit int: 9,223,372,036,854,775,807

Could be a restraint with the engine, or could be due to the maximum 32 bit integer.

max 32 bit int: 2,147,483,647
max 64 bit int: 9,223,372,036,854,775,807
On 32bit OSes 32 bit applications can access up to 2gb of ram, on 64bit OSes they can access up to 4gb of ram if set with the right flag (LAA - Large Address Aware) in the executable. I only know this because I mod a lot of older games and modifying them to use 4gb of ram is a must in most cases. If the game didn't check the executable before running it could actually be done by players for TLOPO its that simple (that is if it doesn't cause problems)

Source. Technical how to accomplish. Non-Technical how 2.

Right however people who use computers with processors that can only run 32 bit architecture and OS's then it would still be an issue, and would be limited to 2 still.

Due to alot of people having 32 bit operating systems and computers here is probably where all the issues and instability is coming from too. Since I have 64 bit pc a bit higher end and have never struggled with getting ingame, I only crash after a long material run or etc.

Back