Release Notes 2017-7-17 tlopo-rc-v1.3.3

Right however people who use computers with processors that can only run 32 bit architecture and OS's then it would still be an issue, and would be limited to 2 still.

Due to alot of people having 32 bit operating systems and computers here is probably where all the issues and instability is coming from too. Since I have 64 bit pc a bit higher end and have never struggled with getting ingame, I only crash after a long material run or etc.
I actually doubt very many people have 32bit OS's, unless they are running an older machine to begin with. Most lowend laptops nowadays even ship with 64bit OS's. I don't have access to TLOPO's user statistics however so it could be a good portion of the community.
how do i check if my computer is 32 bit or 64 bit?
If its windows 10, right click the start button and click system. "System type" will tell you.

Most players who even play this game play this game because of its low pc requirements, but also because its just a very very good game of a very good franchise. But I digress. =p

Good update. Finally back to grinding.
  • Corsairs are insta-sinking every ship they hit. I've tested this with my War Brig, War Frigate, and War Sloop, even with Take Cover. The second they hit me with explosive when I'm at full health and armor, I instantly sink. (NOTE: According to @Yulia , "Enemy ships at sea copy the captain of the ship's cannon skill stats tree." Thanks for the info. For the sake of keeping our sanity, stay away from Corsairs.)
  • As mentioned in 1.3.0 update list, certain buffs, especially ones used by weapons, still don't work.
  • TBC

Last edited:
Good update. Finally back to grinding.
  • Corsairs are insta-sinking every ship they hit. I've tested this with my War Brig, War Frigate, and War Sloop, even with Take Cover. The second they hit me with explosive when I'm at full health and armor, I instantly sink.
  • As mentioned in 1.3.0 update list, certain buffs, especially ones used by weapons, still don't work.
  • TBC

Enemy ships at sea copy the captain of the ship's cannon skill stats tree. So if you have max explosives, roundshot, lightning, fury etc. The enemy ships will copy that. Its been a bug since forever.

Enemy ships at sea copy the captain of the ship's cannon skill stats tree. So if you have max explosives, roundshot, lightning, fury etc. The enemy ships will copy that. Its been a bug since forever.
Seriously? How'd they mess that up? Anyways, my explosive is only at 1, but the other skills must affect it too.

I believe in original pirates that enemy explosive shots were either a different skill then normal explosive, or a weaker version, because the player one still deals 2588 to 5175 which 1 single one can destroy and entire panel and entire broadside can easily merk any player ship.

I believe in original pirates that enemy explosive shots were either a different skill then normal explosive, or a weaker version, because the player one still deals 2588 to 5175 which 1 single one can destroy and entire panel and entire broadside can easily merk any player ship.
It was a weaker version in the original. I faintly remember it would take, at max, up either a third or half the max health of the ship's hull armor. But this, this is just a ridiculous nuisance.

Seriously? Do you write code perchance? And if so, do you work on million+ LOC projects and get every feature/fix right the first time?
Sorry, let me rephrase that. What I meant wasn't to be an insult. What I mean was "How come the player's skill tree is what determines the enemy ships damage output, but at an annoying scale with explosive." And for the record, yes I have done coding in the past. And yes, it is a pain to get it to work properly, especially for different OS's.

I understand its not intended, but its very easy to not get hit by a Corsair and you shouldn't be so hard on them. Its obviously Beta and massive effort is being done to eliminate all bugs.

I understand its not intended, but its very easy to not get hit by a Corsair and you shouldn't be so hard on them. Its obviously Beta and massive effort is being done to eliminate all bugs.
Easier said than done with all the bugs. It's hard enough to keep track of miles of code, let alone making new ones that (hopefully) work and editing current ones that don't.

In the meantime can always just park in front of a Corsair and get one good broadside off on them and they insta sink. And whats left usually crew picks off before it can turn and face you usually.

Back