Release Notes 2017-8-2 tlopo-rc-1.4.0

Bugfixes
  • Fixed a bug where player skill ranks would get "copied" over to enemies.
Maintenance
  • Code cleanup.
  • TLOPO for Windows is now Large Address Aware (LAA). This means that, while still a 32-bit application, it now has a memory ceiling of 4GB as opposed to 2GB.
  • Updated the way that enemy ships fire at players.
  • Whitelist and Blacklist updates.

This means they'll aim at us now, instead of the "shotgun" style they were doing before? Well, I better get some armor on me sloop! Dx

You can 'juke' the shot by stopping or changing directions very quickly since it aims for where you 'will be'. I used to exploit that back in POTCO all the time, at least with the normal ships (Bounty Hunters and Warships are too aggressive to do it repeatedly safely.) ;)

Bugfixes
  • Fixed a bug where player skill ranks would get "copied" over to enemies.
Maintenance
  • Code cleanup.
  • TLOPO for Windows is now Large Address Aware (LAA). This means that, while still a 32-bit application, it now has a memory ceiling of 4GB as opposed to 2GB.
  • Updated the way that enemy ships fire at players.
  • Whitelist and Blacklist updates.
Hopefully this solves the biggest issue when playing the game now, great work TLOPO team, looking forward to testing this update out and reporting back for ya

Hopefully this solves the biggest issue when playing the game now, great work TLOPO team, looking forward to testing this update out and reporting back for ya
It'll definitely "band-aid" it, but won't be fixed, unless the game coincidentally starts dumping memory again. It's a giant step in the right direction though, and I can't wait for the switch to full 64-bit support. Hopefully I can at least start back into TLOPO and play it for longer than 10 minutes. Keep up the progress!

We are SO grateful for your hard work and the massive improvements! It never ceases to amaze me how fast the improvements keep coming... It's like a "Pirate Repeater of Epic Patches" +3 to Awesomeness! Thank you again! Two armored thumbs up!

Two armored thumbs up!.jpg

• TLOPO for Windows is now Large Address Aware (LAA). This means that, while still a 32-bit application, it now has a memory ceiling of
I have trouble understanding what that sentence means in practicality. What is the impact on TLOPO due to this? How does increased memory help the game? Will there be expectations of increasing the size of the memory? What is LAA?

I have trouble understanding what that sentence means in practicality. What is the impact on TLOPO due to this? How does increased memory help the game? Will there be expectations of increasing the size of the memory? What is LAA?
Increasing the memory will help out with the issues with crashing. Once they add a new audio engine in the near future it is said that it should fix many issues players are facing now
fc59f9118316d545aa75551bf08e7408.png

Increasing the memory will help out with the issues with crashing. Once they add a new audio engine in the near future it is said that it should fix many issues players are facing now
fc59f9118316d545aa75551bf08e7408.png
Nice pic right there...

BUMPER CARS! - Francis from L4D

Last edited:
I Must say it's a Totally New Experiance Hitting a Omen from afar , I see they Now have the Shooting capabilities of the other Foes hitting you from Long , long , long Distance . Tagged a Omen at edge of Compass and It was Hitting me back from that Edge of Compass ! Sailing has just hit a Low ! lol

Back