Release Notes 2017-8-2 tlopo-rc-1.4.0

I think they are hitting harder. @dajeeps mentioned the numbers, and on top of that, single cannons firing from ships are dealing significant amounts of damage, like round shot, I'm not even talking any other rounds yet lol I agree that they're also maybe hitting more often, but I don't think there's a question, they're hitting harder. And yes, explosive rounds seem to be hitting a lot harder than they did prior to the update.

Maybe I'm just super unfamiliar with taking damage because of how I barely ever got hit before the update.

Did someone say humblebrag? Who said that?!

Getting worse and worse it seems

Not following the simple rule of coding test code before implantation
This is something called the hard truth, these problems would not have gotten worse it the rule was followed.

This is something called the hard truth, these problems would not have gotten worse it the rule was followed.
j8yMuOL.png

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. The image this gave me was hilarious. Remember to test your code!

Although I agree, stuff needs to be tested, I have said these things many a time, and will say them again. 1.) This is a beta, it's what we signed up for, bugs, bugs, and more bugs. Playing the game is a privilege that comes with testing it. 2.) Sometimes these issues don't show up as prominently pre-launch. Or the devs are so burnt out, from working on said patch, they may not notice them. Let us not forget that, these devs are doing all of this, for no profit. They're doing this for nothing other than a love for the game, so that kinda doubles back to them maybe being burnt out when running initial testing. They've said before, they test every patch, it's pushed to us, the testers, to further TEST the update. It's a beta, it's in the job description. I don't mean to sound rude, I just wanted reiterate what we are doing, and why we are "playing" this game :)

A couple things:
1) With this last update, it seems that most enemy ships have far too short of a recharge times on broadsides. Storm reapers were sending out dozens of lightning ammo at me. Even with Take Cover 3, once that expired, my boat was in a conundrum because of the damage increase. Same goes for EITC Barracudas (which somehow do 1000 damage with firebrand) sending waves of flames at me, and most other halfway-decent ships that I tested against. Damage increase is fine, but tone down the frequency of large broadsides to like every 10-15s instead of every 5. I enjoy challenges, but prefer not having a ridiculous sailing AI where I am running away just to try to save my hide...

2) SvS is currently broken due to something with the audio system? I know from talking to a few folks in guild that TLOPO is awaiting an audio system overhaul which should hopefully fix it. I crash when using cannon and / or if I hit or am hit with a broadside. Shame that it started to crash with this last update.

3) Sailing loot seems bugged. I get crates and loot pouches listing on the side despite having just royal chests / loot skulls and materials. I think it'd be wonderful if ship materials / rare ship materials gave a small amount of gold too (100-150 gold for regular, 200 for rare ship materials), or something so that I am not stuck with 30 gold from a cargo crate that I replaced early on...

That being said, game is running smoothly for the most part, and I haven't had nearly as many crashes while porting as I have in the past. Keep up the good work! :D

3) Sailing loot seems bugged. I get crates and loot pouches listing on the side despite having just royal chests / loot skulls and materials. I think it'd be wonderful if ship materials / rare ship materials gave a small amount of gold too (100-150 gold for regular, 200 for rare ship materials), or something so that I am not stuck with 30 gold from a cargo crate that I replaced early on....
This I don't believe is a bug. You never "replace" cargo, just upgrade per se. The only cargo that doesn't get replaced, is Loot Skulls, Rare Materials, and Materials (although they will be 'replaced' by rares). It's all banked, and looted at the end of a voyage. That's how it was in POTCO, and why gold runs were so doable. I do agree that it would be nice to get gold from materials though!

This I don't believe is a bug. You never "replace" cargo, just upgrade per se. The only cargo that doesn't get replaced, is Loot Skulls, Rare Materials, and Materials (although they will be 'replaced' by rares). It's all banked, and looted at the end of a voyage. That's how it was in POTCO, and why gold runs were so doable. I do agree that it would be nice to get gold from materials though!
Oh I guess I had been under the impression that better loot "replaced" other loot. I seemed to get a lot more gold in prior updates. I still somehow end up with more crates than royals oftentimes when I port, even though I have a habit of porting with 10 royal chests out of 22 cargo. Aww well.

Oh I guess I had been under the impression that better loot "replaced" other loot. I seemed to get a lot more gold in prior updates. I still somehow end up with more crates than royals oftentimes when I port, even though I have a habit of porting with 10 royal chests out of 22 cargo. Aww well.
Yeah, I think when they tweaked how loot was calculated, it changed your gold from porting, just a guess though

Back