Release Notes 2017-8-6 tlopo-rc-1.4.1

Seahawk

Site Founder
Features
  • The gold cap has been raised from 200,000 to 300,000!
  • We have reached 100k registered players! The following redeem codes are now active: loyalty100k, cross100k, skull100k, and gold10k! They will expire on September 6th at 11:59PM EDT.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a district reset related to SvS.
  • Fixed several crashes with cannons.
Maintenance
  • Code cleanup.
  • Ships now shoot their cannons to a reasonable max distance.
  • We have heard your demands for more ships on the seas! We have increased the number of ships on the waters immensely. Please give us your feedback on the new number of ships.

Free money!

And more ships on the seas? Oh boy, here I go killin' again!

Edit: Redeem codes and blog post link/quote:

VSP3uDz.png

Taken from this blog post:

Posted by The Crew on Aug. 6, 2017, 10 p.m.

https://tlopo.com/static/img/posts/08-06-2017-happy100k-F47C-A9C4-A081-54CB_558x314.jpg
Ahoy, everyone!

Today is a very special day. A day we couldn't have even imagined in our wildest dreams. As of 9:23PM EDT on August 6th, 2017, The Legend of Pirates Online is now serving 100,000 players! This is an incredible achievement! When we first started working on this project back in late 2014, all we wanted was to return to the Caribbean, the way it used to be. We never expected so many of you to come along for the ride! Since then, our team has grown, and each of us has learned so much through this journey. We're incredibly grateful and humbled by your support!

In celebration of this milestone, we have a few surprises up our sleeves! For starters, as of TODAY, the gold cap will be raised to 300,000!

And no celebration would be complete without some redeem codes! You can claim the following items until September 6. Please note that if you redeem them with a full inventory, you will not receive the items and will be unable to redeem them again.

loyal100k for the Loyalty Bandana
cross100k for the Crossbones Bandana
skull100k for the Skull Staff
gold10k for 10,000 gold

We also have 17 exclusive TLOPO themed wallpapers for you all! You can preview and download them here.

In addition, Rosetta Zimm is once again giving out a special surprise on Port Royal. Our sources indicate that she won't be running out of stock any time soon...

Thank you again for your support! It means the world to us. See you on the High Seas!

~The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

Edit Edit:

Here's my post below about the lag from sailing.

Well the sailing is problematic. Ships "snag" a lot, and hunters teleport around like crazy.

Here's a video. The hunter comes in around the one minute mark and immediately goes haywire. I eventually stop using my normal tactics.

At some point before the recording the ocean stopped rendering properly too.

---VIDEO SNIPPED---

I normally don't like to overlay music over videos, but my microphone was making a horrible buzzing noise the whole time apparently. I tried to use something generic and background-ey. Edit: Youtube's sound thingy isn't working. Welcome to buzzing! Just mute it.

Here is a link to the original video on my DropBox if YouTube's quality keeps being terrible.
(Note: Loud buzzing, and 110mb file. Mp4 file, will play in chrome)

@LesPaulObsession

Last edited:
We have reached 100k registered players! The following redeem codes are now active: loyalty100k, cross100k, skull100k, and gold10k! They will expire on September 6th at 11:59PM EDT.
Umm so what do loyalty, cross and skull do? Cosmetics?
  • Bugfixes
I'd hug you all if I could :D ... SvS resets were driving me nuts!

Umm so what do loyalty, cross and skull do? Cosmetics?

Loyalty is a bandana, cross is a hat, i think, and skull is a stave.
Correct me if I'm wrong mates, I may be incredibly wrong.
EDIT: Loyalty100k is Loyalty Bandana, Cross100k I am not sure about, and Skull100k I think is the Skull Staff again.

Anything different about these items? or just repeats?

Oh, yeah, Skull is a staff! It's the staff I tried to redeem earlier today because I just got the level for it! TLOPO devs, you guys, you get me. You really do.

...Have you been watching me?

Are Loyalty, Cross, and Skull new codes for the loyalty bandanna, the red loyalty hat thing, and the skull staff?

Ahhh I love this! Especially the redeem codes, I've always wanted that black bandana. And now my alternate pirate can get basically all the codes she missed out on. Thanks TLOPO devs, this is amazing and it's awesome to see how far we've all come already. :buds:

EDIT: Loyalty100k is Loyalty Bandana, Cross100k I am not sure about, and Skull100k I think is the Skull Staff again.

Anything different about these items? or just repeats?

Yup, the loyalty bandana and I believe the crossbones one is a bandana as well. The scoundrel hat will likely be /redeemcode scoundrel or scoundrel100k or something like that.

Features

• The gold cap has been raised from 200,000 to 300,000!
    • We have reached 100k registered players! The following redeem codes are now active: loyalty100k, cross100k, skull100k, and gold10k! They will expire on September 6th at 11:59PM EDT.
Bugfixes

Maintenance

• Code cleanup.
    • Ships now shoot their cannons to a reasonable max distance.
    • We have heard your demands for more ships on the seas! We have increased the number of ships on the waters immensely. Please give us your feedback on the new number of ships.
When glancing at this on the TLOPO website I thought it said more inventory space has been added.

Sadly that's not true.... I cry.. pls TLOPO hear me

THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM SINCE POTCO WE NEED MORE INVENTORY SPACE!!!!!!!!! MANY OF US CANNOT REDEEM ALL THESE CODES WITHOUT TRASHING OTHER GOOD ITEMS!

Congratulations on 100k!!!!! Incredible work TLOPO!

Back