Release Notes 2017-8-6 tlopo-rc-1.4.1

When glancing at this on the TLOPO website I thought it said more inventory space has been added.

Sadly that's not true.... I cry.. pls TLOPO hear me

THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM SINCE POTCO WE NEED MORE INVENTORY SPACE!!!!!!!!! MANY OF US CANNOT REDEEM ALL THESE CODES WITHOUT TRASHING OTHER GOOD ITEMS!

Congratulations on 100k!!!!! Incredible work TLOPO!

I wholeheartedly agree, I want to have all these great items, but I don't want to have to trash famed/good bright items to be able to get them :/, I don't really see an argument against this off the top of my head, no reason not to.

I wholeheartedly agree, I want to have all these great items, but I don't want to have to trash famed/good bright items to be able to get them :/, I don't really see an argument against this off the top of my head, no reason not to.

I can give you a few.

First, there's storage space on the servers. Admittedly not a big issue since items aren't custom and they presumably use single short/integer ID values for each item, but it's still an issue.

Secondly, and most importantly, difficulty of implementation. Depends how the inventory is stored. Is a list of items created in the database as they spawn into the world and each character simply has a pointer to a specific item? Easy to increase there. But what if when a character is created an inventory is created for them with a bunch of empty slots? More specifically, what if all inventories are simply a single database with nothing but pointers, and the server generates a set amount of numbers each time a character is created? Say characters have 40 spaces. The first pirate will have every item from slots 0-39 on the server. But the second pirate? His is 40-79. The 149th pirate? He will have items 5920-5959. Though you could still increase these slots using some math and a few good SQL commands, if anything went slightly wrong everyone's inventories would seemingly randomize as they pour over into each other's. Additionally, rolling back such a change should it not go as intended would be a disaster.

And third, that would require some UI changes. This means more man-hours consumed. If all other reasons are not valid, this one will be the final "gate" that will stop the devs, as their priorities may be on other things.

I can give you a few.

First, there's storage space on the servers. Admittedly not a big issue since items aren't custom and they presumably use single short/integer ID values for each item, but it's still an issue.

Secondly, and most importantly, difficulty of implementation. Depends how the inventory is stored. Is a list of items created in the database as they spawn into the world and each character simply has a pointer to a specific item? Easy to increase there. But what if when a character is created an inventory is created for them with a bunch of empty slots? More specifically, what if all inventories are simply a single database with nothing but pointers, and the server generates a set amount of numbers each time a character is created? Say characters have 40 spaces. The first pirate will have every item from slots 0-39 on the server. But the second pirate? His is 40-79. The 149th pirate? He will have items 5920-5959. Though you could still increase these slots using some math and a few good SQL commands, if anything went slightly wrong everyone's inventories would seemingly randomize as they pour over into each other's. Additionally, rolling back such a change should it not go as intended would be a disaster.

And third, that would require some UI changes. This means more man-hours consumed. If all other reasons are not valid, this one will be the final "gate" that will stop the devs, as their priorities may be on other things.
1. Its not easy

2. Its not the most important think by any means

3. It is long overdue and needs to be worked on at some point

TY ! TY! TY ! been missing my Sailing for 3 - 4 hours at a time ! Harbingers and Omens have all missed me !!!

More then ample ships , There be a Traffic Jam between Rum Runners and Drift Wood !

Yep got my Blood hound for Nil on the " Pearl Quest " ..... but .... but .... The quest Is MIA after the update !! lol

Last edited:
Well the sailing is problematic. Ships "snag" a lot, and hunters teleport around like crazy.

Here's a video. The hunter comes in around the one minute mark and immediately goes haywire. I eventually stop using my normal tactics.

At some point before the recording the ocean stopped rendering properly too.

I normally don't like to overlay music over videos, but my microphone was making a horrible buzzing noise the whole time apparently. I tried to use something generic and background-ey. Edit: Youtube's sound thingy isn't working. Welcome to buzzing! Just mute it.

Here is a link to the original video on my DropBox if YouTube's quality keeps being terrible.
(Note: Loud buzzing, and 110mb file. Mp4 file, will play in chrome)

@LesPaulObsession

Last edited:
First impressions on the update:

There are a ton of new ships, which is amazing! The only downside to this is now there is a ton of lag while at sea.

Another update: it seems like not just the high seas are extremely laggy. Even on an island like padres, when i type something, shoot something, or deal damage, it takes about 3 seconds to show up.

Last edited:
SvS is broken again... :/ Damage values don't show and the damage done is significantly less. Broadsides hit for 24 damage, Fury for 42, and Explosive for 73. LOL.

I love the amount of ships at sea, but I must agree with everyone else, the lag is hitting hard right now. I'm not sure if it was related to the number of ships at sea now, or potentially the number of people queing up to get in the game, but ships were rubberbanding out the wazoo. Aiming at them was a headache and a half. I managed, but it was tough. On a better note, although they're still firing from stupid weird angles (like the stern, masts, or fronts of the ships on non-frigates) the damage seems to have been toned back to the appropriate level, nothing seems crazy high anymore, at least that I noticed. Biggest thing is the lag, everything is hanging a good 3-5 seconds, and ships are rubberbanding like crazy. Other than that, great update! :)

I love the amount of ships at sea, but I must agree with everyone else, the lag is hitting hard right now. I'm not sure if it was related to the number of ships at sea now, or potentially the number of people queing up to get in the game, but ships were rubberbanding out the wazoo. Aiming at them was a headache and a half. I managed, but it was tough. On a better note, although they're still firing from stupid weird angles (like the stern, masts, or fronts of the ships on non-frigates) the damage seems to have been toned back to the appropriate level, nothing seems crazy high anymore, at least that I noticed. Biggest thing is the lag, everything is hanging a good 3-5 seconds, and ships are rubberbanding like crazy. Other than that, great update! :)
They removed the feature where there were more ships at sea and apologized for it. I'm assuming this was not meant to be implemented but I think it might imply that the TLOPO team is working on getting more ships on the oceans!

Even though there was a tremendous amount of lag we so much appreciate the hard work the Dev's are doing. Thanks so much!!! And I do think one of the problems with amount of ships is the fact the ones that are already there do not spawn once sunk. If it could be fixed that those would spawn maybe there would be no complaints about more ships.

How do i redeem these codes?
You can type /code <code>" or click the Redeem Code button in your inventory.
wGvCgD3.png

Back