Release Notes 2017-8-7 tlopo-rc-v1.4.2

I think there are more ships than before. Just not so many to cause the lag issue they found in 1.4.1 update

Wow. That was fast.

Well we're stuck to the lack of ship issue, now.

I never had a problem with the amount of ships we had before, per se, but the fact that sometimes it seemed like they just never respawned. It would look like the seas were empty, but only because those ships had all been sunk by someone.

A fresh server, or just one where nobody has sunk 'em all recently, always had plenty of ships to shoot at in the prime areas. Enough to get warships after you two-fold!

Haven't been on for the past few updates. And I must say... WHAT A GREAT AMOUNT OF WORK!!!!! Well done devs! Keep it up. I'm not gonna do a list this time, I'm just gonna enjoy the game. I'll start doing it next update.

Ok, I have one thing that I have noticed with this update. For some reason, whenever i loot a loot pouch or chest while sailing, and try to dock, the game gets stuck infinitely loading and I am forced to close the game. I am not sure if this happens to everyone, but it happens to me every time.

Ok, I have one thing that I have noticed with this update. For some reason, whenever i loot a loot pouch or chest while sailing, and try to dock, the game gets stuck infinitely loading and I am forced to close the game. I am not sure if this happens to everyone, but it happens to me every time.
I have ported and successfully looted each time since the updates, with at least 10 loot pouches/chests. That being said, it could still be an issue

...not during docking, but I had this too last night. I went through a door and the loading screen got stuck (on 100%). I regularly get more lag than my friends do while playing online games, so I'm used to getting held up on loading screens ..... I wandered off to make coffee and give it more time but it was still stuck when I returned approximately 10 mins later.
After reloading I tried the door a couple more times and had no problems, so I figured it was a random occurrence and didn't bother reporting it. In fact if anything other than that one time, my loading screens (including docking) seem to have been going quicker since this update.

New bug i think if anyone else has encountered it when you go to put off the sound and untick the 3 options the game decides to crash on me

This happened to me too once after the update. I was on a public ship on cannon at the time so don't know if that was the reason. Since I have turned off sound while on land and in pirate selection screen had no issues.

I wanted to note, I'm not sure the NPC ships mimicking player stats is fixed. Whilst sailing against warships last night, I noticed that all of the explosive rounds were matching the damage of my untrained explosive rounds (something like 1400, or 1500) so I got curious, and started checking the ammo type and damage amounts that were hitting, and they all matched almost perfectly, with a 3 point discrepancy at most. I only took notice, because a Corsair almost sank my ship with one broadside. They're doing Ship of the Line damage, which makes no sense to me. I just wanted to point that out, maybe I'm crazy, and maybe it is fixed, I just thought it seemed strange that their damage matched my cannon skills.

Since you all are getting some sailing fixes in these days, I'd like to mention that loot for warships is still wrong. A rare ship materials chest should have two regular materials in it in addition to the rare material. Otherwise, we may as well not even battle the warships to begin with, because they take 2 to 3 times as long to sink.

That said, all the logistics of sea battle are MUCH better after the last pair of updates. We don't have enemies throwing cannon fire from a mile away and that is really nice.

I've been noticing that i keep getting random lag spikes just out of nowhere, i mostly see them while sailing, example when firing broadsides sometimes, but sometimes on land just moving

Back