Release Notes 2018-2-16 tlopo-rc-v1.10.0

PSA
  • We have entirely rewritten the questing system fixing numerous issues with questing, such as the frequently lost Black Pearl Quest. Please check to see if any of your missing quests have been returned. Thank you so much for being patient as we looked into this issue, please provide us with feedback on this update if you're still having issues with your quests!
Features
  • Random Bosses are now spawning periodically around the Caribbean!
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a bug causing the game's icon to not appear on Windows.
  • Fixed a bug where Jolly Roger attacked barricades that were already destroyed.
  • Fixed a bug where the ray of light shined on the wrong door in the tutorial.
  • Fixed a bug with health regen in battle.
  • Fixed a bug with the ravens on Raven's Cove preventing them from flying.
  • Fixed a massive server memory leak in the world creation system.
  • Fixed a server memory leak related to NPC enemies.
  • Fixed a server memory leak related to ships.
  • Fixed a visual issue in the shard panel post-invasions.
  • Fixed a deep-rooted issue causing quests to be randomly dropped without any apparent explanation.
  • Fixed numerous issues with Jolly Roger's attack AI.
  • Fixed several district resets caused by the fixed memory leak.
  • Fixed several grammatical errors in text.
  • Fixed several issues with the tutorial.
  • Fixed the ship loot overflow bug.
  • Potentially fixed issues with Jolly Roger's animations not always showing.
  • We have entirely rewritten the questing system fixing numerous issues with questing, such as the frequently lost Black Pearl Quest.
Maintenance
  • Added new hints to the loading screen regarding player security.
  • Code cleanup.
  • Numerous security improvements.
  • Players are now required to defeat the two enemy skeletons in the tutorial.
  • We have made a few changes to the Jolly Roger's and other invasion enemies' health formula.
Known Issues
  • We're aware of an issue with our sailing loot system rewrite where you'll only receive one piece of loot (loot or cargo) per ship in most scenarios. This will be corrected in a future

Last edited:
PSA
  • We have entirely rewritten the questing system fixing numerous issues with questing, such as the frequently lost Black Pearl Quest. Please check to see if any of your missing quests have been returned. Thank you so much for being patient as we looked into this issue, please provide us with feedback on this update if you're still having issues with your quests!
Features
  • Random Bosses are now spawning periodically around the Caribbean!
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a bug causing the game's icon to not appear on Windows.
  • Fixed a bug where Jolly Roger attacked barricades that were already destroyed.
  • Fixed a bug where the ray of light shined on the wrong door in the tutorial.
  • Fixed a bug with health regen in battle.
  • Fixed a bug with the ravens on Raven's Cove preventing them from flying.
  • Fixed a massive server memory leak in the world creation system.
  • Fixed a server memory leak related to NPC enemies.
  • Fixed a server memory leak related to ships.
  • Fixed a visual issue in the shard panel post-invasions.
  • Fixed an deep-rooted issue causing quests to be randomly dropped without any apparent explanation.
  • Fixed numerous issues with Jolly Roger's attack AI.
  • Fixed several district resets caused by the fixed memory leak.
  • Fixed several grammatical errors in text.
  • Fixed several issues with the tutorial.
  • Fixed the ship loot overflow bug.
  • Potentially fixed issues with Jolly Roger's animations not always showing.
  • We have entirely rewritten the questing system fixing numerous issues with questing, such as the frequently lost Black Pearl Quest.
Maintenance
  • Added new hints to the loading screen regarding player security.
  • Code cleanup.
  • Numerous security improvements.
  • Players are now required to defeat the two enemy skeletons in the tutorial.
  • We have made a few changes to the Jolly Roger's and other invasion enemies' health formula.
Known Issues
  • We're aware of an issue with our sailing loot system rewrite where you'll only receive one piece of loot (loot or cargo) per ship in most scenarios. This will be corrected in a future
Was there an unintended server rollback? Because weapons and clothes I sold earlier today are back in my inventory, and people's quests have been reset.

Where do you want us to send quest info...email? I do have the bp quest back on one of my pirates but not another...(I was at the last stage which was to recover the black pearl)..

those 16 slots or how ever many slots your ship had were alot more then 16 you could get runs and get over 25k gold, it would take along time of sinking ships but it would be work it in the end, now the loot when it replaces other loots its actually gone. I believe im getting this right or i could be dumb.

Anyone else not able to get into the game? (game not starting from launcher)

EDIT: Had DirectX 9 chosen. Switch back to OpenGL if you're having this issue

Last edited:
those 16 slots or how ever many slots your ship had were alot more then 16 you could get runs and get over 25k gold, it would take along time of sinking ships but it would be work it in the end, now the loot when it replaces other loots its actually gone. I believe im getting this right or i could be dumb.
Did they want to completely kill sailing's usefulness? Because that's how you do it.

to be fair it was a bug you arnt suppost to have more cargo then your ship can hold, it seems bad since were not used to it eventually we will get used to it. Its just gona be brutal couple of days sailing

and as far as ship upgrades and skull runs go you wont notice a difference since you couldn't stack those, at least i dont believe so.

STILL don't have the Raven's Cove TP quest, really annoying. I have it on my other pirate despite never having done the quest. Hopefully, this can be fixed since it's a real chore sailing there constantly.

Disconnected.png
I have tried several times to get on the game and this is the screen I get before I am even on screen. I cannot log in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still does the same thing with my one pirate. The other three I have I can get on just not this one. It is the one I have been playing the most lately. So I am not sure why it is not letting me on this one. And before anyone says anything. I checked my email and I have not been banned on that pirate. I am an old lady and don't play those games.

Last edited:
to be fair it was a bug you arnt suppost to have more cargo then your ship can hold, it seems bad since were not used to it eventually we will get used to it. Its just gona be brutal couple of days sailing

I seem to recall the "upgrade" feature was part of the POTCO sailing experience. It wasn't a bug. We enjoyed it and used sailing for much more than just to get materials. This is where our guild bonds, where we find new and interesting friends or recruit new guildmates, where we engage with one another while sorting loot and talking about the bright clothes and famed weapons we just acquired. Then we'd run out to do it again.... and again. The bug fix KILLED sailing and there is now ZERO chance to get db or brights from sailing with this "fix." The only true bug was being able to retrieve lost loot after sinking. I am sickened by this choice by our Devs. :(

smh

Back