Release Notes 2018-2-16 tlopo-rc-v1.10.0

"bug" Let's not forget how long this "bug" was part of the original game. Long enough, that many people thought this was a feature. I started playing POTCO just months after it released, and for as long as I remember, sailing loot, reacted in the way it did before this update. That's why I quoted the word bug in my post, feels like a stretch to me calling it a bug, when it was part of the game for so long.
just because it was apart of the game for a long time doesnt mean it isn't a bug >.< do you also remember the fact that disney neglected to fix this "bug"

To clarify, most loot containers are still replaced by higher tier loot. There are only 4 types of containers which are not replaceable:
  • Loot chests
  • Loot skull chests
  • Ship materials
  • Rare ship materials
I believe the bugs addressed in this update include the above loot containers being replaceable, lower tier loot containers not actually being removed when 'replaced' (causing ships to hold over their maximum amount), and loot being recoverable from sunken ships.

Do you devs (boys or girls, I dont know) take a few minutes to rest or sleep from time to time?
Your efforts and work are simply amazing!
Thank you so much!

I sailed with a crew (cannon) on Abassa today twice for long runs & I also sailed by myself on my own ship & got 400-500 gold & a few loot with the big crew & I got 600-700 on my own so yes it makes a big difference & sailing in a crew for more loot, mats & gold is basically pointless right now. You are sadly already losing players because of boredom, this will make them leave in droves. I love this game & much appreciate your efforts but this was a mistake that should be rectified. Fix glitched quests. I have 1 pirate of my 3 accounts that can't get on & she has the finished quests that still show up so wondering if that isn't part of the loading problem, been stuck with not being able to play her for months now.

It seems that there is always 5 hours update break at Saturdays. Why Saturdays? Why not Wednesday or another less gamer friendly day (at least for those who are working)? Don't get me wrong, thanks for your amazing job :)

I sailed with a crew (cannon) on Abassa today twice for long runs & I also sailed by myself on my own ship & got 400-500 gold & a few loot with the big crew & I got 600-700 on my own so yes it makes a big difference & sailing in a crew for more loot, mats & gold is basically pointless right now. You are sadly already losing players because of boredom, this will make them leave in droves. I love this game & much appreciate your efforts but this was a mistake that should be rectified. Fix glitched quests. I have 1 pirate of my 3 accounts that can't get on & she has the finished quests that still show up so wondering if that isn't part of the loading problem, been stuck with not being able to play her for months now.
If you read the known issues, there is an issue with sailing loot completely unrelated to the bug fixes. This is probably more to blame for your experience. The bug fixes do mean porting more often, but the overall loot return per ships sunk shouldn't really be much different (after the bug is fixed).

It seems that there is always 5 hours update break at Saturdays. Why Saturdays? Why not Wednesday or another less gamer friendly day (at least for those who are working)? Don't get me wrong, thanks for your amazing job :)
Because the developers are volunteers working on this project in their spare time. On the weekdays they are also working (or at school), the same as you. The spare time they have to update the game will probably coincide with your own spare time to play it. It's not ideal, but that's just the way it is.

If you read the known issues, there is an issue with sailing loot completely unrelated to the bug fixes. This is probably more to blame for your experience. The bug fixes do mean porting more often, but the overall loot return per ships sunk shouldn't really be much different (after the bug is fixed).

Because the developers are volunteers working on this project in their spare time. On the weekdays they are also working (or at school), the same as you. The spare time they have to update the game will probably coincide with your own spare time to play it. It's not ideal, but that's just the way it is.

OK and thank for you all doing this amazing job :)

and as far as ship upgrades and skull runs go you wont notice a difference since you couldn't stack those, at least i dont believe so.
Turns out that sailing loot is not fixed at all, It's very buggy with this update. The loot seemed to drop and not drop quite randomly once your ship gained the amount of cargo that it can hold. Loot is not replaced in the way it should be and what ever is showing in your hold when you port is not awarded to you when you port. This became very obvious once the hold had become all loot chests, mats, and royal chests. Some of the royal Chests and loot chests were replaced and other were not. Eventually I ended up with a few rare mat chests, 7 skull chests, 5 reg. loot chests, and a few reg. mat chests and could not replace cargo as though the hold was full. There were a bunch of instances where royal chests were not replaced with mat chests even though the royal chests eventually all were replaced. I only actually got 1 skull chest upon porting even though I had 7 showing in the hold when I ported.

Exactly Eric!! Sailing is horrendous now & is definitely broken!!! This needs to be fixed & very soon!!!

to be fair it was a bug you arnt suppost to have more cargo then your ship can hold, it seems bad since were not used to it eventually we will get used to it. Its just gona be brutal couple of days sailing
Are you sayaing that sailing loot now does not replace the loot pouches with higher loot at all? So, once you get like a certain amount of cargo you are completely done? Let's say, like 5 royal chests, 3 skull chests, 5 rare, 5 material and some pouches? Never to improve loot?

EDIT: Never mind, seen the comments about what's really happening. The devs are on it.

Last edited:
View attachment 100644 I have tried several times to get on the game and this is the screen I get before I am even on screen. I cannot log in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still does the same thing with my one pirate. The other three I have I can get on just not this one. It is the one I have been playing the most lately. So I am not sure why it is not letting me on this one. And before anyone says anything. I checked my email and I have not been banned on that pirate. I am an old lady and don't play those games.
Want to join the BOOMERS guild?

"bug" Let's not forget how long this "bug" was part of the original game. Long enough, that many people thought this was a feature. I started playing POTCO just months after it released, and for as long as I remember, sailing loot, reacted in the way it did before this update. That's why I quoted the word bug in my post, feels like a stretch to me calling it a bug, when it was part of the game for so long.
By reading most of the posts, I see that it seems the DEV's weren't trying to change this feature like it did and may be doing something about it.

As far as replacing loot with better/more loot. I can actually see pirates physically throwing junk overboard to make room for more valuable stuff, so I thought since I can imagine this happening, the looting and replacing ability wasn't a bug to me but more of a real life copy cat thing.

They don't fly you over to a ship on air but ropes. We can't jump off mountains without dying and take damage appropriate to what's attacking you most times. So, I thought it normal that loot would be thrown over for better loot the longer you were out. There just wasn't animations showing this. I had no reason to believe this wasn't an intended part of sailing. It made sense to me.

IDK
Gl.

Are you sayaing that sailing loot now does not replace the loot pouches with higher loot at all? So, once you get like a certain amount of cargo you are completely done? Let's say, like 5 royal chests, 3 skull chests, 5 rare, 5 material and some pouches? Never to improve loot?

The bug was once something was replaced, you still got it when you went to port, lets say you have a royal chest, its gets replaced by a loot chest. Once you port you get the items form both even though the royal chest go replaced.

The bug was once something was replaced, you still got it when you went to port, lets say you have a royal chest, its gets replaced by a loot chest. Once you port you get the items form both even though the royal chest go replaced.
So, you are saying that once you receive max number of these types, you should not see any royals in the list? There is confusion what 'full' means yet in the game. If I had all those, I would not pick up any more royals? Or pouches at all? Meaning, you're full and you can't accept more loot?
  • Loot chests
  • Loot skull chests
  • Ship materials
  • Rare ship materials

Back