Release Notes 2018-2-16 tlopo-rc-v1.10.0

you are a very confusing person. The way it used to be was as you were looting and items get "replaced", they never really were gone you would ge tthe items when you port even if you are at 16/16. Now what gets replaced is actually lost.

you are a very confusing person. The way it used to be was as you were looting and items get "replaced", they never really were gone you would ge tthe items when you port even if you are at 16/16. Now what gets replaced is actually lost.
Thanks, and dense too.
I actually have a handle on sailing loot a bit. I was wondering out loud (type) if now that items were being eliminated correctly, if anything you get after max un-replaceable chests can be retained. I did see that you get to keep loot from boarded ships regardless. So maybe that's what is happening in some cases.

View attachment 100644 I have tried several times to get on the game and this is the screen I get before I am even on screen. I cannot log in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still does the same thing with my one pirate. The other three I have I can get on just not this one. It is the one I have been playing the most lately. So I am not sure why it is not letting me on this one. And before anyone says anything. I checked my email and I have not been banned on that pirate. I am an old lady and don't play those games.
I got my pirate back online ty ty ty People it pays to submit a report with log!!!!!

Well I spoke to soon... :( I have my pirate back but she doesn't have her raven's cove quest at all. I had finished the totem part so at least I have that. But the actual raven's cove quest is gone.

Update: I also sent a report to support and it bounced back to me so I don't know if the mail system is still messed up?

Last edited:
Bugfixes
  • Fixed the ship loot overflow bug.
I'm noticing a lot of people getting agitated over fixing this ship loot overflow bug, both on this thread and elsewhere.
Now you all know how I felt when Mood Rock was taken away (Although some shared my pain to an extent).
The developers tend to do these types of reductions from time to time, but overall they make pretty good progress with each update.
Still, the loss of Mood Rock is hard to justify, and not bringing back Mood Rock is even harder to give grounds for.
I'm personally happy that more people can empathize with a grandiose loss such as mine, bug fix-wise...

I'm noticing a lot of people getting agitated over fixing this ship loot overflow bug, both on this thread and elsewhere.
Now you all know how I felt when Mood Rock was taken away (Although some shared my pain to an extent).
The developers tend to do these types of reductions from time to time, but overall they make pretty good progress with each update.
Still, the loss of Mood Rock is hard to justify, and not bringing back Mood Rock is even harder to give grounds for.
I'm personally happy that more people can empathize with a grandiose loss such as mine, bug fix-wise...
how long have you kept this going

So apparently even after this update, I am still without a Raven's Cove storyline quest on my level 50 pirate and still have a quest in my journal that I've already completed and cannot advance with.

I seem to recall the "upgrade" feature was part of the POTCO sailing experience. It wasn't a bug. We enjoyed it and used sailing for much more than just to get materials. This is where our guild bonds, where we find new and interesting friends or recruit new guildmates, where we engage with one another while sorting loot and talking about the bright clothes and famed weapons we just acquired. Then we'd run out to do it again.... and again. The bug fix KILLED sailing and there is now ZERO chance to get db or brights from sailing with this "fix." The only true bug was being able to retrieve lost loot after sinking. I am sickened by this choice by our Devs. :(

smh

I agree, I'm very unhappy with this "fix." It has taken away so much of the fun in sailing, and I think its very unpiratey. It will take so much longer now to aquire the gold and materials needed for upgrades also. Which was already a grind.

it was a bug -_-

After taking it all in for several days as well as making an earnest effort to accept that "it was a bug" and removing it is for the betterment of our beloved TLOPO, one thing keeps coming to mind: Charles Goodyear's discovery of vulcanizing rubber.

Sometimes things that happen accidentally end up being the better path.

This "bug" was inherent to the game for so very long that it became a stable in the pirate community. Perhaps taking a less stern approach in this instance is the better path.

moodrocklives.png

I agree.

Has anyone else noticed that loot and skull loot chests no longer give as good loot? or nearly as much? also the bonus rewards for certain quests like ravens cove arent as good as before, such as the staff supposed to be a rare burnt staff, but now its just a normal 3 damage one

either way, ty devs for keeping this game going

After taking it all in for several days as well as making an earnest effort to accept that "it was a bug" and removing it is for the betterment of our beloved TLOPO, one thing keeps coming to mind: Charles Goodyear's discovery of vulcanizing rubber.

This "bug" was inherent to the game for so very long that it became a stable in the pirate community. Perhaps taking a less stern approach in this instance is the better path.
Well, I don't know about all this bug thing as I came on the new tlopo last year, so i have no experience with which to compare. Is it fair to compare tlopo to potco? Is the continuation of the game meant to be an exact duplicate of potco, or are the new dev's trying to give new experiences and improve on the Disney version while staying somewhat close to the original. Was there a absolute promise somewhere that tlopo was going to be the perfect copy of potco? Is that even possible with copyright issues in the first place.

That being said. If one is sailing, gets to a full cargo and then decide they don't want to go in yet, what would one expect, except or consider some sort of result of sinking after full cargo? Should there be a payoff for sinking after full? Should you be forced to end your voyage to offload?

And in what division of a game should these answers be suggested? Game play or personal enjoyment thinking. If a game sets a play parameter that full means done, you must go in, then should the game have a concern or action for people that stay out? Does the game owe these people anything?

Was this loot thing really a bug? How can that be proven? As I've said before, it seems very logical to me that pirates would throw out junk from a ship and keep better things. I just thought this was a natural extension of that, just done automatically by the loot-cargo mechanism. The fact that there was a parameter about certain containers can't get replaced shows me that something else was getting replaced and it was a standard function. Some people are saying it was a bug anything got replaced at all. That's wrong to me. If there is a bug, it's like someone said, things weren't getting subtracted when they were to be dropped.

So, I believe we're supposed to replace containers til only the number allowed exists.
But I favor some sort of loot if one chooses to stay out beyond their capacity. Perhaps none container payoffs or something. Like gold and jewels from the quartermasters office or something, basically just monetary.

For me, the "bug fix" has been a major monetary hit. I can still do well with mats, though maybe not as well as before the "fix." (Too many drivers do not understand the new loot filling process - they quit way too soon.) But if you do fill up with all the mats you can get now, you get basically no gold, and no refills on cannon ammo. So I actually lose money since I have to go to a gun shop and refill. There is also a large degradation in the amount and value of weapons and clothes awarded.

I suggest some kind of rework. Something that gives some gold, more good weapons, more worthwhile clothes. It would not have to be what we had before, but it would be nice. I know, I can always go back to Tormenta and the caves on Padres, but I thought I was done with that. FWIW, I find farming a boss with a bunch of people to be really boring.

Back