Release Notes 2018-2-16 tlopo-rc-v1.10.0

I couldn't agree more with @Ornery Will. As a sailor it TLOPO, this really makes it more difficult to upgrade ships. Sure the loot "tossing" system is still present, but that means once you fill up on materials, you've dumped all of the cargo that had a monetary value. So, instead of porting with a full hold of materials, and 5k-10k (give or take) gold. Now, we just get materials. The argument "it doesn't take much longer to gain wealth" just doesn't hold up. Now, I have to do at least twice the voyages, to accumulate the necessary components for an upgrade, and upgrades were already one heck of a grind. Still can't say I support this change, but I don't think we'll be seeing anything to change it unfortunately.

Last edited:
This "bug" was even in POTCO and they never removed it. Maybe they looked at it like Lady Belleville that it actually helped the game. After all with the prices of ship upgrading it will take forever now to do much upgrading. Many have upgraded their ships with the "bug" and still considered it grinding. Just something to think about.
how it let you get more of it was considered a "Bug" of course they can always improve the loot system to be more giving keeping it how it was may have long term effects.

I couldn't agree more with @Ornery Will. As a sailor it TLOPO, this really makes it more difficult to upgrade ships. Sure the loot "tossing" system is still present, but that means once you fill up on materials, you've dumped all of the cargo that had a monetary value. So, instead of porting with a full hold of materials, and 5k-10k (give or take) gold. Now, we just get materials. The argument "it doesn't take much longer to gain wealth" just doesn't hold up. Now, I have to do at least twice the voyages, to accumulate the necessary components for an upgrade now, and upgrades were already one heck of a grind. Still can't say I support this change, but I don't think we'll be seeing anything to change it unfortunately.

Totally agree! The current scenario is not very pirate-y at all IMHO. If I were Jeanne de Belleville in 1325AD, I'm for darn certain going to keep the mats AND the treasure. We all know that the gold is paramount, the materials are a bonus.

I'm happy to give feedback.. I expect and understand the bugs. My only request is that SOMEONE acknowledge the bugs.. let us know something.. anything concerning the bugs that so many people are having a problem with. Not knowing and leaving us wondering is worse then all of it.

And we all want a game that is enjoyable for everyone.

Being in BETA means that the game is in development. The Devs expect us to give an honest synopsis of our game play. We are "testers." Therefore, my feedback on this thread is acceptable in the form of suggestion.

Chill, we're in BETA.
don’t burst a vessel

She's simply expressing her opinion on the newest update, and obviously, a lot of the people, (including her), are upset, and we're allowed to voice our opinions, that's what these threads are for. Move along if you don't have anything constructive to add.
He was expressing his opinion. There's no prerequisite it always has to be constructive.

That's not true. I want it all for myself. me me me ME. All the loot, all the legendary...ALL the iron
Everything.
And noone is allowed where I loot.
And I want the devs to fix all this junk NOW!!
by the time I go on tonight at 11PM I demand it's all working.

Or I'm gonna quit and take me bird with me.

You forgot you want your kick button for afkers, cause they are "ruining" your game play. =]

Back on topic, I agree communication from the devs would be nice. I mean I dont think it is much to ask for and it certainly don't take that much time to just throw out a post saying what bugs they are aware of and maybe an estimate of when certain bugs might be fixed. I have had a lot of issues with quest, dagger one broken for 3 days, put in my feedback, and tysvm was fixed today. But now the barrel part on the fort charles grenade quest is bugged. Me and my fiance did put in reports on those in game. Just be nice to know if they go through when we report bugs in game. Either way we just focus on leveling other weapons and been checking everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back