Release Notes 2018-2-5 tlopo-rc-v1.9.3

I've lost many items and high end noteriety levels due to roll backs and 30 haunted bones and famed and el patrons blade but if you play you play at a risk .... so be it ....

they didn't just out of the blue chose to roll back, like i said bigger things are happening behind the scenes, stuff we dont understand. You are prbly not the only one who has lost items in the rollback, if you looked at my earlier screenshot i can share in the pain. A better use of your time would be trying to loot those items back :D

Well obviously they have problems with it, but the timing they chose... I was having no issues, nor were any of my friends. And why a rollback? Why not just server fixes? Idek, I'd just hope they'd give my weapons back, waiting weeks to get something that's not even super good and being happy about it then having that crushed, dang. Ik it's just a game but in my life of playing POTCO and this game, I've only looted 3 Cursed famed plus those 2 which are now gone. Just great timing for everything, we'll see if I get any new cursed famed in the next week or 2 or month.

They did not choose the time to do the roll back. You might not have had any problems but others were losing quests. It appears that the data in the database was corrupted and they rolled back to the previous version that was not corrupted. The last time this happened they had to go back about a day and a half to get a solid version of the database. You are aware your playing a beta version of the game, right?

Beta phase generally means the software has most of its feature complete, but will likely contain a number of known or unknown bugs. This game fits that description. In this case, we likely were bitten by an unknown bug which corrupted data. Just so you know, I have a total of 6 pirates I have been playing since the game was put into public release. Since I returned to the game, I have had several of the weapon upgrade quests just disappear from my journal, one was never able to do the hollowed woods quest, and my highest level pirate can not teleport to Ravens Cove because I never was offered that quest and in the last roll back I lost gold, goods and notoriety in not 1 but 3 different pirates. If you cant roll with the issues of beta software maybe you should wait until the game is beyond more than mostly feature complete.

Last edited:
They did not choose the time to do the roll back. You might not have had any problems but others were losing quests. It appears that the data in the database was corrupted and they rolled back to the previous version that was not corrupted. The last time this happened they had to go back about a day and a half to get a solid version of the database. You are aware your playing a beta version of the game, right?

Beta phase generally means the software has most of its feature complete, but will likely contain a number of known or unknown bugs. This game fits that description. In this case, we likely were bitten by an unknown bug which corrupted data. Just so you know, I have a total of 6 pirates I have been playing since the game was put into public release. Since I returned to the game, I have had several of the weapon upgrade quests just disappear from my journal, one was never able to do the hollowed woods quest, and my highest level pirate can not teleport to Ravens Cove because I never was offered that quest and in the last roll back I lost gold, goods and notoriety in not 1 but 3 different pirates. If you cant roll with the issues of beta software maybe you should wait until the game is beyond more than mostly feature complete.
Okay, whilst I agree with you, 100%, I would like to point a couple things out. First off, this isn't the first time we've had serious problems with quests disappearing. Actually, it's happened several times, and one of the (if not, THE) most recent occurrences, resulted in a small rollback, causing pirates to lose levels, loot, etc. Now, the point I'm trying to get to, is, I believe rollbacks, should be used as a last resort (which to my knowledge, they are) and if you rollback, you need to step back, and try to use that data to permanently fix the issue. What frustrates me most about this rollback, isn't that I lost 4 cursed blades, or 3 weapon levels (I'm sometimes a late night player), while those things really bum me out, I'm more irritated that we've had TWO rollbacks, to combat ONE issue. I just cross my fingers and hope that THIS rollback, is the last one we face regarding quest losses. I accept rollbacks are a part of beta games, and it's to be expected. What I'm not a fan of, is having more than one rollback, to fix one issue. It pushes me away from playing the game, I lose my desire to log in, when there are bugs running rampant. Just my 2 cents. R.I.P. my 4 cursed blades, and weapon levels, you will be sorely missed. Hopefully they've finally found the problem, and can put a permanent fix into place.

Okay, whilst I agree with you, 100%, I would like to point a couple things out. First off, this isn't the first time we've had serious problems with quests disappearing. Actually, it's happened several times, and one of the (if not, THE) most recent occurrences, resulted in a small rollback, causing pirates to lose levels, loot, etc. Now, the point I'm trying to get to, is, I believe rollbacks, should be used as a last resort (which to my knowledge, they are) and if you rollback, you need to step back, and try to use that data to permanently fix the issue. What frustrates me most about this rollback, isn't that I lost 4 cursed blades, or 3 weapon levels (I'm sometimes a late night player), while those things really bum me out, I'm more irritated that we've had TWO rollbacks, to combat ONE issue. I just cross my fingers and hope that THIS rollback, is the last one we face regarding quest losses. I accept rollbacks are a part of beta games, and it's to be expected. What I'm not a fan of, is having more than one rollback, to fix one issue. It pushes me away from playing the game, I lose my desire to log in, when there are bugs running rampant. Just my 2 cents. R.I.P. my 4 cursed blades, and weapon levels, you will be sorely missed. Hopefully they've finally found the problem, and can put a permanent fix into place.

Here is what they posted on Facebook a little while ago.

In the spirit of transparency, we feel that it would be best to make a public statement regarding the issues players were experiencing on our servers today.

Starting at 7:09AM, all operations on the server, such as a character creations, failed to be written to the database. This issue was caused by a bug in the database software we use, and a patch has recently became available.

However, it is worth mentioning that this issue is incredibly uncommon - in fact, we've only ever experienced this issue twice. And when this issue occurs, it usually is able to be fixed with a simple rollback, typically only resulting in a few hours of lost progress.

This is the exact same issue that we experienced one month ago. Considering this is now the second time we've seen this, we have labeled this as a critical priority. We will be working to implement this patch into our servers, and it will be included in an update in the very near future.

As a result of this issue, we had to roll back the database to midnight on February 7th at midnight EST. This has resulted in approx. 12 hours of lost progress. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As a side note, this issue is not related to our recent invasions update.

So it would appear it was the same problem as last time and appears that they are placing the issue in high priority for repair

Here is what they posted on Facebook a little while ago.

In the spirit of transparency, we feel that it would be best to make a public statement regarding the issues players were experiencing on our servers today.

Starting at 7:09AM, all operations on the server, such as a character creations, failed to be written to the database. This issue was caused by a bug in the database software we use, and a patch has recently became available.

However, it is worth mentioning that this issue is incredibly uncommon - in fact, we've only ever experienced this issue twice. And when this issue occurs, it usually is able to be fixed with a simple rollback, typically only resulting in a few hours of lost progress.

This is the exact same issue that we experienced one month ago. Considering this is now the second time we've seen this, we have labeled this as a critical priority. We will be working to implement this patch into our servers, and it will be included in an update in the very near future.

As a result of this issue, we had to roll back the database to midnight on February 7th at midnight EST. This has resulted in approx. 12 hours of lost progress. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As a side note, this issue is not related to our recent invasions update.

So it would appear it was the same problem as last time and appears that they are placing the issue in high priority for repair
Very glad to hear that, I'm glad they're diverting more focus to fixing this particular issue. While I wish that there was no rollback, I do support the devs, and respect their work, and work ethic. Thanks for sharing the info, it's certainly a bright side, to an unfortunate situation.

Yeah, I know there ar emany things and it's beta and all.
Very glad to hear that, I'm glad they're diverting more focus to fixing this particular issue. While I wish that there was no rollback, I do support the devs, and respect their work, and work ethic. Thanks for sharing the info, it's certainly a bright side, to an unfortunate situation.

There you go, what you said then and now, that's it exactly, you know both my frustration and love for the game.

I really wish the rollbacks were never a thing but I get that we need them for dire situations, but this problem should only have to be fixed once. I love this game so much that I wish no one would experience these issues, or even losses in game, quest or loot wise. The only reason I got real upset was because it took me 2 weeks to get another famed cursed, they should not be that rare to come by, in Tormenta and Raven's they should be a little more common than normal famed, I mean by 1, 2, or 3%, not by 10, 15, or 20% obviously. Ever since the release of it yes being Mastered, it shouldn't take that long to get another or 2. I only have a Dread Spike looted so it really sucks to loose em, 1 month and only 1 for the hours if not days spent looting there. That's the only thing I was upset about and apparently no one understands, I know it's in Beta but wow. I'm off to try and loot a ton more again and see what happens.

Woop de doo! Add insult to injury I say... :/ Now I have a dupe Spinecrest, woo hoo...

Attachments

• Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    4.8 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    4.8 MB · Views: 81
Back