Release Notes 2018-3-23 tlopo-rc-v1.11.8

PSA
  • We have updated cargo drops for ships! They should now be close to how it was back in the original game. You won't have overflow like in TLOPO previously, but you will still keep your gold and retain the proper amount of loot or skull chests that can fit in your ship's cargo hold.
    • Please note that ship cargo is NOT sailing loot. These are two entirely different systems. Your loot drops will not be affected in any way by this update.
Features
  • Added a custom music track for Hollowed Woods. Since players won't be able to enter the area until Halloween, we recommend that you look up our old alpha 2015 Halloween track if you're curious about how it sounds. It's very similar.
  • Added the final loading screen for Forsaken Shallows in preparation for its release tomorrow!
  • Barbossa's Grotto now has a minimap.
Bugfixes
  • Edited textures for the male Military Commander coat and several upcoming Peddler items.
  • Fixed a district reset with the Black Pearl Boss Battle.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Governor's Garden to load the Pillager's Pass minimap.
  • Fixed issue that caused the female Sea Serpent coat to use the wrong coat model. This should make the texture look less weird.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to search for animations that didn't exist over and over again every time a Davy Jones enemy appeared on screen. This caused a massive amount of lag in Cursed Caverns (and the testing phases of Forsaken Shallows).
  • Fixed an issue that caused the loading screens for Hollowed Woods and Raven's Cove to display incorrect pictures when using the classic style loading screen.
  • Fixed several issues with flagships.
  • Slightly lowered enemy aggression so players won't be ganged up by 10+ enemies at once.
  • Updated cargo drops for ships to reflect how they were rewarded in the original game.
Maintenance
  • Code cleanup.
  • Changed date ranges for some upcoming holidays.
  • Localizer typo/grammar fixes.
Known Issues
  • Attacking the Queen Anne's Revenge may cause a player's ship to lock people out, preventing them from boarding it.
  • Enemies on EITC Barracuda flagships fall through the deck of the ship. This may prevent you from defeating them and may trap you on the ship. We recommend avoiding them for now.
  • There are still several problems with the Black Pearl Boss Battle. Not every player will deal damage using cannons and rewards are not properly distributed at the end of the encounter.

I still do not have the Raven’s Cove Story Quest on my level 50 pirate. Maybe this could be added to the “known issues”? Been asking for months about it since it’s kept me from progressing in the story as well as from looting cursed weapons, making me not really want to play. Seems like the devs are either unaware, unconcerned, or just forgot.

Last edited:
I still do not have the Raven’s Cove Story Quest on my level 50 pirate. Maybe this could be added to the “known issues”? Been asking for months about it since it’s kept me from progressing in the story as well as from looting cursed weapons, making me not really want to play. Seems like the devs are either unaware, unconcerned, or just forgot.
I just heard from tlopo the other day. They said they still don't have a fix for this. I got the quest but lost it in an update. I agree that it should be added as a known issue. Also I know several that are missing their black pearl quests also because they lost it during updates. Both should be added.

PSA
  • We have updated cargo drops for ships! They should now be close to how it was back in the original game. You won't have overflow like in TLOPO previously, but you will still keep your gold and retain the proper amount of loot or skull chests that can fit in your ship's cargo hold.
    • Please note that ship cargo is NOT sailing loot. These are two entirely different systems. Your loot drops will not be affected in any way by this update.
Features
  • Added a custom music track for Hollowed Woods. Since players won't be able to enter the area until Halloween, we recommend that you look up our old alpha 2015 Halloween track if you're curious about how it sounds. It's very similar.
  • Added the final loading screen for Forsaken Shallows in preparation for its release tomorrow!
  • Barbossa's Grotto now has a minimap.
Bugfixes
  • Edited textures for the male Military Commander coat and several upcoming Peddler items.
  • Fixed a district reset with the Black Pearl Boss Battle.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Governor's Garden to load the Pillager's Pass minimap.
  • Fixed issue that caused the female Sea Serpent coat to use the wrong coat model. This should make the texture look less weird.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to search for animations that didn't exist over and over again every time a Davy Jones enemy appeared on screen. This caused a massive amount of lag in Cursed Caverns (and the testing phases of Forsaken Shallows).
  • Fixed an issue that caused the loading screens for Hollowed Woods and Raven's Cove to display incorrect pictures when using the classic style loading screen.
  • Fixed several issues with flagships.
  • Slightly lowered enemy aggression so players won't be ganged up by 10+ enemies at once.
  • Updated cargo drops for ships to reflect how they were rewarded in the original game.
Maintenance
  • Code cleanup.
  • Changed date ranges for some upcoming holidays.
  • Localizer typo/grammar fixes.
Known Issues
  • Attacking the Queen Anne's Revenge may cause a player's ship to lock people out, preventing them from boarding it.
  • Enemies on EITC Barracuda flagships fall through the deck of the ship. This may prevent you from defeating them and may trap you on the ship. We recommend avoiding them for now.
  • There are still several problems with the Black Pearl Boss Battle. Not every player will deal damage using cannons and rewards are not properly distributed at the end of the encounter.

• Sailing is fixed yay! but started to crash again...
I crashed nearly 10 times today when Sailing! :/
  • QAR is still broken can't even board it...
but nice Update! ;)

• Sailing is fixed yay! but started to crash again...
I crashed nearly 10 times today when Sailing! :/
  • QAR is still broken can't even board it...
but nice Update! ;)
The QAR does and always has worked as long as you are the only ship to attack it. This means you can't expect to do it on Abassa. Every time I've attacked it on Abassa it has glitched, on quiet servers I've only had it glitch once when no other ships were around. I expect that someone had attacked it and left the area before I got there. I also think, am fairly certain, that if you attack and then let it get out of range so that it repairs itself it will also glitch.

The QAR does and always has worked as long as you are the only ship to attack it. This means you can't expect to do it on Abassa. Every time I've attacked it on Abassa it has glitched, on quiet servers I've only had it glitch once when no other ships were around. I expect that someone had attacked it and left the area before I got there. I also think, am fairly certain, that if you attack and then let it get out of range so that it repairs itself it will also glitch.

That is true Eric but I wasn't in Abassa but in cortos :p

Back