Release Notes 2018-5-21 tlopo-rc-v1.14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Features
  • Added more tunes to musicians. Head on over to the taverns and check them out (there are 23 of them to be exact)!
Bugfixes
  • Fixed an issue causing avatars to appear offline/have no location/have no name.
  • Fixed an issue causing doll healing skills not to work properly.
  • Fixed a district reset with jails.
  • Fixed a district reset with PVP and teleporting.
  • Fixed several bugs with invasions.
Maintenance
  • Code cleanup.
  • Localizer tweaks.
  • Simplified log files. They will no longer be cluttered with unimportant information.
  • Whitelist/blacklist updates.

the main focus again shouldnt be easy fixes but a fix so we can finish ravens cove so i can farm cursed weapons witch is unfair that i cannot while others gain the upper up hand because your to lazy to fix it right away this is not a little issue theres a list for crying out

the main focus again shouldnt be easy fixes but a fix so we can finish ravens cove so i can farm cursed weapons witch is unfair that i cannot while others gain the upper up hand because your to lazy to fix it right away this is not a little issue theres a list for crying out
Chill

That was probably a little harsh I would think. I believe tlopo has people working different areas of the game. And you've probably read it on the forums many times that the people working on this game are PEOPLE with lives like you.
I'm sure you're frustrated, so am I, but at the game, not people trying to make it work. I don't believe you meant that as it read, but probably because of the inability to finish the raven quest is just making you a little short of patience. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the newer shallows is dependent on the raven quest for any loot. If I'm correct, perhaps you should give the raven a break and go take it out of Jimmy legs or the grenade guy. You'll feel better. And maybe get a legendary.

GL.

i shouldnt be waiting 3 months to finish a quest line so i am going to be harsh
You have a point, however, again it's a beta and gets worked on whenever possible I would imagine. Also, no one said anything about time tables so it's probably not fair or appropriate to be feeling it's due you. Did you find out about shallows. I haven't had the time to check on what I said. Try not to let something not in your control ruin your enjoyment.
GL

its due to that theres a list of people who cant get cursed weapons i am fighting not just for myself but everyone

its due to that theres a list of people who cant get cursed weapons i am fighting not just for myself but everyone
Well, we all know you're not alone. And I didn't think you were just concerned about yourself. Lots of people in the same ship.
You and I aren't here to fight the very people doing all the work, we're here to help them by reporting the problems, no matter how redundant it all seems.
We are not going to be very productive lashing out at the very people making this work this well to this point so far. I also feel you've been playing potco before tlopo and you should know potco was a mishmash of a advertising gimmick masquerading as a complete adventure game.
And like many people are disappointed that tlopo wasn't instantly finished or whatever. That's not how the real world works, or with people doing this for free on their own time. Perhaps that will change, but I believe that's all we got right now.

Disney never got this game to it's full potential, and a handful of people, on their own are trying to make it better and a complete game. That alone is pretty amazing. They also allowed us to come along for FREE! If they ever get this game complete and prime time, I would gladly pay for it.

Try to loosen up on your demands and turn your energy around for positive. Lets see a cool avatar by your name or something.
BTW, no disrespect intended at all, but if you say you're fighting for other people, and your cause is not just, no one will stand by your side and you will fight alone.

We may loot and sail and fight Jolly Roger alone, but we don't make this game a success alone.
Join the crew.

GL.

in case you havent looked there have been post for work around's as well the devs are always working on improving the game and making sure it stays stabilized so we can continue to play it with out having as many issues. its unfair to assume they are not working on it in the thousands of lines of code it takes for a certain island. sure its been some time but look around on the forums and you will find ways to work around the bug you are facing.

thats not what im saying at all my friend look deeper into forums post and search for your answer it is there your not the only one who is having these issues but i can assure you there are work around's

im sorry to say but you didnt try very hard looking here listed below are several links to post that give advice on getting around the problem you are facing
there may have been nothing the last time you looked but you should look more often.
https://piratesforums.co/posts/339560/
https://piratesforums.co/posts/339556/
https://piratesforums.co/posts/339555/
https://piratesforums.co/posts/339553/
https://piratesforums.co/posts/339552/
https://piratesforums.co/posts/339551/
https://piratesforums.co/posts/339550/
https://piratesforums.co/posts/338420/

Yeah, I'm regrettably in the same boat. Level 50, never received RC quest. I've asked support about it multiple times, doesn't seem to be much progress, specifically because of the nature of the bug. It's hard to replicate, so it's hard to fix. I pretty much stopped playing because of it - I considered leveling up to 30 again, but got to like 23 and got tired of it. Oh well, hopefully it gets fixed eventually. That's just the nature of things.

i did theres no post on it sadly
Here's something new.

"There is, read my edited update. 1st message here. I'll repost it here also.
The same thing happened to a guildmate. First have high level peep heal you. Find someone else who needs to defeat kudgel. We did this 2 times. One was on anbassa waited in the caves until we found someone doing tge rc quest. In exchange to help him. We were able to fight kudgel after he finished getting the south idol and talked to Dr Bellrog. That Activate s kudgel.. keep swinging sword. Fighting do not run away, or hit escape key. And hopefully don't dc. it doesn't look as your damaging him, but stay on it. It will work. Takes time. It worked for me and guildmate."

Granted, there are still many issues needing to be dealt with in game. However, there are a few reminders I tell myself when I run into issues (aside from sending feedback or emailing support).
  • The game is, technically, currently still in beta.
  • The folks that brought it back to us really didn't have to share but they did, likely knowing the heat they would receive from some.
  • The game is free.

then you dont understand my issue it doesnt show up peried so i cant track it to do it
I'm not sure, but I've seen other people do this too, and what they do is just go to that area and wait for someone else to be doing it. Even though it's not on your list, which is part of the glitch, apparently you can attack as well and then it registers somehow. The keys is if you see him with the sword and moving AND you see your damage numbers come up when you hit. If not, then it isn't taking. But I know people who did it that way and nothing was showing anywhere in their journal. Lots of quests are buggy with this beta at any time. Also the crazy guy is bugged and people have worked it out with relogs, sailing to another island and tp back. It's all about forcing data around in different orders to sometime wake it up.

Matter of fact, I have done this type of thing quite a few times when quests went missing. I just went to where I would have supposed to be and piggy backed on another pirates fighting the enemy. Then either it shows up then or almost always on a log out back in.

again i will reiterate what i posted above miafff if you bothered to look at any of the links provided you would have found some sort of helpful information to get past what you are stuck on. if you are not going to bother clicking on what has been provided as well as looking into things like this that has been posted for some time please dont complain about not being able to move forward when people are trying to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back