Release Notes 2019-11-14: tlopo-rc-v1.23.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crew

TLOPO Staff
2019-11-14: tlopo-rc-v1.23.0

Announcements

• Well, HELLO there, everybody! It's Mr. Dev. Just wanted to say thanks for your patience during our extended downtime. (Please don't hurt me.)
    • So... why were we down so long? Essentially, we were moving all of our core services, both for the game and our website, over to a new server.
    • We were preparing for this over the past week to make sure everything would go as smoothly as possible, but unfortunately, unforeseen circumstances do arise, and the game had to be down for longer than expected.
    • We've seen a variety of reactions to the downtime, from grouchy, to antsy, to happy. (Yes, happy. Some looters want a break, you know!)
    • So, what else is new? Some stuff! That's what! I know. Very descriptive. Just read below. Or don't. It's not like I spent a ton of time on any of these changes or anything. Psh. I don't care...
Optimizations

• Fixed a client memory leak with the acid damage effect.
  • Fixed a ton of lag in the Hollowed Woods Town Hall.
  • Potentially fixed the really annoying flashing effects that'd occur in the Hollowed Woods Town Hall.
  • Reduced the number of excessive task calls in-game. This is essentially the game spending time updating a bunch of things every single frame.
    • Translation: Slow things go bye-bye.
  • Optimized how skills are handled on the back-end.
Bugfixes

• Fixed the Hollowed Woods ambient sound effects not cleaning up properly when exiting the area.
    • Oh? What's that? You WANT the Watcher SCREAMING into your headphones every five minutes? Great! Lemme just revert this change real quick.
  • Fixed a district reset with the chat filter.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented effects, such as knockdowns or the red hit marker, from appearing in PvP when struck.
  • Fixed an ancient POTCO issue where ocean zone names wouldn't show up on the world map.
    • You should now properly see the areas like "Boiling Bay" or "The Hinterseas."
  • Fixed a teleportation district reset related to ocean areas.
  • Fixed a bug where tunnel markers in caves wouldn't show up on the minimap.
    • Another ancient POTCO bug bites the dust!
    • Not like it matters, but the tunnel markers WOULD show up previously if you teleported into the cave either to a friend or if you're a moderator CREEPIN' in on some "antics."
Door Bugfixes

• Hi. Don't judge me for this section. It was an entire mini-project, and instead of getting it muddled in with all the other notes, I wanted to separate it so you can read more easily.
  • Fixed a bug where back doors to the taverns on Cuba and the SvS isles wouldn't work.
  • Fixed a bug where you could walk through the door on the second floor of the Decrepit Shop in Hollowed Woods.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to enter into a building from a back door, when the interior didn't have a back door.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to exit a building from a back door, when the exterior didn't have a back door.
  • Fixed a bug where the following buildings had multiple selectable entrance/exit doors, when they shouldn't have:
    • Anton Levy Smithery, Cesar's Barbershop, Clubheart Tavern, Doc Grog's, Dolores Tailoring Shoppe, Faithful Bride, Fantifico's Manor, Ferrera's Blacksmith Shop, Goslin Prymme's, King's Arm, Patricio's Potions, Ratskellar, Rowdy Rooster, Royal Anchor, Seamstress Anne's Shop, Skull's Thunder, Threadbarren's Tailor Shop, Yuletide Manor
  • Fixed a Disney bug where entering through the back door of Porc's Tavern would place you at the front door of the interior, and vice versa.
  • Removed the faux back door model from inside the following taverns:
    • Faithful Bride, King's Arm, Rowdy Rooster, Ratskellar, Goslin Prymme's
Maintenance & Tweaks

• Fixed a typo in the Hollowed Woods quest.
  • Code cleanup.
  • Tweaked the fade in transition/effect on the pirate selection screen.
  • Changed the little button you click to select which badge you display next to your name. It is now a dot instead of a coin.
    • This is of basically no consequence, but I, Mr. Dev HAD to change it. That UGLY coin has BOTHERED me since I was but a wee pirate back in 2011.
    • The change only took five seconds. Please don't devour me. (Or maybe do. I'd love to be free of this prison that is known as POTCO client code.)
  • The loading screen should now properly go to 100% when loading into the Avatar Chooser and onto an island.
  • Per feedback on the forums, Stocking Caps (with the exception of Dyeable Cotton Stocking Cap) are now only lootable during the Winter Festival.
    • Thanks for working with me on this, guys! Hope to continue this trend in the future.
    • So yeah, please come to the forums and offer your feedback! And maybe if enough folks come I'll give out a redeem code! And I TOTALLY promise it won't be a Rusty Cutlass. Swear.
  • Reworked how holidays that go from the end of one year into another function. This should affect: Winter Festival, New Year's Eve, Winter Mystic outfit, Sea Wolf outfit. There's no way to test this ahead of time so yaaay. In theory, should work.
    • Yeah, Sea Wolf is the new December outfit. OOOOH spoilers! Mr. Dev is gonna get fired.
    • Also, it's ugly. It's trash. Hear that, Sea Slasher? GET TO WORK! Mr. Dev DEMANDS it! :mad:
  • Tunnel connectors now have collisions. For example, you'll now run ON the ramp instead of THROUGH the ramp when going into Pantano River on Cuba.
Prop Tweaks

• Fix the clipping mine cart in Hollowed Woods.
    • You're welcome, you-know-who. ;)
  • Removed the floating ribbons that'd appear in King's Arm during the Winter Festival.
  • La Bodeguita on Cuba now appropriately has a tavern sign outside its door.
    • You're welcome again, different you-know-who. ;)
  • Fixed a bug where tavern background music would play in the Clubheart Tavern on Raven's Cove.
  • Restructured how tavern music works on the back-end, allowing more functionality later and AAAAA.
    • Venting time. This has taken me a good HOUR to write! Wanna know why?
    • "Mr. Dev! I want a boat!" x 13 times. :mad:
    • NO, STEPHEN! No BOAT for you! I'm BUSY writing release notes!
Known Issues

• So, the Tutorial is being a meanie. We had to ban it. Its time out hopefully won't last too long. Until it has learned its lesson, you'll be teleported straight to Port Royal after finishing pirate creation.

View this release on the TLOPO website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back