2080 and tlopo wont really mix?

thill199

Swashbuckler
any time "some effect" fills up the entire screen i get the exoskeletons of everything in the area, not sure what causes this never had it happen on my old gpu. upgraded to a 2080 and boom this happens LOL.

tlopo_2019-10-12_11-02-08.jpgtlopo_2019-10-12_11-00-35.jpgtlopo_2019-10-12_11-00-08.jpgtlopo_2019-10-12_10-59-47.jpg

Are you running the latest NVIDIA driver? I'd try updating that first. If the issue still remains, you may need to tweak your 3D settings in the NVIDIA control panel.
John, this has been going on since last year and I even made mention of it over time. I've done everything you suggest and then some with my system and it never has changed. I won't touch anything on my system any more to try to get tlopo to work right. It's not my system, never has been my system. It's not our drivers or cards on any machine newer than 2 years. It has to do with whatever tlopo is running on their engines. And it almost always shows up with multiple toons on the same screen.
And suggesting 3d tweaks should not be a blanket statement. I think adding little more to that statement would be appreciated.

Most if not all people who play even causally any video game would probably already have drivers up to date.
The suggested way preferred by most gamers if a particular game is being stubborn, is uninstall the game of interest, update graphic card drivers, reinstall game and then the game most often sets it's own new prefs, at least most games do. Because, it's possible depending on your systems drives and such, a game won't find the proper installation paths and cause all sorts of issues that are tough to track down.

In short, personally, I would only suggest checking drivers if they're not recent and do that pain in the butt routine and nothing else on your personal computer to be tweaked. If the computer is working fine, then install a 3rd party program and the program doesn't run well, one does not change all manners of things on their own system to make that new program run. That's up to that 3rd party to make it work with a vanilla system per OS. All tweaks people try should be non destructive and completely reversible.

I get that it's a 64bit installer, soon to be 64bit game, but if I have a modern 64bit system with better than minimum specs, then I believe I shouldn't have to adjust my computer to run a 3rd party program.

I think tlopo has done an amazing job of keeping tlopo working on windows and even mac so don't get me wrong that it's a personal issue with tlopo. It's not.

Back