23/23 Legendary Weapons

Nate Dreadshot

Wanted Pirate
Just thought I'd make a post with some info and answering a few questions people may have/have asked me about my journey to 23 legendaries.

I got all 23 on a single account, which I believe is the first unless someone is holding out on us. No, it was not on one pirate, people seem to hold that piece of information very highly. Mine is spread out among 5 pirates on one account. It's important to understand that I did not care about getting all the legendaries until I was at about 16, so it's not like my entire goal was to get them on one pirate. My main pirate is Nate Dreadshot. While farming Remington nearly two years ago I wouldn't let myself go anywhere else til I got Mercer's Pistol but decided if I created another pirate then it would be okay for me to use that as kind of a break pirate to go do whatever since I was starting to miss other places and parts of the game. So I made Vlad Dracula, slightly different weapon skills unlocked to keep him from ever becoming "better" than my main and becoming my main. Then I wanted a "voodoo pirate", a pirate that would have only sword, doll, and staff unlocked (as far as weapons go) so that I would have to rely on voodoo weapons more heavily on that pirate, just for fun because I was sick of having and using the same 5 weapons for damage plus I like staff a lot. My voodoo pirate is Polte R. Geist. Then I created one more while I was still farming rem, one that I didn't have to talk to anyone on and I could just kinda chill and step back with, which is named Silence. I made her kind of assassin themed, unlocking gun, dagger, and later grenade. I also was thinking that these weapon unlocks could help me get Dark Whisper (once HW came out and they added DW, which was right after I made her). Then my final pirate is Pharoahe Conch. I made him for farming normal enemies to get a old legendary cursed weapon, any, I didn't care at that point but none of my pirates had grenade unlocked except Silence, whom I didn't have sword or Raven's Cove quests done on and didn't want to change. I leveled him 0-50 in just under 2 weeks using a repeater, and discovered along the way that I could kill several more than 4 enemies per spawn rate that way, and had found Gold Room extremely boring so never used gold room again looting for old legendaries. At the point when I created Pharoahe, I had no old legendary cursed weapons despite all my time killing side ghosts at Cicatriz (it was a lot), and literally just wanted one. Over time with each of these pirates I wanted to give myself a reason to like them all and enjoy being on all of them so decided to get certain legendaries on each one (which some but definitely not all, were aided by their skill unlock differences (how does a voodoo pirate help get Calypso? or Onyx for that matter especially when he doesn't have a high damaging weapon like gun (I just wanted to match his black))), that way I could also have more fun than if they were all on one where I'd more likely just spend all my time using my absolute favorite(s) of the 23, and leaving the rest in inventory forever. Long introduction but I get asked about this stuff a lot so thought I'd write it out in detail.

Each Pirate and Their Weapons

Nate Dreadshot
Screenshot (2464).png
Mercer's Pistol
The Ruby Curse
Krakenslayer
Soul's Shadow
World Eater Blade
Silver Freeze x9
Lost Sword of El Patron x2
---
Vlad Dracula
Screenshot (2465).png
Mercer's Pistol
The Sapphire Curse
Lost Blade of Leviathan
Devil's Claw
Silver Freeze x5
Lost Sword of El Patron x3
---
Polte R. Geist
Screenshot (2466).png
Soulweaver
The Onyx Curse
Calypso's Radiance
Jack Sparrow's Blade
Lost Sword of El Patron x4
---
Silence
Screenshot (2467).png
Mercer's Pistol
Dark Whisper
The Storm Sphere
Silver Freeze
---
Pharoahe Conch
Screenshot (2468).png
Beckett's Pistol
The Emerald Curse
Blade of the Abyss x2
Thunderspine Sword x3
Behemoth Blade
Cursed Blade of Yore
Lost Sword of El Patron

Here's video showing all of this

Random points of interest:

• My very first 6 legendaries were Silver Freeze, Sf, SF, Silver Freeze, sf, and SF. If you're getting down on a streak just remember it happens, I started with one.
  • My favorite is The Ruby Curse, because it's beautiful, unique in color and rarity among other legendaries, and also because it was the one I worked the hardest for. Other favorites include Mercer's Pistol, Dark Whisper, Krakenslayer, WEB, it goes on but that's the start of it.
  • The ones I hate the most are Devil's Claw, Storm Sphere's mechanics annoys me except for making a loud noise is fun, don't care much for JSB, Yore, and honestly I don't like Thunderspine very much either, never liked the design and it is underwhelming to me. Not much for cutlasses, tho there's some I like.
  • Most hated grinds were Devil's Claw, Calypso's Radiance.
  • I actually kind of hate Mercer's Pistol now because of how Feint works, it's a big deal unless you spend all your time in groups at bosses, and would not recommend anyone to farm it over Beckett's Pistol.
  • More advice is just farm for what you want the most, then if you get close to having all of the weapons go for it if you want, but starting out with that goal is gonna kill you.
  • Also understanding your odds, and planning on the worst ones possible. for example farming for Thunderspine (or any specific old LC) is better thought of as farming for 4-5 legendary cursed drops, and don't expect it until you get to that point then you can start hoping.
  • How to not get down when everyone (seemingly) around you is getting stuff but not you. It's a single player game with other players. Their loot has nothing to do with yours, who cares what they get good for them but you are on your own track.
  • There's only so much you can control, my strategy was just racking up as many efficient hours/kills/numbers as possible. Which sounds obvious but really, how else you gonna force a weapon to drop, by crying about it and getting down and burning out? It'll come eventually if you keep pushing, it has no other choice, trust me I know how high the numbers have to be sometimes.
  • I got 22/23 of my legendary weapons in a 9 month period. The other being Sapphire 5 months earlier.
  • Most farmed bosses are Cicatriz (2 sf 1 pat 1 ruby) and Remington (11 drops, 3 being mercer's). Cicatriz was mostly solo or with one other person and took me over a year to obtain. I'd estimate at minimum 800 hours at Cicatriz, and nearly as many at Remington. My first Mercer's drop was mostly solo or with one friend as well and took me about 450 hours (5th drop), the next was maybe 90+ (1st drop) and the last was maybe 175+ (4th drop)
  • I don't know for sure where my first two legendaries (sf) came from, almost completely certain the second was from remington but wish I knew the first. Wasn't taking screenshots at the time.
  • Fastest drop was Storm Sphere in a couple hours, pretty sure I was second to get it. Those drop rates were and still are I believe, wack.
  • Funniest drops were soloing sf out of foulberto in 3 kills, and getting people to join me at cangrejos to get a legendary from Jacques, then getting sf in 15 mins.
  • Best streaks were all 5 Hollowed Woods weapons last season October-Nov or whenever that started, no repeats. And WEB/pat an hr and half apart are my closest I believe, and krakenslayer the next day. striker/abyss/yore in 4 days. emerald/levi/cal/sf one dbl loot. 2 Tspine back to back days, Abyss a day or two before, last dbl loot
  • Favorite Bosses: Jacques Le Blanc, I hate Cicatriz but also love her, wish her side ghosts weren't grey now.
  • Fishing legendaries: 0. Sailing legendaries: 1 I believe, at most 2.
  • Every single one of my old Legendary Cursed drops were in Forsaken Shallows. GR drops: 1 sf while lvling nades on a pirate I didn't have anything else possible to drop.
  • I've never used an alternate account to aid me in my looting.
  • I never got a legendary weapon from a chest, only skull chest.
  • Solo drops: Ruby, Mercer's #1, Cal, JSB, and lots and lots of sf/pat. My only boss' side enemy drop is: WEB, while farming Koko
  • Server switching is a waste of time. If it makes you feel better go for it though.
  • No there is no secret gypsy trick to increase your loot chances. Although.. Vampira seems to be good luck, she's called out several of my legendaries and since I met her that's when the 9 month / 22 diff legends streak started.
  • Must have your weapon level within 5 of the minimum to use of the target weapon, to be able to loot it, and any other quests required.
  • What to do when looting gets hard and you want to quit: option 1 quit and not get anything, option 2 keep going and have a chance....
  • "What's next? Are you gonna try to go for all on one pirate?" HECK to the NO. I have no desire to do that. Look I got them all, and have them spread nicely across my pirates, why do I need them all on one. I'll be chillin, and playin some other games too.
  • How long in hours did it take: I haven't kept track but I estimate over 3k.
  • Do you count skulls/famed/anything. No. I would often time different ways to get the job done to find the most efficient ways tho.
  • A long time ago I just wanted SF, Ruby, Mercer's, Dark Whisper, and maybe Krakenslayer.
Super long post, just thought I'd gather some thoughts over the journey, feel free to ask questions if I missed anything. Hope you read something of interest.

Last edited:
Back