Workaround 30% Not Responding - Workarounds

Misha

Site Founder
While I am not particularly sure what's causing this bug, referring to @lizzie's post found here, I will be describing both the issue, as well as some possible workarounds that have worked for me today.

Bug & Replication
The current form of the bug that I and others have been experiencing seem to be as follows:

Upon entering your credentials and logging into the game, the game will open the window and will begin loading, until 30% of the bar has been filled.

Upon reaching 30%, the game will either..
A. Crash and close completely back to the launcher.
B. Begin the Not Responding process, and will eventually close to the launcher.

Temporary Workarounds
After trying various typical workarounds to bugs of these sorts, the following solutions have seemed to improve and temporarily fix the bug.

A. Completely Uninstalling & Removing ALL TLOPO files found in Programs Files (x86) (Windows)
B. Restarting your system.
C. Clearing your game cache (Also found in the Program Files (x86))

Unfortunately, the above solutions are not permanent, and the game eventually disconnected itself due to an error after a few hours of playtime, reverting back to this broken and buggy state.

Below is a GIF recorded from my Desktop showcasing the issue. (Cropped to keep my credentials confidential.)

5dbdbcd4edaa733222977b9301f920ce.gif

As any additional information to this glitch is discovered, feel free to post it below as well as an example as a reply and I will include your information to the article.

EDIT #1

I think it should also be noted that upon being able access the game after a workaround has allowed you back on, all of your settings (i.e. Graphics & Audio) are reset back to how they are when you first download the client.

Last edited:
Log files are probably the most useful piece of material in tracking down odd crashing issues such as this one. Logs can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\logs on Windows machines.

We can either take a look at them here as an attachment to the thread, or you may prefer to send it directly to our support email at support@tlopo.com. Make sure to attach/send the most recent one that aligns with when the program crashed.

Back