Loot 36 Hours Straight of Farming...

Yeah, you can get legendaries from loot chests. If the person in particular wants proof direct them to the actual source code of POTCO here. My explanation of the looting code is here, I explain the details on the "Loot Chances" sheet. In particular the "__itemRarityRate" dictionary on lines 175-178 of the source file DropGlobals.py above or my explanation of those lines on row 23 of my spreadsheet show it clearly.

0.001% chance not taking into account all of the other variables that go into it. RNG was on your side.
View attachment 110299
Keep in mind that TLOPO could have tweaked these values slightly as these are from POTCO.

EDIT: forgot that percentages total to 100 not 1 high iq, added a disclaimer/clarification

I think this guy based it off POTCO but maybe it is similar

that's 0.00085 for a skull chest where 1.0 would be 100%

I think this guy based it off POTCO but maybe it is similar

that's 0.00085 for a skull chest where 1.0 would be 100%
Yup, its likely TLOPO slightly modified these numbers and/or their implementation might be different from POTCO. I conclude this based on the fact that we only have access to the client files of POTCO and not the server files which would have contained the calculations for determining loot based on these numbers. The server files are completely rewritten on TLOPO which could explain the differences we see. Though, it gives a good base idea on what TLOPO is attempting to recreate at least, and what actually goes into looting.

Just to add to this, with the old data given from POTCO and the current drop rates for chests and skull chests it takes approximately 5800 boss kills for a legendary on average. If you kill a boss every minute, this would take approximately 100 hours.

Just to add to this, with the old data given from POTCO and the current drop rates for chests and skull chests it takes approximately 5800 boss kills for a legendary on average. If you kill a boss every minute, this would take approximately 100 hours.
Dont worry I got it after 48 hours give or take. Had to take an obvious break at around 36 hours because I was starting to hallucinate but we all gucci now.

Ahoy, Chubbs The Pirate!

First of all, congratulations on the eventual find of Jack Sparrow's Blade.

However, I would not recommend doing sessions like this often as being in contact with the blue light produced from computer monitors can inhibit sleep patterns and produce unhealthy side effects along eye strain aside of a plethora of other symptoms.

(I shouldn't speak, it's my job to sit in front of a computer screen, but hey!)

Fair Winds,
Misha

Ahoy, Chubbs The Pirate!

However, I would not recommend doing sessions like this often as being in contact with the blue light produced from computer monitors can inhibit sleep patterns and produce unhealthy side effects along eye strain aside of a plethora of other symptoms.

Fair Winds,
Misha
Yeah... my sleep schedules already a bit broken(I don't usually got to bed until 5 a.m. CT) and I have noticed problems with my vision(seeing better in the dark out of the corner of my eye rather than looking straight at an object).

So, if you had a total of 10 accounts/alts it would only take you 10 hours?

Ahoy, Chubbs The Pirate!

Fair Winds,
Misha
Do you think that's still true with the advent of LCD-LED and other flat panels? I actually used this up to early last year.

sonytv.jpg

Sitting here on a 51 hour farm at the moment.... At Darkhart and have yet to come across this Legendary weapon hes supposedly drops... Like is there a specific weapon or something I need to be doing that I'm not doing just to get this weapon??

Sitting here on a 51 hour farm at the moment.... At Darkhart and have yet to come across this Legendary weapon hes supposedly drops... Like is there a specific weapon or something I need to be doing that I'm not doing just to get this weapon??
You need to go to bed mate. I think you may be starting to look like your avatar. I think i took out over 7000 bosses at least by last night and got that insane run, so how many more thousands do you think you need to get over 7000 boss kills. If you answer thousands, then it looks like you will be going straight through to New Years. Now thats insane.

You need to go to bed mate. I think you may be starting to look like your avatar. I think i took out over 7000 bosses at least by last night and got that insane run, so how many more thousands do you think you need to get over 7000 boss kills. If you answer thousands, then it looks like you will be going straight through to New Years. Now thats insane.
I went to be last night lol I just added the 3 hours from today with the other 48 hours I already did.

It is to be noted that conjuring a Legendary from the game's random number generator is a challenge, and unfortunately for some, luck may not be on their side. While I do recommend you keep at it for the chance of that glorious red text, I would highly recommend taking breaks as well as to not be dwelling with your computer for too long, as it can be damaging to your health.

(Also, to confirm your statement, General Darkhart is confirmed to drop Jack Sparrow's Blade, a renowned Legendary Cutlass.)

Fair Winds,
Misha

I legit farmed darkhart for 36 hours straight so I could get sparrows blade and I only got 1 legendary drop that whole time. Could someone tell me the exact drop chances?
Neither http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Items or http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Loot_Skull_Chest give me any statistics.
No amount of effort will ever guarantee you anything in this game.

Center your reason for playing around seeing RED TEXT you'll end up disappointed and hating the game.

Back