40 - LOVE

Which BRAND of tennis racquet do you use?

• Head

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wilson

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Prince

• Babolat

• Yonex

• Slazenger

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

lacoste_emb.jpg

As a kid, I used to hate the sport of tennis - I mean, I really HATED it! :mad:

Perhaps that was because my two older sisters would often practice together and consequently, either one would invite me along (not for myself to learn and to enjoy the sport itself, mind you) but rather for myself to ultimately become their "ball boy" for every shot they shanked or misjudged.

:cannon:
Tennis-Ball-Boy-167x125.jpg
:bounce::smh::sigh:

~ When I became a teenager, all of that changed for me. (Basically, I made an attempt to look for something to help myself then stay in shape during the summer time and off-season of playing football). What I discovered...is that I truly enjoyed the sport itself and while although I wasn't the most consistent of a player, I found myself heading to the court (alone oftentimes) just to practice my accuracy of shots against a back-board and to master the serve.

When I was in college, I wondered which direction I would go once I graduated and it was then that I seriously began to a take a look at wanting to establish a career for myself by becoming indirectly involved with the industry of the sport by establishing a career with a major, tennis equipment manufacturer (yeah, I would have 'loved' it if that would have worked out). :D

So I ask, does anyone enjoy the sport of tennis as I do and if so...please provide some testimony as to your love for the game along with anything else you would like to share concerning the "love" of the sport itself.
*May the advantage always be to your favor & on your side of the court. :fight:

Last edited by a moderator:
Be real, and acquire an "image" which is empathetic towards the other guy...

Long time ago, I sent my resume/cover letter in to "Wilson" Sporting Goods Company located in Chicago. They received it and responded back saying...the biggest problem against me is that I was located in the wrong area. :mad: A bit ironic considering the context of Tom Hanks character within the movie, "Castaway." Oh well - shrugs.

Back