4th of july stories

Hey everyone the reason i made this thread is because i wanna hear about your cool/amazing/funny/fail stories from the forth of july if you celebrate it here ill start

About two years ago we had my familly over ( there was about 40 people total ) we ate dinner and went outside at around 10 to shoot the fireworks, the people who were near them lighting them ( the others were in lawn chairs and stuff farther back away ) were Me My brother a few of his friends ( bean and kris ) and my dad, well my dad went to put some actillery shells in one of the firework tubes and he did and started to light it but when he did he bumped it and the fireworks fell over..... pointing at us... O.O my dad sidestepped right before they launched and the fireworks shot out at us one of the auctillery shells flew at me and exploded about 15 feet infront of me i got a few small burns but i got really confused and some how started running tword where they were shooting from and barely avoided getting hit
My brother dropped to the ground and managed to not get hit at all and his friend had one of the artillery shells exploded right in front of him and gave him a pretty bad burn and caught his shorts on fire and my brothers other friend ran backwords and got a few burns

everyone in the background was screaming and it was chaos and when it ended everyone was flippin out well anyways everyone was okapart from the burns

anyways that is my story.. but the question is. Whats yours?

I have one!!! I guess its kinda similar to yours but!!! This year in my state it became legal to shoot off the fireworks that actually went up into the sky. So we had one of those. It was on a side street beside my uncles house. It was more like a driveway but it was blacktopped. So we shot it off there. It crackled and sparkled at first... Then started shooting into the air. My uncle was saying, "Ooh I like that one!" At this point the still shooting firework fell over and shot into the nearby grass my uncle then said. "Ooh I don't like that one!" So now everyone is running for dear life! After it shoots in the grass it spins around and shoots across the street. If a car had been going by well.. We would of had some issues.... Anyway after those 2 shots the firework was over. I'm just glad it didn't fall when it first started.. Thats my 2011 July 4th story!

Lol heres mine, I was watching my mom light one ( WHICH IS HILLARIOUS CAUSE SHE JUMPERS WHEN IT SPARKS ) and it tipped over.. well my dad went up there and sat it up well it shot sideways and when it cam down it burned his head O_O not bad though well thats mine

Lol heres mine, I was watching my mom light one ( WHICH IS HILLARIOUS CAUSE SHE JUMPERS WHEN IT SPARKS ) and it tipped over.. well my dad went up there and sat it up well it shot sideways and when it cam down it burned his head O_O not bad though well thats mine
OMG ROFL

Back