Drewski0199

Wiki Staff
2016-6-1
tlopo-alpha-v1.8.4

Maintenance

• Code cleanup.
    • Remove Memorial Day holiday messages.
Bugfixes

• Added 35 words to the WhiteList. Keep the suggestions coming!
    • Fixed a "division by 0" crash with Crew GUI.
    • Fixed a bug where players would be stuck in jail cells.
    • Fixed a bug where the land world grid was being used during sailing instead of the ocean grid.
    • Fixed a crash when taking the wheel of a ship.
    • Fixed a crash with NPC spawning.
    • Fixed a game state issue with Potions.

Someone explain this please? I havent logged in for a few days but I've heard there wasnt any NPCs yet
I'm no developer, but I think I can explain what this means...

NPC ≠ Enemy - In other words, NPCs are not the same thing as enemies. Don't get them confused!

NPCs are characters in the game who are not controlled by an active player like you or me. Examples of these would be a fisherman, a shipwright, and a peddler.

Whenever you enter an area with an NPC, such a shop, it has to "spawn" (or load) this character. This fix patched a crash that would happen when there an issue with the NPC being spawned.

I'm no developer, but I think I can explain what this means...

NPC ≠ Enemy - In other words, NPCs are not the same thing as enemies. Don't get them confused!

NPCs are characters in the game who are not controlled by an active player like you or me. Examples of these would be a fisherman, a shipwright, and a peddler.

Whenever you enter an area with an NPC, such a shop, it has to "spawn" (or load) this character. This fix patched a crash that would happen when there an issue with the NPC being spawned.

True. I wasnt considering the NPCs around the map. I was thinking about enemies lol. I'm just so ready to get my Copperhead War Brig back but first i need the enemy ships to be released :p

Back