Question 64 Bit Version

Slumpdog

Dockworker
I know you guys just released the 64bit launcher, but do you guys have an estimate of when the whole game will be 64 bit? I know its probably hard to predict, but could we get a ballpark?

I know it's wrong to think the 64 bit version of the game will look any different than it does now, but deep inside, I wish it would!

I know it's wrong to think the 64 bit version of the game will look any different than it does now, but deep inside, I wish it would!

Its not about the looks, 64bit allows for the game to use more RAM on your system which entails will boost performance.

Its not about the looks, 64bit allows for the game to use more RAM on your system which entails will boost performance.
I wasn't asking what it would do for the game. I know what 64 bit will do for the game, but thanks for the input.
As I stated, "I know it's wrong to think the 64 bit version of the game will look any different than it does now, but deep inside, I wish it would!"
As in, I wish it would enhance the game visually, even tho I know it won't.

Just an FYI, I'm pretty sure tlopo was already LAA(Large Address Aware) which means the application was able to access the 4gb of ram instead of 2gb. So i doubt performance will change drastically cause of that reason, but i've heard it'll improve due to changes in their compilation process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI, I'm pretty sure tlopo was already LAA(Large Address Aware) which means the application was able to access the same amount of ram 64 bit systems could. So i doubt performance will change drastically cause of that reason, but i've heard it'll improve due to changes in their compilation process.
Although 64bit has been around for quite awhile, could 64bit be more efficient with the internet protocols part of an online game as opposed to a 32bit that may not be as capable? Perhaps we can hope for some sort of perceivable improvement to packet handling and the like.

Which leaves more overhead for poor garbage collection, poorly optimized compilers that conflate memory data, and unfixable or untraceable memory leaks. Why address the problems if you can avoid them.

Why would they have a better 64-bit protected compiler for the client if the 32bit one is barely use-able?

Which leaves more overhead for poor garbage collection, poorly optimized compilers that conflate memory data, and unfixable or untraceable memory leaks. Why address the problems if you can avoid them.

Why would they have a better 64-bit protected compiler for the client if the 32bit one is barely use-able?
My question about the internet and 64 versus 32 came also from when I upgraded to winxp 32 to win7 64 which my sys was always able to use but I ran winxp32. When the upgrade was done, I saw an increase in my speeds from the isp testing done prior and after with no changes done to settings except what win7 did. So, could 64bit be more efficient on the internet side of things? I asked it kind of goofy, but I think you get the gist.

Unless client to server communication has been fully revamped by them for the 64-bit client which I doubt since don't fix whats (supposedly) not broken right? Then no.

Unless client to server communication has been fully revamped by them for the 64-bit client which I doubt since don't fix whats (supposedly) not broken right? Then no.
So, basically I was asking if 64bit in the internet environment is just inherently more efficient due to newer standards and math than 32bit has been. If true, then we could see some improvement just in internet traffic part of the game. I did see where a dev recently commented that 64bit game will see some improvement in frame rates for some reason.
Either way looking forward to the upgrade.
Thanks.

It won't effect latency or networking, and it won't effect frame rates. The only thing it will do is make it so any minor memory leaks will be less detrimental to the overall fps. So it can help with FPS but it doesn't solve the problems.

It won't effect latency or networking, and it won't effect frame rates. The only thing it will do is make it so any minor memory leaks will be less detrimental to the overall fps. So it can help with FPS but it doesn't solve the problems.
ah thanks.

So, like many announcements on the forums, we may be wise to take them with an ounce of rum.

Last edited:
Back