Announcement 7 Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahoy everyone!

October is a month that holds a lot of significance for this community. While Halloween is the main player in terms of holidays, two significant events occur during October that we must take a moment to appreciate and celebrate.

To start, this year Pirates Online is turning ten years old, releasing a decade ago on October 31, 2007. It continually astounds me that the community is still alive and well after all these years - a true testament to our pirating spirit. In the past year in TLOPO's two Beta phases, we've experienced the nostalgia and excitement of getting back into our pirate roots and reuniting with old friends. Folks near and far have found their way back to the game after a number of years - it's really heartwarming to see.

I said this last year, but I'll say it again - I feel OLD, especially since it has now been almost a decade.

Anyway, cutting to the chase here. The SECOND most important date would be today, October 12. Pirates Forums was created on October 12, 2010. We're celebrating our 7th anniversary and we couldn't have done it without you! A generous thanks goes out to each and every one of you for enriching the community and being a part of it all. I'd also like to recognize our hard-working forums moderation team - they work tirelessly to maintain a welcoming and organized atmosphere.

Alright, so we're celebrating our 7th anniversary, right? Since the number 7 is widely regarded by many to be a "lucky" number, allow me to pose a question to you all. What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to you? Answering this question is completely open-ended and can relate to either your personal lives or something that happened in-game.

By answering the above question with a post below, you will be awarded the following medal:

21_1507151410l.png

(kudos to @Irene!)

You have from now until October 19, 2017 at 11:59PM EDT to post your response. After this time, the thread will be locked and no additional medals will be awarded.

Big props and thanks go out to everyone. You guys rock. Here's to another great year.

JFR

My luckiest thing in regards to TLoPO/PF was being dragged here by my fella in the first place...the game is addictive, the community is lovely and the staff of both are awesome :)
On a personal note I am fortunate to have a wonderful, caring daughter and that we actually like and understand each other and and enjoy spending time together. <3

And to Pirates Forums I say Happy 7th Birthday........

xeAKN4m.jpg

Getting Silver Freeze on my first kill of Darkhart back in POTCO. It was really late at night and none of my friends were online, so I had to wait and tell them until in the morning. As lame as it sounds, it was pretty neat back in 2011 for something that random to happen to you on a game that you absolutely adored. Thank you so much Pirates Forums for creating a place that others can share moments like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back