Announcement 8 Years of Pirates Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahoy Forums Family!

I know this is a little late, but better late than never!

View attachment 110124

Thank you to all of our members for making
the Forums what we are today!

To celebrate, we are asking that you
share a special Forum memory

For participating, you will receive

View attachment 110125

View attachment 110126

As always, this medal is available for a limited time
Hurry and post by 10pm EDT on 10/23/2018

A special shout out to @Irene
for this years anniversary medal <3

Only been here a little over a year, may not be worthy of a medal. But these forums have been a great source of information and even more importantly helpful kind support from a wonderful community. May it go another 8 years.
Thank you all for your dedication and hard work.

One of my fondest memories and recent too, is when I couldn't find my bird and Darkrose admitted she ate him. Well, I'm over it now, and my deceased bird was very old and had bird dementia and kept calling me poophead. Which he never did before. That was usually reserved for his friends. I got me another younger smarter bird and she's a wonder. So Darkrose did me a favor. But I won't be letting her out any time soon. And next time Darkrose stops by my ship asking for a cup of rum, I'll just bring it to the front deck this time.

Last edited:
One of my favorite memories from here was seeing how many people worked to see this place continue thrive and survive after POTCO shuttered, before there was any sign of promise from any emulator out there. Wish I could still see that planning board, because while it was uncertain and slightly grim, a great group of people were brought together to see that the Forums would prevail.

That's a hard question... When I joined the forums in 2011, the members welcomed me pretty warmly. As a new member/player this attitude from the forum members made me feel home pretty quickly. The quick acceptance boosted my excitement and joy I got from sharing my opinions & playing the game. Also, finding new friends and talking with fellow mates were/is my favourite memory/activity up to this date.

I should also add the fact that the POTCO or in recent terms the TLOPO community is one of the most respectful gaming communities I have ever seen. I should thank everyone for preserving this... Happy Anniversary!

Some of my favourite memories here consist of Cougar's (aka @Kat Five Knives) remarks about me, my friendship with @Shamus The Brute and of course, me bugging @Captain Mary about everything she does.

I am really honoured for all people that trust and believe in me, it really is so motivational for me to go on. Thank you all for making my time here as best as it could be!

Well happy to be one of the good memories even if it was *bugging* one xD lots of good memories tlopo holds good to be part ofem :D

Ahoy All!
Favorite memory .. Honestly it's the pirate community that we have here and the ability to make a great game, greater! Everyone is eager to post and help those in need. Thanks to all ...
Fair Winds

The very best thing about this forums is that the memories themselves, keep occurring. Think about that for a moment. Isn't that great? ;)

OUR fate was locked-in. POTCO was closed completely and everything else was @ risk of disappearing away. This forums...has surpassed the odds and much credit, in my opinion, should be given where that credit is most certainly due; the forums Administrators and crew.

I don't know what else to say, really, about the matter other than myself making an attempt to say "thank you" to everyone whom has remained pro-community on this forums (despite various 'coup' attempts made towards the betterment of OUR community and behind-the-scenes [forums] decision-making). *With that said, always remember everyone that you are ALL in this together and if there is a lesson to be learned from the experience of playing POTCO...it is to always keep community in mind because community...is what will pull everyone through all of the disappointments, drama, hardships, and incredible odds which scream (very loudly), "disperse, disperse!"

DON'T QUIT!

Oh man, I still remember when the Forums boomed in audience when it was announced that POTCO was ending. I can still remember the first ever "remake" project and all of those forums that were created and eventually deleted for the many many remakes. But through it all, PF stood strong and we all remained as one. The people here on this Forum have always been here for each other and it's always brought a smile to my face to see the happy welcomes and greetings, the birthday and other holiday wishes, and all of the great events that take place here.
Thank yall so much for bringing our amazing community closer and for actually keeping us that way!

Happy anniversary, PF!!

Gosh, there are so many great memories of this place for me. I suppose some of the best memories I have are getting to meet other former POTCO players and see myself grow as a person as well. Back when I joined the forums I was in high school, and I hadn't really come out of my "shell" yet. PF is one of the places that's helped me gain valuable friendships and open up to people more. For those things, I'll always be grateful. :)

Happy Anniversary indeed! Best moment was discovering the forums and getting a beta key in one week of playing back in semi open beta.

Best moments for me are recent, like this week recent! I love the developer insiders updates and seeing what's being developed and what we can look forward to as a pirate community.

Wow! Happy 8th Anniversary PiratesForums! :thumbsup: :cheer1:
~Sending loves <3 <3 and hugs :hugs: !
---
My special forum memory was quite recent that happened only few days ago,
A Dose of Shyness officially turned one year old on this forum! :spring:

In other words, i have spent one great year with this awesome community :pirate ship:~and many many more years to come! :thewave: :happy:

Thanks for letting me be part of this big family!:thanks:

Congratulations! :congrats1:
and Lots of loves!! <3 <3 <3

I remember when TLOPO was first announced on this forum. I was so happy to see that my childhood would be coming back, and continue to be astonished by how much the game has progressed. Not to mention, how large the community has grown and prospered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back