Release Notes 9-18-2015 tlopo-alpha- v1.0.2

Made a new vid:

WOW!!! Thanks Kate... you look more beautiful than ever, even "Old Greg" (in fishing) looks more attractive than I remember him! lol

Great to hear that fishing music again, just another amazing thing that made the game so appealing, a small part of an amazing WHOLE!

Can't wait for the progress over the coming months, so looking forward to the day when we will all see someone set sail from a dingy on their ship once again! :woot: :D WE CAN BELIEVE:D

PS. I don't think there's any point in forcing Disney to make decisions about things by confronting them with TLOPO, I think it's better to err on the side of caution and just HOPE they keep on ignoring it, just like TT, it seems to me there are endless reasons from a Copyright/Legal angle why they could approach TLOPO if they wanted to (although I'm no lawyer, just business development and management stuff)... so personally I think we need to remember the saying "Let sleeping dogs lie":swashbuckler:

:pirate ship:

Last edited:
I think that if Toontown Rewritten can continue running with Disney characters like mickey mouse I honestly don't think we should worry.
Back during his TLOPO prime, @xXWilee999Xx had gave mentioned of this same belief. *Only thing is, a reputable U.S. national (news) article is claiming the exact opposite. (Below is a snippet I took from this exact news article. I found other sources on the internet which are claiming this to be true as well):

Siding on Caution.JPG

- I just want to point the above ^ out because too many people arrrr assuming something which isn't true and/or they are not taking the appropriate time to look adequately into things before opening their mouth. :rolleyes: In truth, only time will tell (as I don't have a clue as to what Disney will do. They have proven to be unpredictable as the sea. I only wanted us - as a community - to exercise on the side of caution; nothing more, nothing less).

Back during his TLOPO prime, @xXWilee999Xx had gave mentioned of this same belief. *Only thing is, a reputable U.S. national (news) article is claiming the exact opposite. (Below is a snippet I took from this exact news article. I found other sources on the internet which are claiming this to be true as well):

View attachment 65539

- I just want to point the above ^ out because too many people arrrr assuming something which isn't true and/or they are not taking the appropriate time to look adequately into things before opening their mouth. :rolleyes: In truth, only time will tell (as I don't have a clue as to what Disney will do. They have proven to be unpredictable as the sea. I only wanted us - as a community - to exercise on the side of caution; nothing more, nothing less).
You're correct and I have forgotten to mention that recently on YouTube several veteran ToonTown channels have been closed due to copyright strikes from an unknown company quite possibly Disney, this may be the beginning of a terrible legal battle and Disney are ironically the cogs themselves.

You're correct and I have forgotten to mention that recently on YouTube several veteran ToonTown channels have been closed due to copyright strikes from an unknown company quite possibly Disney, this may be the beginning of a terrible legal battle and Disney are ironically the cogs themselves.
Lot's of "unknown" persons snipe at all sorts of channels on Youtube, things are taken down constantly. Thankfully it's not an example of other things.

There is no point in looking for negative examples, it is better to focus on positive examples such as TT rewritten, if we had been fearful right from the start there would have been no start and now we have almost made it there is no turning back.

We are almost there and so far the "Winds Of Fortune" are on our side, when TLOPO is fully up and running we will have to cross whatever bridges will present themselves and there could be any number of them.

I have faith, as do others that we will conquer any challenges that may appear before us as we have the last 2 years.

Let's hope that the simple reality will be that we will all sail off into the sunset plundering gold, jewels, legendary weapons and all manner of treasure as the "Most Feared Pirates Of The Caribbean" for the foreseeable future! Arrrr!

As the great Yogi Berra RIP (Baseball Legend) said... "If you come to a fork in the road, take it!", "It ain't over till it's over!" and hopefully it will be just "Like déjà vu all over again!"
:arrrrr::pirate ship::pirate:

Videos are copyright claimed/reported for rule violation by 3rd parties on youtube all of the time. These 3rd parties prey upon smaller channels who have no connections to anyone inside youtube, so they can never get their channel back. If i were to guess, it would have been a copyrighted song that was used, or even multiple. Multiple strikes = account termination. It could also be trolls who found things they deemed offensive in the videos and reported it to youtube. I doubt Disney would take action on youtube videos, and not go to the source. Plus they were never known to copyright claim youtube videos showing their games in the past anyways.

Videos are copyright claimed/reported for rule violation by 3rd parties on youtube all of the time. These 3rd parties prey upon smaller channels who have no connections to anyone inside youtube, so they can never get their channel back. If i were to guess, it would have been a copyrighted song that was used, or even multiple. Multiple strikes = account termination. It could also be trolls who found things they deemed offensive in the videos and reported it to youtube. I doubt Disney would take action on youtube videos, and not go to the source. Plus they were never known to copyright claim youtube videos showing their games in the past anyways.
The thing is it happened all at once with only toontown centered YouTubers taken down, people like CoachZucchini didn't have any copyright material in it that was breaching the fair use policy of YouTube, sadly the broken Content ID system allows companies to ignore fair use and take down things willy nilly.

Lot's of "unknown" persons snipe at all sorts of channels on Youtube, things are taken down constantly. Thankfully it's not an example of other things.

There is no point in looking for negative examples, it is better to focus on positive examples such as TT rewritten, if we had been fearful right from the start there would have been no start and now we have almost made it there is no turning back.

We are almost there and so far the "Winds Of Fortune" are on our side, when TLOPO is fully up and running we will have to cross whatever bridges will present themselves and there could be any number of them.

I have faith, as do others that we will conquer any challenges that may appear before us as we have the last 2 years.

Let's hope that the simple reality will be that we will all sail off into the sunset plundering gold, jewels, legendary weapons and all manner of treasure as the "Most Feared Pirates Of The Caribbean" for the foreseeable future! Arrrr!

As the great Yogi Berra RIP (Baseball Legend) said... "If you come to a fork in the road, take it!", "It ain't over till it's over!" and hopefully it will be just "Like déjà vu all over again!"
:arrrrr::pirate ship::pirate:
I agree with this post entirely.

Of course Disney is the sleeping giant, but if you don't kick the giant, it won't wake up. TLOPO is making sure the game keeps up to Disney's standards, and we so far have fixed TONS of exploits that POTCO had, making our version of the game more secure than theirs.

If we run things as Disney would, and not make money off of anything. I do not see any issues ever coming in the future. If anything, our presence will tell Disney that there is money to be made in this community. It might even help make a Pirates of the Caribbean 6. I heard rumors that POTC 5 was the last movie. I do not think Disney would turn down an opportunity to make a lot of money.

TLOPO has all the old islands, and I have tested the implementation of them. So far I've been able to load them up, but they're kinda buggy.

We don't know how they'd be made of use yet.
Ok Thanks Mike for that, I have never been on old Tortuga or Old Port Royal yet, but once the game is out without the Alpha Key, and these islands are then made available I shall be returning and I know a few members would also return

Back