a few pvp questions

yevi

Dockworker
never touched pvp before, here are my questions:
1. do I need level 50 to actually have a chance?
2. do I need good (legendary) swords to have a chance?
3. skipping cleave worth it?

never touched pvp before, here are my questions:
1. do I need level 50 to actually have a chance?
2. do I need good (legendary) swords to have a chance?
3. skipping cleave worth it?

I'm not one of the resident experts, so I'll let someone like @Spade or @Scarecrow answer the first question (or the other two if I'm wrong)

1. Generally, most people you'll fight will be 50, so it's not a bad thing to have, though I've PvP'd with a lower level pirate before and I usually look for someone around my level In that circumstance.

2. The only two relevant legendaries in PvP that I'm aware of are Cursed Blade of Yore, or Thunderspine Sword. Generally, some of the best weapons for PvP are actually Famed, such as Admiral's Cutlass, Doom Rattler, or even the basic Rusty Cutlass in some circumstances.

3. Most people do anyway, so if you plan to PvP consistently it may be worth doing just so you're not at a disadvantage with some of the more frequent players.

I've done a little bit of PvP in the past, I can say most people will use swords or daggers. I had one rare instance where a guy pulled a voodoo staff on me. General rule of thumb is to avoid random PvP invites, and if you're just starting out don't take on anyone who has a chat mute lol.

1. In most scenarios being a few lvls lower or missing a bit of HP compared to your opponent won't matter. Though bear in mind that in some situations when facing people relatively equal to you, even 200 HP can actually make a massive difference depending on the game.
For example, picture a scenario where you both land all key combos and abilities, then you bladestorm your opponent right before they can kill you with theirs. They then respawn and you land a viper's nest putting them at a 700 health deficit for next round.
Now picture a scenario where you both land all key combos and abilities, but they're 200 HP above lethal range from your bladestorm killing them. Due to this, they end up killing you with their bladestorm first and being the one to land viper's nest on you when you respawn. In this case you'll be at a 700 health deficit all due to just a baseline 200 HP disadvantage from your character. This is a pretty extreme and rare example, though the lower your lvl/hp, the greater the likelihood a situation like this occurs causing you to be put a full point or so behind by the end of the game.

2. Basically any noteworthy pvper will agree to the same weapons as you. The most common are Admiral's cutlass and Arctic Throwing Knives, though any fame or even blacksmith weapons could work as long as both participants agree beforehand. Legendaries such as Thunderspine are typically looked down upon and avoided since most people don't have them and fights with them are generally imbalanced from overbuffed stats.

3. Skipping cleave is absolutely worth it and extremely essential. Skip cleave vs no skip cleave has been tested side by side on two separate tabs landing the same amount of combos, with skip cleave gaining a full point lead vs no skip cleave.

Since I was tagged I'm answering this under the assumption we're going by standard jumper ideology. If you're trying to pvp with looters then I imagine its just the wild west where anything goes.

1. In most scenarios being a few lvls lower or missing a bit of HP compared to your opponent won't matter. Though bear in mind that in some situations when facing people relatively equal to you, even 200 HP can actually make a massive difference depending on the game.
For example, picture a scenario where you both land all key combos and abilities, then you bladestorm your opponent right before they can kill you with theirs. They then respawn and you land a viper's nest putting them at a 700 health deficit for next round.
Now picture a scenario where you both land all key combos and abilities, but they're 200 HP above lethal range from your bladestorm killing them. Due to this, they end up killing you with their bladestorm first and being the one to land viper's nest on you when you respawn. In this case you'll be at a 700 health deficit all due to just a baseline 200 HP disadvantage from your character. This is a pretty extreme and rare example, though the lower your lvl/hp, the greater the likelihood a situation like this occurs causing you to be put a full point or so behind by the end of the game.

2. Basically any noteworthy pvper will agree to the same weapons as you. The most common are Admiral's cutlass and Arctic Throwing Knives, though any fame or even blacksmith weapons could work as long as both participants agree beforehand. Legendaries such as Thunderspine are typically looked down upon and avoided since most people don't have them and fights with them are generally imbalanced from overbuffed stats.

3. Skipping cleave is absolutely worth it and extremely essential. Skip cleave vs no skip cleave has been tested side by side on two separate tabs landing the same amount of combos, with skip cleave gaining a full point lead vs no skip cleave.

Since I was tagged I'm answering this under the assumption we're going by standard jumper ideology. If you're trying to pvp with looters then I imagine its just the wild west where anything goes.
What he said.

Back