Question A few questions from a couple of new players.

Jimbo512

Dockworker
Hi all,

Hope this is the right section.

A friend and I recently discovered this game through our mutual interest in pirating games, and we both really liked the 'vanilla' feel the game has; we're looking to stick around.

However, we had a couple of burning questions:

1. At peak times, what's the typical player count? We played for around 2 hours last night but only ran into a handful of people (offpeak time). We're not massively bothered by this because we had fun fighting the AI in our ships, but it's always better to have more people around.

1A. Is the player base growing or diminishing?

2. Secondly, and this is oddly specific, but we're both massive fans of poker and have played for well over a decade together, so the combination of our love for pirating games and poker kind of goes hand-in-hand. After our first hour, we jumped into the parlour games and sat on a table playing poker together - there's something oddly satisfying about earning your money in the game and then losing it all through poker...

Were the people we were sat with likely AI? It stated that the only nearby player was my friend. If so, do many people use the parlour games, or is the game just not booming enough to pull the player count for it?

Cheers!

ok so the player base is acccaulty very high its over 100k players just due to issue recently people havent been able to play also welcome

ok so the player base is acccaulty very high its over 100k players just due to issue recently people havent been able to play also welcome

Thank you for the response :) That's actually extremely high when compared to what we expected, which is great! Do you mind if I ask about the issue that's stopping people from connecting?

Hi all,

Hope this is the right section.

A friend and I recently discovered this game through our mutual interest in pirating games, and we both really liked the 'vanilla' feel the game has; we're looking to stick around.

However, we had a couple of burning questions:

1. At peak times, what's the typical player count? We played for around 2 hours last night but only ran into a handful of people (offpeak time). We're not massively bothered by this because we had fun fighting the AI in our ships, but it's always better to have more people around.

1A. Is the player base growing or diminishing?

2. Secondly, and this is oddly specific, but we're both massive fans of poker and have played for well over a decade together, so the combination of our love for pirating games and poker kind of goes hand-in-hand. After our first hour, we jumped into the parlour games and sat on a table playing poker together - there's something oddly satisfying about earning your money in the game and then losing it all through poker...

Were the people we were sat with likely AI? It stated that the only nearby player was my friend. If so, do many people use the parlour games, or is the game just not booming enough to pull the player count for it?

Cheers!
A typical player count on a typical night is about 300 to 500 players over all servers.

There are always 3 artificial players at the table with seats for at least three addirional players. Poker is fun especially when you have lots of cheat cards at your disposal. Those can be obtained from loot on land and sea.

A typical player count on a typical night is about 300 to 500 players over all servers.

There are always 3 artificial players at the table with seats for at least three addirional players. Poker is fun especially when you have lots of cheat cards at your disposal. Those can be obtained from loot on land and sea.

Thanks very much for the response. Given what Miafff stated above, would the number of players increase significantly once the connection issues are fixed?

Thanks for the insight on the poker aspect, too - that's pretty much what I experienced. I also had the pleasure of being thrown in jail as I used my cheat card... probably shouldn't have changed my first card to a 4 of clubs seen as my second card was already the 4 of clubs...

Thanks very much for the response. Given what Miafff stated above, would the number of players increase significantly once the connection issues are fixed?

Thanks for the insight on the poker aspect, too - that's pretty much what I experienced. I also had the pleasure of being thrown in jail as I used my cheat card... probably shouldn't have changed my first card to a 4 of clubs seen as my second card was already the 4 of clubs...
Nope not significantly if at all, i haven't noticed a connection issue so i'm not sure where they're getting that.

found it

Attachments

• here you go.PNG
    here you go.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 82
Ahoy Jimbo! It's always nice to see a new face around the Caribbean!

If you're looking for more populated ocean, usually Abassa or Andaba has the most players (you can select which ocean you are playing on by either the ocean list on the bottom left of the avatar selection screen, or there is a drop down list above the world map in-game). These servers are usually good for finding groups to loot bosses, public ships, and pretty much anything else in game that required multiple players. A word of caution though, trolls do like to hang out on these two oceans, especially Abassa Tortuga.

As far as poker goes, if you are playing the Underground Parlor Games, these are private and only people who teleport to you can join the game. Poker in taverns is public, and anyone can join (if you haven't noticed yet, different taverns have different limit on how much gold you can bet).

Be on the lookout for Undead Poker returning to the Hallowed Woods in October. You may just lose more than gold if have a bad hand...

Ahoy Jimbo! It's always nice to see a new face around the Caribbean!

If you're looking for more populated ocean, usually Abassa or Andaba has the most players (you can select which ocean you are playing on by either the ocean list on the bottom left of the avatar selection screen, or there is a drop down list above the world map in-game). These servers are usually good for finding groups to loot bosses, public ships, and pretty much anything else in game that required multiple players. A word of caution though, trolls do like to hang out on these two oceans, especially Abassa Tortuga.

As far as poker goes, if you are playing the Underground Parlor Games, these are private and only people who teleport to you can join the game. Poker in taverns is public, and anyone can join (if you haven't noticed yet, different taverns have different limit on how much gold you can bet).

Be on the lookout for Undead Poker returning to the Hallowed Woods in October. You may just lose more than gold if have a bad hand...

This is exactly what I was after, thanks so much! Sounds like you have a nice little community here, and everything sounds right up our street; we'll be sticking around :) See you around!

You can see the exact current population of each server in the map drop down menu and you can move to the server of your choosing by clicking on it from that menu. Abassa is usually the most populated by far except after a reset when everyone that got booted generally relogs on Andaba. All the other servers are generally quiet and are for those who want to do solo or small crew stuff without disruption by others. In poker you can see the AI players don't have the player tag like your friend, next time you're on check that out.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the player base is quite stable at this time with very similar numbers of players on at the same time each and every day with Saturday being a bit more popular.

Back