Blog Post A Finale to Remember

Bobby Flat Foot

Pirate Lord
this-is-not-the-end_4Zd26bO_752x400.jpg

Posted by The Crew on Sept. 22, 2016, 4 p.m.

Ahoy all ye Pirates of the Caribbean!

After a year of updates, excitement, and surprises, The Legend of Pirates Online has successfully completed its Alpha stage of development and is now preparing to open its doors to Beta.

The TLOPO team has been truly honored to be working with such a supportive, loving, and entertaining community. The following is a personalized message written by The Legend of Pirates Online’s development team to you:

“It has been quite the ride, running this Alpha server for you! All of us have worked many tireless nights (and more hours than we can count) trying to make this game what it once was! I'm sure most of us are emotional around this time of year, remembering the fun we had on POTCO (and for some of us, other similar games). We wanted to send out an extremely heartfelt thank you to those that have helped and supported our efforts so far. It's a tough process, and we all know that it's hard to have the patience like all of you have. Thank you so much for being around to tell us what we can improve upon, for the hours you've put into testing out the features we create. It means so much to us! We really hope you'll like what we have in store for the Beta release. Please keep that patience about you, it gives us renewed strength and vigor to continue what we do and make this game the best it can be!”

Monday was an amazing day. As we counted down the minutes until Alpha’s shutdown, pirates flooded onto the docks of Port Royal to express their excitement for Beta. For the first time in all of its history, our production cluster had over 100 clients simultaneously logged in! While this may not seem like a lot, it is a huge milestone for us. We had a lot of useful techy-things enabled that gave us a lot of useful information which will be used to make our production server better! We already have a TON of optimizations underway which will be rolling out with the release of Beta!

TLOPO has reached many milestones throughout Alpha, such as nearly 31,672 registered users, 208,782 potions brewed, 810,298 fish caught, 15,297 pirates made, and nearly 10 million lines of server logs written.*

Once again, we thank you for these amazing memories and for allowing us to reach these achievements. Now, you can put those tissues away and put a smile on your face because here come the good news!

In order to accommodate the thrilling transition from Alpha to Beta, the team is planning on keeping the community regularly updated on the behind-the-scenes developments. This means that we will keep you posted as we work on the features you’ve waited all of Alpha to hear about -- so make sure to regularly tune in to our website!

Additionally, we will soon be releasing a collection of wallpapers to commemorate the memories created in Alpha.

Fair winds, mates, and thank you for everything! Your support means the world to us.

The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

* All stats are since tlopo-alpha-v1.4.1

I'm glad you guys will be keeping us informed on what's going on behind the scenes. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in! :)

I would like to say a BIG thank you to all you hard working lads out there, I know that the only way for us to repay you for your kind actions is by showing our support and by sharing your work through out the world. I honestly feel so proud of what you guys are capable to do and at the same time feel so blessed and lucky to have so much kind people in this community. Keep up the incredible work, we're all so looking forward for alpha!

Huzzah! An enormous amount of gratitude and a sip of a swashbuckler's rum to all those involved in the revival of a game that just would not die. When the plug was pulled on this tremendous game, thousands approached the ramshackle hut of the POTCO creators, begging to be allowed back out on the Caribbean.
With our swords getting rusty and the skeleton population exploding, barnacles growing our hulls and mollusks in caverns getting lonely, we called out in numbers to once again tread the sands of those desert isles, living the pirate life as only we know how.
Signing our names to the register to "bring back Potco" , scrawling our hopes in the sand of a revival has finally paid off.
The efforts of the admin, devs and enthusiasts collectively bring back a game we so thoroughly enjoy. This community really is a strong and passionate group!
Let us thank the creators for the opportunity to set sail again! Thank ye! That might be tears on me cheeks, or it may be the salty air....

Attachments

• pirate.jpg
    pirate.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 105
Aye Grace, I couldn't agree with you more..Just thinking back on September 19,2013 was the saddest and emotional day for everyone. I would have never thought that I would have the chance to step on Port Royal Dock again until I signed up on this forum and picked a time slot to play.
I went to every island taking in the music and salty air...I didn't care if it was in Alpha mode..I just was happy knowingly one day things will be together again..
I want to thank the admin, devs and all the rest of the staff for putting in countless hours in this project...Hoist the colors we will once again!
:pirate ship:

Attachments

• potco1.jpg
    potco1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 74
Back