Guild Discussion A Formal Appeal for the Acceptance of a Guild Name

COMMUNITY, what do you think? Should the guild name "EITC Black Guard" be allowed?

• Total voters
Can you explain how "E.I.T.C Black Guard" is a name that implies you're a Disney or TLoPO employee?
I think they were referring to guild names like "Game Master", or "Staff", or "Game Developer", or what have you.

Personally, I fail to see how a guild name referencing the private military owned by the East India Company implies that you work for Disney or TLoPO.

As the name was a GM Guild used by Disney, players will not be allowed to use it. Relevant Terms of Service clauses:
  • No Disney characters or other cartoon characters.
  • No names from any source of media or entertainment material.
  • No names that imply that you're a Disney or TLOPO employee.
Also, food for thought, but what if the Storyline Team ever wanted to use these GM guild names, but they were being used by players? This could cause some conflicts with the storyline events, if that was the case!

Or, what if someone assumes it's a GM Guild like in the original game, and are tricked into giving their account info by people inside the guild? While unlikely, it's still a very likely possibility.

As for The British Empire, I suggest checking this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire

The British Empire is not owned by Disney, and so they are more than welcome to use it. The EITC is a creation of Disney, regardless of the acronym used to reference them, and EITC Black Guard is one of Disney's original guilds.

Hope this answers your questions! Fair winds, Harrington ;)

EITC Black Guard was a GM Guild in the old Era of POTCO, and since there have been new Royal Navy NPCs, I suspect there will be new EITC Black Guard GMs. You can't get the Guild Name because it is reserved for GMs. It is as simple as that.

Back