Request A Guide to What Needs to Happen Before we Leave Beta (AGTWNTHBWLB)

Squidgallows

Honorable Pirate
Hello, my name is Squidgallows and I am here to talk about some of the things that we want added to this game before it is released outside of beta. I am going to be talking about things that need to be fixed, added and changed before we see the game leave beta.

Things that need to be fixed:

Crashing - This is a huge problem that many people face. This is especially an issue when it comes to porting your ship after a plunder. A lot of the time, people will spend up to an hour on a mat run, and then lose everything due to a crash during porting.

Infinite Loading Screen - This is another very important issue in regards to crashing. The only difference, is that when this happens, the game doesn't crash... it freezes on the loading screen. This has happened to many pirates, including me.

Quest Tracker - When doing a quest, you often see an arrow in your compass/map that leads you to your destination. Except, a lot of the time, it doesn't. Instead, it takes you to a random location, not the one you need to be in. This has happened a lot during the Black Pearl Quest, and many others.

Things that need to be changed:

Name Guidlines - The guidelines for names are kind of ridiculous. You can't name your character after a criminal? Pirates were criminals. It makes no sense. Something needs to change with the naming system. I've made a post elsewhere about he hypocrisy of it, so read more about it there.

Chat Filter - I can't say "poop". This is ridiculous. I can't say "do me a favor" because of the words "do me". It comes out saying "arr yarr a favor". I get that this is a kids game, but I want to say "poop".

Things that need to be added:

Raven's Cove Quest - Currently, the only main story quest in the game is the Black Pearl. This is great, lots of love, but the Raven's Cove Quest is where it's at BABY! It is the quest that allows you to enter El Patron's Mine and farm for legendary weapons... oh yeah, that reminds me.

Legendary Weapons - Famed weapons are nice, and they seperate a good pirate from a great pirate. But you know what separates a great pirate from a legendary one? Legendary weapons. The only one that is currently in the game is El Patron's Lost Sword. But what we all want, is the rest of those legendary weapons. And please, don't make them easy to find. Make them extremely difficult to find. Give us a reason to play for hours on end and farm for those things.

Some Sort of Inventory Expansion - I've touched on this in other posts, so read my thoughts on them there. As for here, everyone knows what I am talking about.

These are the things that need to be done before the game leaves beta. Share your thoughts down below.

Chat Filter - I can't say "poop". This is ridiculous. I can't say "do me a favor" because of the words "do me". It comes out saying "arr yarr a favor". I get that this is a kids game, but I want to say "poop".
I understand how this can be frustrating but phrases like those became enough of a problem that some needed to be filtered. You can always type out a variation such as, "Can you help me?" Or something along those lines.

I understand how this can be frustrating but phrases like those became enough of a problem that some needed to be filtered. You can always type out a variation such as, "Can you help me?" Or something along those lines.
But do we really need to dumb down the chat to where you can't say things like this? Anything can be taken out of context. Why not just ban the phrase "Come here" or "I love you". Is there really a problem with ***ual escapades on this game?

Hello, my name is Squidgallows and I am here to talk about some of the things that we want added to this game before it is released outside of beta. I am going to be talking about things that need to be fixed, added and changed before we see the game leave beta.
This is a pretty good list of what they need to get done, but I believe the team is already working on all of the above to prepare for release. Also, they have a more comprehensive list than this. The "things that need to be fixed" are focused on the most, at least that's what it looks like if you pay attention to the release notes.
As for the "things that need to be changed", the chat filter has been disputed for a while and doesn't look to be going away anytime soon, but they have changed things around a little. Therefore future changes are not impossible. The naming guidelines are more or less set in stone, but if you can argue a good case for them I do not see why TLOPO would refuse the changes if they followed their guidelines. The team usually has a reason for the way they do things.
Finally, "things that need to be added". They have already said that Raven's Cove will be out in the near future. The rest of the legendary weapons come along with that. A TLOPO staff member recently said that some sort of improved inventory might be coming soon too.

This is a pretty good list of what they need to get done, but I believe the team is already working on all of the above to prepare for release. Also, they have a more comprehensive list than this. The "things that need to be fixed" are focused on the most, at least that's what it looks like if you pay attention to the release notes.
As for the "things that need to be changed", the chat filter has been disputed for a while and doesn't look to be going away anytime soon, but they have changed things around a little. Therefore future changes are not impossible. The naming guidelines are more or less set in stone, but if you can argue a good case for them I do not see why TLOPO would refuse the changes if they followed their guidelines. The team usually has a reason for the way they do things.
Finally, "things that need to be added". They have already said that Raven's Cove will be out in the near future. The rest of the legendary weapons come along with that. A TLOPO staff member recently said that some sort of improved inventory might be coming soon too.
In regards to the name system changing, my biggest argument is that it's a bit hypocritical to say you can't name your character after famous criminals. I say this because Blackbeard, Captain Kidd and all other pirates were in fact, criminals. I just think it needs to be updated, not completely taken away.

For the chat filter, I just think it's ridiculous to say that there is a ***ual escapade on the server. Once we start banning certain words, we can fall down a slippery slope. Don't get me wrong, in the context of this game, I think it's okay to ban bad words. But phrases taken out of context??? I don't know how I feel about that

For the chat filter, I just think it's ridiculous to say that there is a ***ual escapade on the server. Once we start banning certain words, we can fall down a slippery slope. Don't get me wrong, in the context of this game, I think it's okay to ban bad words. But phrases taken out of context??? I don't know how I feel about that
Phrases that have innocent meanings can always be rephrased. As I said earlier "do me a favor" can become "Can you please help me?" We have sequenced various phrases as I'm sure you've seen and it hasn't led to this said slippery slope (it's not something we've just started doing). We always ban for intent, we look at what was said and figure out whether it broke the rules. If you said "do me a favor" you will not receive any sort of warning/ban for that as your intent was perfectly fine.

Crashing - This is a huge problem that many people face. This is especially an issue when it comes to porting your ship after a plunder. A lot of the time, people will spend up to an hour on a mat run, and then lose everything due to a crash during porting.

Infinite Loading Screen - This is another very important issue in regards to crashing. The only difference, is that when this happens, the game doesn't crash... it freezes on the loading screen. This has happened to many pirates, including me.

Quest Tracker - When doing a quest, you often see an arrow in your compass/map that leads you to your destination. Except, a lot of the time, it doesn't. Instead, it takes you to a random location, not the one you need to be in. This has happened a lot during the Black Pearl Quest, and many others.

Name Guidlines - The guidelines for names are kind of ridiculous. You can't name your character after a criminal? Pirates were criminals. It makes no sense. Something needs to change with the naming system. I've made a post elsewhere about he hypocrisy of it, so read more about it there.

Raven's Cove Quest - Currently, the only main story quest in the game is the Black Pearl. This is great, lots of love, but the Raven's Cove Quest is where it's at BABY! It is the quest that allows you to enter El Patron's Mine and farm for legendary weapons... oh yeah, that reminds me.

Legendary Weapons - Famed weapons are nice, and they seperate a good pirate from a great pirate. But you know what separates a great pirate from a legendary one? Legendary weapons. The only one that is currently in the game is El Patron's Lost Sword. But what we all want, is the rest of those legendary weapons. And please, don't make them easy to find. Make them extremely difficult to find. Give us a reason to play for hours on end and farm for those things.

Some Sort of Inventory Expansion - I've touched on this in other posts, so read my thoughts on them there. As for here, everyone knows what I am talking about.

These are the things that need to be done before the game leaves beta. Share your thoughts down below.
As the others before me have said, the developers are working on readding the RC quest, legendary weapons, etc. Those will all be added in due time, and will be in before the full release of the game. The bugs will eventually be worked out as well, these are just some of the more troublesome ones that can take a lot of time to fix. As for the naming guidelines, they are that strict so as to avoid any confrontation with Disney over it. The same thing applies for the chat filter. If they seem too lenient and allow words/phrases that can easily be taken out of context or meant to be taken out of context, then Disney could possibly take action to protect their image. In essence, the restrictions and such are in place for the game's longevity. And, as said previously, if you want to suggest a word to add to the whitelist, you can do so on the thread, and, barring that it's inappropriate or something of the sort, it could be added into the game.

I am here to talk about some of the things that we want added

Hello Squidgallows! I'm not sure who the 'we' is that you speak of. Are you a spokesperson for a particular group of people?
No disrespect intended, but I'm really not sure, like if you meant your guild, your family, or is it just yourself because I don't think you would want to represent the Community in that way. The Community for the most part is very patient & understanding and would never give a to-do list to Tlopo, who we know has everything under control. They do like to listen to suggestions, but giving them a timeline just doesn't come off as being very respectful of them. They're working on things and it'll get done when it gets done.
Enjoy the game mate!

Hello Squidgallows! I'm not sure who the 'we' is that you speak of. Are you a spokesperson for a particular group of people?
No disrespect intended, but I'm really not sure, like if you meant your guild, your family, or is it just yourself because I don't think you would want to represent the Community in that way. The Community for the most part is very patient & understanding and would never give a to-do list to Tlopo, who we know has everything under control. They do like to listen to suggestions, but giving them a timeline just doesn't come off as being very respectful of them. They're working on things and it'll get done when it gets done.
Enjoy the game mate!
Hello. In regards to "we", I am speaking on behalf of the people who I have seen talk about some of these things. (Ex. Infinite loading screen, bigger inventory, crashing, etc.) I am in no way trying to represent the entire community. Also, I am in no way being disrespectful, nor am I giving a timeline. I am simply making a list of things that should to be fixed before the game enters full release. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely understand the team is working hard, and I'm not discrediting that. I am simply giving a list of things that should be fixed.

I understand it might seem like I am just giving the team a hard time, but I'm not. Going by that logic, you can argue the entire "Suggestions and Ideas" and "Bugs and Glitches" area of the forums do just that as well. I love this game, I really do. We have these forums as a way to discuss this game, and even to talk about some of the issues it has. People will always have the right to critique things they love. It is the reason communities get better.

I also hope that this post and this responce do not come off as disrespectful. I just feel like your comment might have been used to try and scare me into not talking about the problems in this game. Again, that might not be your intention, and I apologize if I came off as rude.

And trust me, this is the best recreation of Potco currently out there. Based on the numbers this game is pulling in, I would argue most people agree. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post, and I appreciate the communication that is being allowed to happen.

The chat is really frustrating. Basically anything misspelled is forbidden. And some words are ridicolous that you cannot write. Also you cannot name other Pirates in chat. It just shows up as Arr.

You're missing something...

60 FPS WOO HOO!

(I'm kidding, but I kinda want to challenege TLOPO if they can pull it off like TTR.)

Back