A healers open letter

ukebec

Wanted Pirate
Dear Pirate,

You see a pirate with a doll, healing other players. Most recently you saw a female pirate healing crew members fighting Darkhart, but I've seen you do this to males too, although less often. You decided to burst in, cutlasses blazing, being 20 levels below the foe.

And when, inevitably, you get knocked out what do you say? "Please help"? "Oh, no, I made a bad judgment call, would you mind...?"?

No. What comes out of your brain and into chat is "HEAL". When that doesn't get a response you try a subtler approach: "HEAL!!!!!"

Do you really think that's appropriate? You've barged in, where you weren't welcome to begin with, and then you're going to demand that someone save your bacon? There's no asking...it's a command like you're a Pharoah; "HEAL!!!!!"

Well, guess what, Sunshine. I'm not in the mood. If it weren't for the fact that Disney, and this forum, are PG rated, I would tell you exactly what I think of your attitude. I'll make do with telling you it's crass, it's rude and it pleases me to no end to see you evaporate to jail. I would no more spend 5 gold on a tonic to revive you than I would hug a Rage Ghost.

Common courtesy. Manners. Decency towards your fellow player. Those will get you a lot further in this game than thinking anyone who can heal you owes it to you to do so.

ageed they are rude. and then when they almost go to jail they yell out something like YOU NOOB WHY DIDNT YOU HEAL ME?!?!?!?!?!?! and im a guy and i will heal

Wow this sums it up perfectlly. If you go to a place where the enemies are much higher level than your own then expect to die if you didn't come with your own healer. In the first place they intrude when the spot is already occupied without even asking to join then demand healing. I know we're pirates; but there's gotta be some manners in there somewhere.

:iagree: I hate it when people just start attacking!!!! One time I even said I don't mind you joining but you could of at least asked. I also don't like it when people demand like that. Whenever I die, I always add a please in. I totally agree with you :)

I am with you totally on this one. *I mean...who do these pirates think they are?

We (as healers) "heal" because we decide to either (1.) level up our voodoo doll or, (2.) offer to assist others inorder to help them succeed within the game. We don't need to be yelled at or commanded to heal as if we were bad DOGS...
iStock_000004363077Small-300x174.jpg
I think the next time someone commands me to help heal them on the game, I am going to turn around & face them & bark out a loud, "WOOF!" *And that will be all :mad:

I am with you totally on this one. *I mean...who do these pirates think they are?

We (as healers) "heal" because we decide to either (1.) level up our voodoo doll or, (2.) offer to assist others inorder to help them succeed within the game. We don't need to be yelled at or commanded to heal as if we were bad DOGS...
iStock_000004363077Small-300x174.jpg
I think the next time someone commands me to help heal them on the game, I am going to turn around & face them & bark out a loud, "WOOF!" *And that will be all :mad:

off topic but your sig is awesome

Honestly, I wish the "Knocked Out" feature wasn't even implemented.
I remember your pirate would just fall over and end up in jail, end of story. Now, people scream and yell at you to heal, or revive. You know what? Your own fault. You barged in here. You thought you were all tough fighting higher level enemies. I would recommend leveling before you come over here... And then you demand a revive. It isn't my fault you got KOed, its yours.
My 2 cents. :p

I remember your pirate would just fall over and end up in jail, end of story. Now, people scream and yell at you to heal, or revive. You know what? Your own fault. You barged in here. You thought you were all tough fighting higher level enemies. I would recommend leveling before you come over here... And then you demand a revive. It isn't my fault you got KOed, its yours.

agreed

I personally liked the falling over and getting sent to jail better :rolleyes: Guess they couldn't keep a single thing from the good ol' pirates

Ok. I can agree with most of -all the above-except for "the spot is taken" and ppl should ask permission to play there as it is already occupied.
No. Everyone has a right to play any place on the game. If I go to DH or anywhere else and someone is playing there don't expect me to ask if I can play there...I will not be a very nice person if you say this to me. I pay to play and I will not ask anyone if I can play at any particular "spot" in the game just because others are already there. The servers are crowded enough and I won't go to 10 servers looking for an empty spot! :daggermouth:

I agree, if people are a lot lower than the enemy they should level up until they get at least one or two levels below enemy.And then they start yelling heal as if.... they're kings and are saying a command!I also agree that Disney shouldn't have added the revive thing.

I agree on the side that says that any pirate should be allowed to come to any place they want to. But it is up to their own discretion whether they should be in a place with higher level enemies when they are not, and unfortunately some players don't have that kind of good judgement. And it's rude to assume that somebody else around them are obligated to revive them when they are down. Being higher level or lower level, it's not anybody's obligation to revive any of us. It's just pure out of own graciousness. Crewing up with others nicely is one of those ways to do it.

One of my pet peeves is when I'm in the middle of killing certain enemies, and some ppl 'barged' in to kill the very enemies that I'm trying to kill. Unless it's a group kill (such as fighting a boss) I prefer that they choose other enemies around the very ones I'm working on; they are plenty of them around. And when I ask nicely not to kill the ones I'm fighting, they deliberately ignore me. :( After a while going back and forth bantering, I usually just stop and leave, even though I have been there first. Not worth to get a ban for.

And then, when they (or he - usually in my case, but could be a she) are ko-ed, they beg me to stop and drop what I'm doing to revive them. Well, guess what? I'm busy saving my own life! I can't just drop everything and come and help? It's not like I don't want to (well, party yes .... ;)); but I will get killed and we 'all' are going to lay dead if I stop what I'm doing. If they were to listen to what I was asking to begin with, and not to kill the enemies that I was trying to defeat, I might be nicer, and we could crew up and watch each other's health so that thing like that would work differently!

I have seen, many times, where a lower level will barge in to the gold room/thrall room/southern idol where I'm at and start kill stealing. But wait, they run out of ammo in the middle of fighting all four ghosts and they get KO. Then, I get the oh-so-annoying messages. "HEAL ME, HEAL ME OR I'LL REPORT YOU!" they yell as they helplessly lie on the ground. "REVIVE ME NOW, NOOB." I just '/smile' and say "Who's the noob, the one who rudely barges in to an occupied area and steals kills, or the one who just patiently waits?" and, of course, they get sent to jail and I just continue my business.
Word of advice, if you ever see an occupied area with higher level enemies than you, I would suggest being nice. And if you do happen to get KO, nicely ask "Could someone please revive me?" instead of barking out orders.

here's my rule heal them if they r helping ex. level 45-50 at foul with grand blunderbuss u heal them
ex. level 2 at foul with rusty cutlass you DO NOT heal xD
get what im saying? ( ex. 1 does not aplly if they r screaming at you and cussing you out bc ur not healing them )

Yea i agree with most of this stuff i mean u cant just go in and attack a hugher lvl and expect to live and im talking enemies at like 30 while they are 12 then they yell out REVIVE ME YOU NOOB and i just say do u know what a noob is if anything your the noob i mean u rly think ppl are gona heal u if ur not kind this problem gets rly bad durring invasions

Ok. I can agree with most of -all the above-except for "the spot is taken" and ppl should ask permission to play there as it is already occupied.
No. Everyone has a right to play any place on the game. If I go to DH or anywhere else and someone is playing there don't expect me to ask if I can play there...I will not be a very nice person if you say this to me. I pay to play and I will not ask anyone if I can play at any particular "spot" in the game just because others are already there. The servers are crowded enough and I won't go to 10 servers looking for an empty spot! :daggermouth:
Just my words Misty!!

I have tried that a couple of times now, and some pirates end up being very rude, like yelling at me to leave their spot and that I should get out of there or they call me B. I just give them a vacation to think things over. I'm not scared of hitting the report bottom.

I agree with most of the stuff being said here, the only thing I can't stand is when some one has been leveling at a enemy for 5 hours straight and wont let anyone join him.

To say my words about topic

Many pirates are just spoiled rude kids also called "curling kids" parents have saved their kids from all kinds of things where using brain were necessary for solving stuff and they have forgotten to fill in any moral in those kids.

I'm sorry I'm blaming it on the parents. Those kids are gonna have enough trouble in their life not being able to politely socialize with others.

Oh yeah and btw. To those kids I say:

"hey dude, I'm not gonna do anything to you, before you learn how to say please and thank you and be greatful for me helping you out"

they often go to jail before I type that in, but then they can think about that behind the bars.

Back