Discussion A massive thank you to TLOPO

Sal

Honorable Pirate
Hello fellow pirates!

Today I would like to discuss what the heck just happened, and thank TLOPO publicly for being as kind and helpful as they were. Let’s jump right into this. :)

So today, Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019 I was farming over at my main man Jimbo with a handful of other fine pirates. Things were chill in the seven seas, and we were having a good time. Now, keep in mind, I’ve only begun my journey into TLOPO less than 2 weeks ago, and I’m almost max notoriety, it’s kind of sad that I’ve been on that much, but also exciting. ;) Anyways, so since hitting notoriety 30, and completing the Raven’s Cove Quest immediately after, I’ve done nothing but Loot at Jimmy, and occasionally Twins/Pali. Some of you fine looters may have seen me there as I’ve been straight looting for 12+ hours almost 7 days in a row. My hope, was to get my first legendary in TLOPO no matter what it may be.

Well.
This happened:
(Watch the video before reading further into the thread for the full experience haha)

Well. That was sure depressing. (For me at least, some of the others in the call found it hysterical xD)

Notice, SAD, by XXX was playing in my playlist as this happened in the second half of the video. Pretty great, huh?

Yeah, so that happened. I was ready to either quit TLOPO and just remain active through the forums (because I love this place <3), or take a break for a few weeks to a month. However nonetheless, I was hurt, bad. All this time I’ve been hoping to get my hands on one of these beautiful legendary, cursed, red-card weapons. The unlikely possibility that this moment finally came, and then for something to go wrong as it did, was heartbreaking, no heart wrenching. So, I decided to email TLOPO support, as I was, at that point in time, desperate and didn’t want to accept that the weapon I had almost, so closely achieved, vanished as fast as it had come. I like to write, so emailed them a several paragraph long email explaining what had happened, how I’d felt, and recreating the issue as to how it vanished step by step. I linked my video to the email, and waited. I told myself I’d be lucky if they replied after about 48 hours. But... This happened:

**TLOPO Crew**

Ahoy there,

We almost never give out codes like this for legendaries. Players can
easily fake video footage and screenshots to get a fake legendary.”

After reading this far into it, I already knew the answer was no. However, in a split second, my eye continued on, and It read:

However, given the evidence that's been provided, we are making an exception.

Please redeem the code "***********" without the quotes. Make sure
there's space in your inventory before redeeming the code.”

I lost it. I was ecstatic! Not only did they actually return the item, but they replied in less than an hour! That, ladies and gentlemen, is dedication. That, is what TLOPO is. Dedication, hard work, and care for the community. Again, I wanted to publicly say this, because I cannot express my gratitude enough.

Thank you TLOPO Crew! :) <3

Real quick, a lot of pirates warned me that some are quite bothered that I was returned my weapon, as this instance has happened before and items have not been returned. I want to confirm that this was only the case due to the **Video Evidence** proving that the issue I explained happened was the true. For those whom have had the issue and not a returned item, only screenshots have been provided sadly.

As well as, this sounds really dumb, but I want to also state in this post that the only reason I was recording, was because I do YouTube. However, I only did YouTube on Multiplayer Servers on MineCraft, hence my channel in which the video was posted as unlisted with 5k Subscribers.

I want to announce that I plan on creating a second channel “Sal - TLOPO” in which I will be uploading videos and streaming on. I will also be shouting my second channel out on my main channel, so hopefully we can perhaps encounter some new pirates throughout these seven seas! Aye! Looking forward to your thoughts as to if I should pursue this, and what would be good to upload!

If you read all this, haha fun. I like to write a lot, so when I begin something, it goes on quite long. Hope you enjoyed this story, video, public thank you, announcement, introduction, whatever you’d call it. Haha hope it passed the time by for ya!

Take care!
~Sal

Sad Emoji if you cried too :(
This has to be one of the most funniest unexpected recorded TLOPO Moments, made my day 100 times better that I had to make it into the perfect meme format. Hope you don't mind video is unlisted :D
I love it haha! :D

Was there at jimmy when you lost it, I felt so bad for you! It's unfortunate that some people are bothered by this..
This goes to show how much the tlopo devs care for the community! So happy you got it back!!

...That, is what TLOPO is. Dedication, hard work, and care for the community. Again, I wanted to publicly say this, because I cannot express my gratitude enough.

Thank you TLOPO Crew! :)<3
A lot of good, decent people striving to do what they can to keep the rest of us pirates from the gallows (and to endure a short drop & sudden stop).

Although the legality of POTCO being remade is controversial to some, one cannot deny the resolve the TLOPO team has for the sake, interest, and fun of the gaming enthusiast/stranger. ;)

Very happy for you but not super sure about the fairness of the developers decision.
Can't pass judgement on staff actions, but perhaps the OP didn't realize that you only have so much time to click any container before they go away. It seemed like operator error which I've seen many times and many people have happened to them and they laugh it off including myself as explained on another thread. Nice of them to do so, but I'm with you about the fairness to all the others this happens to as well as tlopo rules and bylaws. Oh well.

Back