Discussion A New Simulator in the Caribbean: Pirates Online Simulator!!!

Argh yarr ready for PotC DMTNT

• Total voters
I'm not meaning to add on all the hate here, however I believe that my stance towards PotCO had always been quite clear - that I was never a fan of the remakes made after it, and yes that includes TLOPO, Pirates Retribution, Pirates of the High Seas, Golden Sea.. whatever they were called, I've lost count. So yet another remake to be announced here.

The problem isn't the salt in this case, nor the discouraging stance of the community. The problem isn't even that they are trying to ''REMAKE'' a game that has been long dead. I'll be frank and quite snippy but I have been honestly utterly tired of hearing the word remake and seeing the word pirate around. The problem is that people need to put a big HALT. Put a big, huge HALT and think to about what you're going to do next. And this goes for this young person here as all the others before him trying or hoping to make remakes.

If you want to dab into coding, programming and graphics then yes, of course do it. Be my guest, this is what @Bart Gunshot said above to, you learn by experience. There's no arguing that. HOWEVER, do so privately. You announced yourself that you just started with all this, you announced your age and the lack of serious knowledge. Even if you can do miracles - which aren't discouraged - just try work on your own privately. Create your own project from zero. Do not just take ideas that tons of others have taken and tossed around. This is no originality and with no originality and your own unique idea about a project, comes no passion. And with no passion, comes nothing new, nothing innovative, no struggle, nor joy.

If you wish to learn, take up as many projects privately as you can. Many different ones that will show your skill and abilities. Don't latch on on this long dead and frankly oldfashioned game. There's so much more to be done and much better opportunities out there for a young fellow like you if you really do wish to get in this sort of fields than taking such a burden on you, because this is what it is based on what you announced, a simple burden.

That is all, sorry for the pessimism everyone :2 cents:
Irene... I can't believe you have been so pessimistic... this game is not "Long Dead" it never died, it is back not only once but more than once!;)

(Look at all the real problems in the World... isn't it great we can do this)

I understand your advice for young players (in programming)... there are only so many re-makes that the market can stand but what is the difference between POTCO and TLOPO? TLOPO is better and has more to offer? (without legalism)

If you and others have found something else to fill your time with in the "Game World/or Real World" many of us, like me and the rest of the people bringing this back and the tens/hundreds of thousands signing up still want this "MMO World"... I've found no other that has interested me, not before or after, or probably ever.
So here we go... let's see how far we can sail till the edge!:jack:

PS. I encourage you and everyone that doubts the fun of POTCO to ditch any other virtual personalities or avatars and try being a Pirate in TLOPO!:piratemickey:
Not exactly today but soon :eek:

:pirate ship:

Last edited:
Ahoy there mayeys,

I CapnNickSparrow, leader of the youtube channel: Nick Sparrow Studios, have a early special annouchment!!!
as some of you I am jusy a boy of 15 years old and I live in the Netherlands.

I am watching the recreations of PotCO since PotCO closed in 2013.

I always wanted to make such remake too!!!

a few weeks ago I wenr to Python and C++ Lessons to make one my own.

my teachers told me I was going so fast, that they wanted to give me the test earlier and I passed for both!!! So now I control most codes.

I started right away on the game and quess what it is working the another remake landwalker gave me a little headstart, but I solved a lot of bugs and created better textures, more animation and soon a whole new Island. I created my own launcher.ect....

I am searching for some Python and C++ writers to make the project go faster.

The project is probaly gonna fail, but it is worth a shot.

The game is not online yet, I have let some people test and they said that is was awesome, but I am still working on it.

My head priority now is getting loyale crew, a good website and secruity for the codes I (and the part that another remake created back than) created.

Keep in mind this a simulator, this will be a offline game, I want to create a crew hiring system, so you have

if yarr want to work with me PM me or send a mail to nicksparrow009@gmail.com

Also here you have a little preview of the launcher:
oP1Jqi8.jpg
Oh... lol. I've been to the Netherlands a couple of times, English is a second language... interesting post, good jike?;)
:pirate ship:

ok, so if I understand correctly, TLoPO is giving workshops for coding, that could be minigames....
that would be awesome!!!

and 4 the others, my game is almost ready 4 Early Access, will be done next week.

keep a eye on the horizon(Nick Sparrow Studios)

ok, so if I understand correctly, TLoPO is giving workshops for coding, that could be minigames....
that would be awesome!!!
Nope. That is untrue.

Thus far, TLOPO has not agreed to do such a thing - which is their choice - despite myself trying to encourage them to do so.

that would be awesome!!!

and 4 the others, my game is almost ready 4 Early Access, will be done next week.

keep a eye on the horizon(Nick Sparrow Studios)
No, none of that is true... well your game might be but thankfully the workshops aren't happening, as awesome as that would be that would cause time taken away from TLOPO getting fixed/updated etc.

No, none of that is true... well your game might be but thankfully the workshops aren't happening, as awesome as that would be that would cause time taken away from TLOPO getting fixed/updated etc.
@CapnNickSparrow - Some advice I give to you, if you're willing to maybe take it. :)

Do things first to assure that your plans won't be ruined. That way, you wouldn't have wasted your own time doing that which is a goal to you. (In POTCO's days, this concept is no different than plugging the holes in the ship in order for the ship itself to not be sunk. Granted, in game development [I'm sure] there are plenty of holes to be repaired...it would all been for nothing if you would have waited too long to do certain things to assure the longevity of yer plans. This is why I had suggested earlier that an 'education' or workshop aspect been implemented. Others don't see it that way and so, there is nothing I can do about that).

If you're wanting to simulate Pirates Online, I would consider writing your own OTP server for the original client that Disney distributed off of the official website. I would highly recommend looking at these lectures regarding Disney's original OTP server (and its internals) that our (as in the community) good friend David Rose uploaded on his channel, found here, here, and here. I have actually been writing my own implementation of the OTP server in Python, and I can say that those lectures do help a ton as far as needing to know how to create the server. Of course, you will also need a good understanding of Panda3D's DistributedClass (DCClass, or DC for short) as well as DistributedObjects (explained in some of the lectures).

I hope the information I have provided you above will help you on your journey, Nick! Good luck!

Best regards,
Xamarin

EDIT: Just in case it may not have been clear, the "OTP" server stands for Online Theme Park. It was Disney's original server framework that all of their MMOs (Pirates of the Caribbean Online, ToonTown Online, Club Penguin, Pixie Hollow Online, and Cars Online) used as the server protocol. In a sense, by emulating the OTP server, you can allow the original client to connect to your server that you have written. This server can be written in various languages (I know of a few, some in Python, and some in C/C#). Hope this clears any confusion up.

Last edited:
@Xamarin srry, but I don't understand..... a server?
If yess, I don't need a server, a simulate it on a python file that loads up excisting files, it won't be online with friends.
I will try to simulate the friends part with a crew hiring system.

@Shamus The Brute I will take your advice, but I still need a hope to learn, so I will hire some members, but I take only good people, I had some messages, but they were not so friendly, except for one guy.

but I will work for now on my own, just to make sure I can reach the Early Access states.
I almost completed it, it will launch on May 26th 2017.

here is some details about my work so far:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MobmjlVAvD4

all bugs I came up with are fixed,
except for the one that Rambleshack still doesn't have buildings

Well as long as you are having fun doing it thats all that matters. And I believe this guys point is to make it like a offline version or something but either way its neat to see the game taken apart regardless.

Well as long as you are having fun doing it thats all that matters. And I believe this guys point is to make it like a offline version or something but either way its neat to see the game taken apart regardless.
Aye that's true.
I have, and indeed even if the game won't make it I will be proud.

for everyone: this project will probaly fail. so don't get to hyped, cuz if it will fail, don't be dissapionted

"May the wind be in your sails"
~CapnNickSparrow

@Xamarin srry, but I don't understand..... a server?
If yess, I don't need a server, a simulate it on a python file that loads up excisting files, it won't be online with friends.
I will try to simulate the friends part with a crew hiring system.

Most of the systems that you will have to recreate are (somewhat) included within the dumped and decompiled client. Your "version" of the game seems to be Pirates Online Rewritten's old landwalker, which doesn't actually use any of the game's code. It's just an actor walking around on some of the islands used from the phase files. If you're wanting an true recreation of the game as it was, you'd have to emulate Disney's OTP server (which is 100% necessary, whether it is supposed to be offline or not), of which I explained in my previous post.

Good luck on your journey, mate!

Ahoy there mayeys,

I CapnNickSparrow, leader of the youtube channel: Nick Sparrow Studios, have a early special annouchment!!!
as some of you I am jusy a boy of 15 years old and I live in the Netherlands.

I am watching the recreations of PotCO since PotCO closed in 2013.

I always wanted to make such remake too!!!

a few weeks ago I wenr to Python and C++ Lessons to make one my own.

my teachers told me I was going so fast, that they wanted to give me the test earlier and I passed for both!!! So now I control most codes.

I started right away on the game and quess what it is working the another remake landwalker gave me a little headstart, but I solved a lot of bugs and created better textures, more animation and soon a whole new Island. I created my own launcher.ect....

I am searching for some Python and C++ writers to make the project go faster.

The project is probaly gonna fail, but it is worth a shot.

The game is not online yet, I have let some people test and they said that is was awesome, but I am still working on it.

My head priority now is getting loyale crew, a good website and secruity for the codes I (and the part that another remake created back than) created.

Keep in mind this a simulator, this will be a offline game, I want to create a crew hiring system, so you have

if yarr want to work with me PM me or send a mail to nicksparrow009@gmail.com

Also here you have a little preview of the launcher:
oP1Jqi8.jpg
I wish you all the best. I think Kat is right that you should be cautious of anything that could be said to damage Disney's bottom line or image unless you have a license from them (you must be aware that TLOPO has been afraid to ask, likely with good reason), your project being more private gives you an advantage in that but still, copyright law may come into play if you are careless.

I assumed your poll is about the movie, is that true or do you plan to name your game that?

I wish you all the best. I think Kat is right that you should be cautious of anything that could be said to damage Disney's bottom line or image unless you have a license from them (you must be aware that TLOPO has been afraid to ask, likely with good reason), your project being more private gives you an advantage in that but still, copyright law may come into play if you are careless.

I assumed your poll is about the movie, is that true or do you plan to name your game that?
Aye I understand.
and yess, it's about the movie, my game is called POS

Back