A pretty URGENT suggestion.

Is this a problem?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would love extra inventory space too, since I like hoarding stuff / having varied outfits- - but I wouldn't quite say that I'd consider this feature "urgent." I think getting the game up and running in a stable manner, squishing bugs, and moving into open beta are more primary focuses at the moment. After then, I will wish for that extra inventory space.

ab645d4f-8988-4711-a2e8-abadebee4129
SEE

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-2_19-31-10.png
    upload_2017-7-2_19-31-10.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 224
I don't get it-sorry. Your full inventory just tells me you need to start another pirate. We have slots for 6 pirates. It seems that setup is perfect for role players. You want to role play with red, black, neon blue pirate-bring him on. You want to play with orange, neon green, or purple pirate-bring that one online. You want one that specializes in pvp or sailing or voodoo dolls and staffs-bring them on when you want. With that said, sure, increase the inventory slots when you get a chance developers.

I don't get it-sorry. Your full inventory just tells me you need to start another pirate. We have slots for 6 pirates. It seems that setup is perfect for role players. You want to role play with red, black, neon blue pirate-bring him on. You want to play with orange, neon green, or purple pirate-bring that one online. You want one that specializes in pvp or sailing or voodoo dolls and staffs-bring them on when you want. With that said, sure, increase the inventory slots when you get a chance developers.
Do you not understand how long it takes to switch pirates and get back in the same place for role play?
That's without crashing!

Too much stuff, not enough space?
Get the Vacuum sealed storage bags™ from ziplock™ to free up some space to get looting again! Order now at the low, low retail price of 4999 gold (+shipping & handing) for the bags. But wait! There's more! Order right nao and they'll throw in a second order, for only another 4999! (+shipping & handling)
Is it bad that not only do I remember those commercials, but this is the first thing I thought of for a solution was along the lines of, and-I-quote; Putting storage bags, INSIDE of other storage bags! Although honestly t

But in all honesty, yes, we are lacking in the storage department. And it gets annoying having the inventory full alert almost immediately after nearly emptying it out, so more storage space would be a huge plus.
Now that I think about it, it's thanks to Fallout 4 that I am a pack rat (and somewhat kleptomaniacal {in games only}) and will take everything and anything that isn't bolted to the floor... then will proceed to take what is bolted down along with the bolts used to secure them. (Go ahead, call me crazy, but I'll be the one laughing when I come across an enemy that is specifically has a weakness to 34 empty bottles of rum, a dozen wooden plates, and a jar of dirt! Who's crazy nao?)... so THAT must be why I have such a claustrophobia inducing inventory in every game I play ... huh...
:p

Last edited:
Yes, I do understand, but I've played POTCO so I knew of the limitations of inventory ahead of time and accept that fact. I also know each consecutive pirate gets easier and easier to level. I am suggesting to future or beginning role players that require a huge collection of outfits that you should plan on having multiple pirates. It may be too late for you, Jack, or too hard to start a second one at this point but since we are still in Beta and our pirates are supposed to carryover when the game is fully operational it might be an option to consider because I HIGHLY doubt you will see an increase in the inventory fast enough to suit you and I see you having to trash more items in the future (or sell them if not maxed out there too). So you can keep having to trash/sell stuff, develop a new pirate and plan a designated role or multiple roles for him, or pray nightly that the developers are merciful and grant your wish expediently. Good luck!

Yes, I do understand, but I've played POTCO so I knew of the limitations of inventory ahead of time and accept that fact. I also know each consecutive pirate gets easier and easier to level. I am suggesting to future or beginning role players that require a huge collection of outfits that you should plan on having multiple pirates. It may be too late for you, Jack, or too hard to start a second one at this point but since we are still in Beta and our pirates are supposed to carryover when the game is fully operational it might be an option to consider because I HIGHLY doubt you will see an increase in the inventory fast enough to suit you and I see you having to trash more items in the future (or sell them if not maxed out there too). So you can keep having to trash/sell stuff, develop a new pirate and plan a designated role or multiple roles for him, or pray nightly that the developers are merciful and grant your wish expediently. Good luck!
In a very nice and humble way I'd like to say that basically everyone here has played POTCO.
Your acting like you're the only one who has played POTCO and that none of us knew that inventory space was severely limited. I played POTCO and I was a higher level than my TLOPO pirate. The only thing that changed is that I got a lot of brights in TLOPO and have enjoyed getting new collections of clothes.

In a very nice and humble way I'd like to say that basically everyone here has played POTCO.
Your acting like you're the only one who has played POTCO and that none of us knew that inventory space was severely limited. I played POTCO and I was a higher level than my TLOPO pirate. The only thing that changed is that I got a lot of brights in TLOPO and have enjoyed getting new collections of clothes.
Making me realize how limited space really is.

I actual have a better idea of how this might work.

Very simple. What if we just had another page of inventory for clothes?
Extremely simple right? You have 2 pages of inventory space for clothes now?

I felt the same way when I started the game. I thought space was fine until I started looting brights and dark blacks.
Jack Cannonskull

No, Jack, I assume most people have played the game. My mistake was assuming you had not based on your statement above. You allowed yourself to become enamored with these brights and despite knowing of the limited amount of space available you did not start another pirate to be able to collect more of these outfits for your role playing pleasure. Then, when you started having to trash or sell other items you then felt compelled to post on the forum that you though this situation "urgently needs to be resolved". You then precede to criticize the first people that voted no, said another pirate wasn't qualified to address the issue, commented about the TLOPO team being mad because they questioned that, then went after another pirate claiming he was picking on your post because you had a different opinion about trading then he did. I appreciate your fervor for this idea but you need to be a little less defensive. The developers are not going to deny your request simply because other people disagree with you. The vote is still running in favor of it being a problem. I actually like your idea of the second page of inventory. It sounds like a good idea. I hope that once the game is brought up to a consistent standard of play-ability that the inventory issue is one of the first things they work on.

I felt the same way when I started the game. I thought space was fine until I started looting brights and dark blacks.
Jack Cannonskull

No, Jack, I assume most people have played the game. My mistake was assuming you had not based on your statement above. You allowed yourself to become enamored with these brights and despite knowing of the limited amount of space available you did not start another pirate to be able to collect more of these outfits for your role playing pleasure. Then, when you started having to trash or sell other items you then felt compelled to post on the forum that you though this situation "urgently needs to be resolved". You then precede to criticize the first people that voted no, said another pirate wasn't qualified to address the issue, commented about the TLOPO team being mad because they questioned that, then went after another pirate claiming he was picking on your post because you had a different opinion about trading then he did. I appreciate your fervor for this idea but you need to be a little less defensive. The developers are not going to deny your request simply because other people disagree with you. The vote is still running in favor of it being a problem. I actually like your idea of the second page of inventory. It sounds like a good idea. I hope that once the game is brought up to a consistent standard of play-ability that the inventory issue is one of the first things they work on.
Alright I have a few things to say then.
First and foremost I would like to apologize to all of those who voted NO. I'm am sorry for being very defensive and criticizing those who voted NO on this thread or any other polls I have made. I'm afraid that when I make a poll I either think it's a controversial idea (an issue that one player might like but another might despise) or an issue that is not controversial (meaning it's pointless to argue with because even if you don't need the addition other players might and it wont really affect you if it was added. In two polls I have made (I think their my only 2) One was about adding dreadlocks to the game and the other was this one. I thought both in both of these polls everyone would vote yes (or basically everyone). I didn't see any reason to argue with something like the addition of dreadlocks, where you don't have to have them if you don't want them. Or more inventory space, that you don't have to use if you don't need it, but my point is that I assumed that this would cause no controversy because:
1. It's very minor
2. It wont affect you if you don't need or use it
As someone said in a trading post, everything in this community seems to cause controversy. It's strange but I suppose it's true. Some people might think that the addition of inventory space might be fine for the game. Yet others may disagree. For what reason? I'm not sure. It seems most people are saying that "They don't need more space." Which is probably why I got so angry, because the point of my argument was you might not need it and you don't have to use it, but others might want it or need it.

I apologize for that.

Now before I come to closing this post I have to say that this may seem contradictory to some posts I have made in the idea of trading. Now the reason I am against trading is because I think very controversial:
1. Way more people care if this is added or isn't added
2. The arguments are close
3. This is something that could affect the game in a big way
So yes I know that if trading is added "You don't have to trade." But the problem with not trading is the way it could affect you if you don't trade. For example: Other people will be getting more powerful weapons. (This gives advantage in SvS or PvP.

Finally: I think I messed up on a post a made a few other posts above. I did play POTCO for a very long time. I was not a very good looter though. I did not loot for long periods of time and had 0 fames (besides one I got from an event and the one you get from the El Patron Chest)
As far as I can remember I had 0 brights or dark blacks (if I did have them I didn't understand that they were rare because I wasn't very involved in the forums and didn't get that's why people wore them. I don't really remember not having enough inventory space.

So though I played POTCO coming in to TLOPO I wasn't extremely aware that there wasn't much inventory space. What changed is that I became a much better loot and got 5 fames from skull chests (six if you include a dup I sold). But most importantly I looted a lot of brights and a dark black (with more to come). At this point I had learned that brights and dark blacks were rare so I of course didn't sell most of them. My inventory started stacking up and I realized how limited space really was. I also wanted to complete the clothing quest I did in POTCO so that of course stacked my inventory up even more. I did say @Ozan was not qualified to vote on this based on his lvl (meaning he didn't understand how limited space was since he didn't have much loot. Now I would be fine with @Ozan posting this if he had played POTCO and gotten far. (I'm unclear on if he did or not. But I just thought he was not qualified to post that (not knowing how limited space gets). I apologize for that as well....

The issue of inventory space is pretty much as old as the game itself.

Solutions range from simply adding a second page to the idea of creating a captains cabin.

I'm not a programmer but I can see the issue of just adding more slots to existing character inventory. Let alone creating entirely new methods etc.

While I would love a shipboard wardrobe, even just a few more spaces would be appreciated

Back