Question A Question: Does Drain Voodoo Work?

Tereysa de las Sombras

Honorable Pirate
Whenever I fight General Hex, I generally expect that if I drain all of his voodoo, he won't be able to use any hexes to attack me. Yet he still does. Even with an empty bar. Is this supposed to happen? And if so, doesn't that make the ability somewhat redundant?
Unless you plan on stealing some voodoo from an enemy and them immediately switching back to doll or staff, I can't see any practical applications of this ability. Once you reach a high enough level of doll and staff, you'll be able to regenerate most of what you used up very quickly, and would be better off simply waiting for the bar to refill. Is there some other utility for this ability that I'm missing?

I believe their voodoo recovery rate is high, and they use their ability right as they recover their voodoo. Voodoo drain as of now is just limiting / delaying attacks.

I believe their voodoo recovery rate is high, and they use their ability right as they recover their voodoo. Voodoo drain as of now is just limiting / delaying attacks.
I've never seen it able to delay them. Even when attacking them consistently to the point where they couldn't possibly regenerate enough for more than a poke, they're still casting more powerful ones such as Scorch and Grave Shackles. Maybe it does postpone them since I'm not watching the clock as I attack, but I have a feeling that the voodoo meter might just be a visual thing for enemies.

I've never seen it able to delay them. Even when attacking them consistently to the point where they couldn't possibly regenerate enough for more than a poke, they're still casting more powerful ones such as Scorch and Grave Shackles. Maybe it does postpone them since I'm not watching the clock as I attack, but I have a feeling that the voodoo meter might just be a visual thing for enemies.
I'm sure it delays them, they only cast one spell every once in a while (when they regen their voodoo). Instead of just casting every few seconds as they would normally do with full mana.

I've seen a few members drain voodoo (also such as myself when I use a cursed Treachery's End blade) and it stops them from attacking, or doing big damage. So it can work, but it probably depends on the weapon, your level, and the weapon's level.

I am pretty sure that it does. It is not as powerful as the Voodoo Damage skill but you see the enemy’s voodoo go down and you seem to take less damage. I’ve noticed that the enemies continue to display the voodoo spell animations as though they are unaffected but it seems to me that that is just a visual bug and you don’t get the damage that their spell casting would indicate.

Back