A quick movie button

Marquii

Sea Legs
Selling items can be a pain, having to move 1 item at a time, and it sometimes glitching and not moving at all.

So what if there was a quick movie button, like the shift click in Minecraft and many other mmo games.

It would save time, and make selling items more enjoyable.

Selling items can be a pain, having to move 1 item at a time, and it sometimes glitching and not moving at all.

So what if there was a quick movie button, like the shift click in Minecraft and many other mmo games.

It would save time, and make selling items more enjoyable.
It's already in the game as a function that RETURNS your item FROM the seller screen instantly with one click.
I don't know why we can't have that both ways. That alone would be huge.

I never play Minecraft so idk what you are talking about, tbh. I was thinking of a system like you is use in emails, were you can select what you want to sell and then hit a sell button.

I never play Minecraft so idk what you are talking about, tbh. I was thinking of a system like you is use in emails, were you can select what you want to sell and then hit a sell button.
Lots of times when I look at things, I don't just think what it takes to fix them, I think about why they are still the way they are and haven't been changed. Like selling mechanics. The devs are fully aware how painful selling is, so what is the reason to leave it as it is?
Coding? Work flow assignments? Server space? IDK.
But I really can't see any reason to keep it as it is, even little kids can run circles around me with computers and iphones today.

Just adding that reverse click to choosing items would probably satisfy just about everyone. And you just click on 6 items, you can take the time to still double check them and it still would be minutes faster than now.

And as I've written before, this would be a game specific change, not a personal one. Not some subjective thing like loot. I've been here over a year and I've never read a single member commenting on how they love the selling feature. The complaints aren't just on this forum, I see it out in the game almost every day.

So here we sit.

Last edited:
Lots of times when I look at things, I don't just think what it takes to fix them, I think about why they are still the way they are and haven't been changed. Like selling mechanics.
I think that the devs maybe don't see this as an important and urgent issue. And that adding it would not change much. Also, I find that they don't really create updates like this. Its mostly bug fixes or content updates really. But yeah this would definitely make it easier, tho I belive that they think its not worth their time.

I think that the devs maybe don't see this as an important and urgent issue. And that adding it would not change much. Also, I find that they don't really create updates like this. Its mostly bug fixes or content updates really. But yeah this would definitely make it easier, tho I belive that they think its not worth their time.
I think it's not really that it's not worth their time but more they have more pressing issues and view bugs as more important to fix, of course this might fall under the new content name flag which is a different group of developers who have been more focused on keeping high level players interested with high level expansions. Would you rather they shift to more of this kind of thing? I'm uncertain as I don't view this as a big deal but it would be nice to have a more efficient selling system.

Well, I agree pretty much with your contention. The devs have reasons that maybe none of us thought about in the first place, so double guessing those in control and know is probably wasting our time.

BUT, I've seen tons of freebie games, indi and even larger brand name supported games stumble and fail because their core playing mechanics were flawed and cumbersome. When looking at the reviews of these games the complaints were a majority of the time about game control issues and character manipulation in the game world. Things that should have been fluid and intuitive were poorly addressed. Simple tasks had complaints of time and clumsiness. People complained about simple functions taken for granted weren't polished. These aren't glitches, they are just playing mechanics that should have been more polished or even finished.

I think a good game takes care of your mundane tasks to make them almost transparent. Spending an hour sailing only to port and go to a vendor and sit there for another half hour is NOT conductive to a great game experience. And this is just selling weapons. Not even getting to clothes.

Every aspect of a game should have some thought to it, some time to study the actions and when a large body of the member community are in complete agreement about a ancient archaic simple function of the game needs fixing, yes, it isn't broke, but it might as well be, then perhaps the devs should listen and at least try to pencil in a few minutes to discuss this issue with the group. I've never seen this issue in any dev list or things to do list from what I can tell. I'm not alone here bleating into the wind. Other members have agreed as well.

I was out of town at a reunion and I let my 11 year old niece and her 12 year old brother play tlopo on my mac. After they figured out the right mouse button glitch and used keys instead, they picked the game up real quick. I sat near and coached them. Sue liked the clothes and so did Sam, and when we went to sell stuff, Sue says "this is taking fooooreveeer". Sam didn't mind it too much but said it's really old and have I had this since I was a kid? I didn't really know what to say to that. lol. Both kids said, even though it looked dated, they still liked the graphics. I had everything up so I'm not sure what they meant by dated graphics.m They didn't explain.

But they liked it but thought it was too young a game for them. Sam plays games like overwatch and fortnight so he's used to flying around a full speed. Sue liked it better and I felt she was more into tlopo. To be fair, we didn't have the time to really get into it, so I don't think they got a full taste of the game. But enough that they both judged it a younger type game. I didn't say a word about it until well after, even a day or two later. I told them it was from Disney and they thought it was cool because of the movies too. I told Sue if she wanted to play it on her home computer to tell her Mom and I would help them dl it and stuff. It was a learning experience with me too to see young computer aware kids try tlopo. Sam, not too much. Sam is the opposite of me, he likes fast action trigger happy stuff and I don't any more.

I think I might have hooked Sue, but Sam got away. We'll see if she emails me about tlopo.

GL

The argument of "Well i would rather the devs be doing something else" is practically invalid on this type of idea. For a Dev team, even a single developer, something like this is such a small couple lines of code that just involves adding a Shift-click mechanic onto items to be able to move them into the selling inventory. Yes, there might be bugs involved, but it's coding child's play.

Back