Blog Post A SWASHBUCKLING SAVVY UPDATE!

974199765f7af234bbe81e26a5eb30be.jpg_558x314.jpg

Posted by The Crew on May 18, 2018, midnight

Ahoy, everyone! How are ye? It’s been a while!

Many of you have noticed we haven’t had an update in quite some time! Over a month, to be exact! We’ve heard your concerns over these past few weeks, but never fear! We are back!

Instead of releasing little updates here and there, we decided to try something new: Work on the game off to the side for awhile, getting a bunch of stuff done and polished.

We wanted this update to be really special. We put our focus on a quality of life release. Fixes and content for everyone - in every playstyle.

What content, you ask? Well, head on over to our release notes page for the full scoop (there’s a lot!), but for now, here’s an “at a glance” preview:

Guilds are a huge part of TLOPO, and we wanted to give you all something special. A new Co-Guildmaster rank is live, alongside several overhauls to fix rampant abuse with the invite code system.

We’ve been also hearing a lot of outcry from the PvP community. PvP has been in a buggy state for quite some time. It needed a lot of love. We’ve added a ton of fixes, alongside functionality for more than just 1v1 matches. Everything from 3-man, 4-man, all the way up to 8-man matches are now available! And we aren’t done with PvP yet. We’re aware of how highly requested Team PvP is. All we’ll say is this… keep a weather eye on the horizon.

There are a lot more things that we have added in this update as well. Each of the major additions will get their own spotlight posts in the coming weeks, detailing everything that’s changed.

On the bugfix side of things, we’ve fixed a lot of stuff. Invasions have been cleaned up a ton, alongside the following. Again, if you want all the details, head on over to our release notes page.

We’ve tweaked the way enemy ships perform, which should hopefully improve the issues with broadsides and jittery NPC ships. In addition, we hope to fix the more prevalent bugs with SvS soon. SvS community, you’ll get your chance too! We haven’t forgotten about you. We promise!

We know there’s a lot more that needs to be polished, from the Queen Anne’s Revenge disabling player ships, to quest issues, to sailing loot being quite… inconsistent. Fixes are coming. Just sit tight a little longer. We appreciate your patience with these issues, especially for the ones that have been around for quite awhile. Some things, unfortunately, take a long time to crack.

So, what do you think about this update? What do you like? What could we improve on? What do you want to see next? Sound off in the comments! We love to hear your feedback!

Fair winds, and see ye soon!

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

Last edited:
So, what do you think about this update? What do you like? What could we improve on? What do you want to see next? Sound off in the comments! We love to hear your feedback!
I like the update, but it could have used more color.
What I specifically like about this update is that it shows how far we have progressed as a community. I remember when fishing and potions were the only option for any pirate in the early stages of TLOPO. Now, we are able to do so much more, and I am grateful for that. I am also very thankful that the TLOPO staff also takes into consideration what the players desire.
However, we can improve on bringing back Mood Rock. That would be an update I would like to see next.
Besides that one flaw, I would say this has been a great update.

View attachment 103748
Posted by The Crew on May 18, 2018, midnight

Ahoy, everyone! How are ye? It’s been awhile!

Many of you have noticed we haven’t had an update in quite some time! Over a month, to be exact! We’ve heard your concerns over these past few weeks, but never fear! We are back!

Instead of releasing little updates here and there, we decided to try something new: Work on the game off to the side for awhile, getting a bunch of stuff done and polished.

We wanted this update to be really special. We put our focus on a quality of life release. Fixes and content for everyone - in every playstyle.

What content, you ask? Well, head on over to our release notes page for the full scoop (there’s a lot!), but for now, here’s an “at a glance” preview:

Guilds are a huge part of TLOPO, and we wanted to give you all something special. A new Co-Guildmaster rank is live, alongside several overhauls to fix rampant abuse with the invite code system.

We’ve been also hearing a lot of outcry from the PvP community. PvP has been in a buggy state for quite some time. It needed a lot of love. We’ve added a ton of fixes, alongside functionality for more than just 1v1 matches. Everything from 3-man, 4-man, all the way up to 8-man matches are now available! And we aren’t done with PvP yet. We’re aware of how highly requested Team PvP is. All we’ll say is this… keep a weather eye on the horizon.

There are a lot more things that we have added in this update as well. Each of the major additions will get their own spotlight posts in the coming weeks, detailing everything that’s changed.

On the bugfix side of things, we’ve fixed a lot of stuff. Invasions have been cleaned up a ton, alongside the following. Again, if you want all the details, head on over to our release notes page.

We’ve tweaked the way enemy ships perform, which should hopefully improve the issues with broadsides and jittery NPC ships. In addition, we hope to fix the more prevalent bugs with SvS soon. SvS community, you’ll get your chance too! We haven’t forgotten about you. We promise!

We know there’s a lot more that needs to be polished, from the Queen Anne’s Revenge disabling player ships, to quest issues, to sailing loot being quite… inconsistent. Fixes are coming. Just sit tight a little longer. We appreciate your patience with these issues, especially for the ones that have been around for quite awhile. Some things, unfortunately, take a long time to crack.

Fair winds, and see ye soon!

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

Awesome UPDATE! @The Crew :bow::cheers:<3:-3

and this Potion ''Puke'' it is definitely nasty. XD
:scary mary:
screenshot_2018-05-18_12-10-46.jpg
screenshot_2018-05-18_12-11-01.jpg

I like this new method of updates. Quality over quantity.
Not entirely sure how quality over quantity applies here. There is no difference in quality from updates, they simply waited longer to deploy so they could deploy a larger quantity at once.
Regardless, I think this new method is a mistake, I've noticed after this update that there is a much larger pool of new bugs introduced with it since so much was changed at once. I get the idea but I really think putting the fixes and updates out there in smaller amounts more frequently would be more beneficial.

You know dev's, you really don't have to feel pressured here or ask us BETA TESTERS to have patience. It's very noble, and friendly and caring gesture, but you guys and girls don't need to apologize or feel like you're not doing enough fast enough.
I'm happy for any fix any time no matter how long it takes. This is your sandbox and I'm just running around kicking sand at skeletons trying to beta test things and I'm still having fun with it while doing it.

If anything, I need to get back to making reports and paying attention to game artifacts instead of having too much fun. You all take all the time you want.
I appreciate all the developers have managed to do so far. I for one have no complaints about the devs work ethic.
Or time tables. Matter of fact, I'm going to jump into the Caribbean in a few minutes for the update.

Last edited:
I would like to see TLOPO prevent the game from crashing & work on improving gameplay and items such as rams, sea charts, globs, and invasion event. Last night the invasion was worse then before now the NPC mobs or skeletons that Jolly Roger commands are glitched.

You know what NEEDS fixing? The fact that half the flagships you completely take down don't allow you to shoot grapples at them.

EDIT: No wait, I just watched someone else grapple my ship when I had the final blow and did 90% of the damage, they joined in late and shot one broadside at them and got my ship. What????

You know what NEEDS fixing? The fact that half the flagships you completely take down don't allow you to shoot grapples at them.

EDIT: No wait, I just watched someone else grapple my ship when I had the final blow and did 90% of the damage, they joined in late and shot one broadside at them and got my ship. What????
We be pirates matey! lots of times we be standing in the shadows while you do all the work then steal your plunder...harr harr arrrrr..ha harr.

Back