Acceptable Loss.

In the old days, you can imagine the story...

The moon was out, almost full, it was nearly 1am.

A thick fog was in front of our vessel. Just before we entered the fog, we had noticed a slight figure in the distance that appeared to be a ship.

We knew the enemy was in the mist crossing our paths... The captain decided we were going to attack them. He felt that we had the upper angle on the ship classes, and we had the forward breeze, while they had none.

The breeze gave us a wonderful push forward and we turned hard, but not enough to find out selves losing our momentum.

As we began to catch up, and closed the gap, they finally saw us.

"Coming up starboard side!!"

Our momentum sent is right into the path and right on top of them. Slowly we crept forward, and as we slowed to a near stop the first of the handguns of the enemy were fired.

"The mist creates its own enemies!!", whispered the captain before our approach.

We were instructed to hide behind the railings, and to throw jackets and coats back and forth, through the mist it would look like people moving, some of us took boots and beat them back and forth across the ground as if men were running around the deck in fear. Several men called in different directions as if to say they were moving to locations..

They fired all of their pistols at ghosts.

As soon as the firing stopped as they had to reload, we climbed onto our own rail, the distance was only a few feet between each ship, we jumped over, slashed the first crews across the face and stabbed at men as we landed on the decks.

I struck my own enemies and they fell as i landed, I turned face to face to find a man, covered in filth as if just let out of a cage, gnashing his teeth and wide eyed, ready to kill. He struck fast with a wild scream, and i parried. I lashed back at him quickly, and he stopped the blade in defense, we grappled arms for a moment and pushed apart.

At this point i realized my men have totally overtaken the other crew and it was just me and this last man standing.

That's when i saw an opening. I rushed the man to his right attempting to slash him as he lifted his right hand to strike down hard just barely missing me... and as i came about to strike again, he shifted his weight and kicked me square in the balls.

I couldn't breathe, i couldn't think, just searing pain and then...

Well..

After a quick fall to the floor, and a failed attempted at both holding on to my weapon, and guarding myself... his sword pierced my chest. I began drowning in my own blood.

At least he was nice enough to stab the second time directly through my heart.

He was the best enemy i ever fought.

Last edited:

A thick fog was in front of our vessel. Just before we entered the fog, we had noticed a slight figure in the distance that appeared to be a ship.

We knew the enemy was in the mist crossing our paths... The captain decided we were going to attack them. He felt that we had the upper angle on the ship classes, and we had the forward breeze, while they had none.

The breeze gave us a wonderful push forward and we turned hard, but not enough to find out selves losing our momentum.

Our momentum sent is right into the path and right on top of them. Slowly we crept forward, and as we slowed to a near stop the first of the handguns of the enemy were fired.

"The mist creates its own enemies!!", whispered the captain before our approach.

We were instructed to hide behind the railings, and to throw jackets and coats back and forth, through the mist it would look like people moving, some of us took boots and beat them back and forth across the ground as if men were running around the deck in fear. Several men called in different directions as if to say they were moving to locations..

As soon as the firing stopped as they had to reload, we climbed onto our own rail, the distance was only a few feet between each ship, we jumped over, slashed the first crews across the face and stabbed at men as we landed on the decks.

I struck my own enemies and they fell as i landed, I turned face to face to find a man, covered in filth as if just let out of a cage, gnashing his teeth and wide eyed, ready to kill. He struck fast with a wild scream, and i parried. I lashed back at him quickly, and he stopped the blade in defense, we grappled arms for a moment and pushed apart.

At this point i realized my men have totally overtaken the other crew and it was just me and this last man standing.

That's when i saw an opening. I rushed the man to his right attempting to slash him as he lifted his right hand to strike down hard just barely missing me... and as i came about to strike again, he shifted his weight and kicked me square in the balls.

Well..

After a quick fall to the floor, and a failed attempted at both holding on to my weapon, and guarding myself... his sword pierced my chest. I began drowning in my own blood.

No one tells the stories of the fallen... but i do. !^_^! <3 YARRRRRRR!!!
is he dead?

Well..

If you be dead, how you be telling the tale?

Back