Acquired by Standing Stone Games

C

Christofosho

Anyone else get a notice? Looks like DDO and LOTRO are now owned by a new company, with similar developers and staffing as the old! I'm wondering if this is phishing..

We are excited to announce that Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) have been acquired by Standing Stone Games (SSG)! SSG is a newly formed company, comprised of the same group of developers that have been working on these games at Turbine. Standing Stone Games will develop and operate the games, and Daybreak Game Company will provide publishing support to the games.
In connection with these changes, please note that SSG and Daybreak have received your account information from Turbine, including any personal information in your account such as name, address, etc., that you have previously provided. This information and any other information we collect about you through these games or otherwise, will be subject to Daybreak’s ### REDACTED ###.

If for any reason you do not wish to keep your game account, you may contact our Customer Support by email at ### REDACTED ### or mail us a request to delete your account to:
## REDACTED ##

Deleting your account will result in the deletion of any personal information we have about you. Please note, however, that if you delete your account you will no longer be able to play the games.

Christopher

When you are given only a few options to follow-up (in this case, 'email' or 'mail'), I would avoid doing so as it could very well be a scam or phishing attempt.

I'm not too "up" on games (in general) but one thing I do know, if your only option is to rely upon email you're limiting the protection of your personal privacy options and this, btw, is something most legit companies don't feel comfortable putting you in such a position (in lieu of 'important changes').

Yep it is official. The Turbine employees who worked on LOTRO and DDO separated from Turbine and Warner Brothers and became an independent game studio again. Quite interesting, but I think it's a good thing.

Back