Suggestion Add it back :)

SwiftBlade

Honorable Pirate
Add back the Ship of the line, even if it's for a day or two like in the old POTCO, make the price 250,000 since most people have that amount, also make it upgradable.

I feel ship wise all we can really do is buy three of four ships, max them out, then make a new account, and repeat. The ship selection is bland, add a new line of ships and maybe make that line of ships lead up to the ship of the line!

Hey this is actually a post i was searching for. Yeah as of right now in September they made 4 ship slots now. I think the SOTL shold come back. That is actually why i hopped on the forums at 4:30am right now was to find a post on it to agree with. I want to said and own the SOTL so bad honestly. It is an amazing ship and deserves some Pirate love. If you think about it being back in potco and then in tlopo you could consider both the Carrack and the SOTL like an outdated police car. Let is have them please. Lol. Continued below -v

If it were ever added to SvS and maxed out with copper head even though it was recently nerfed / balanced it would be a killing machine. At least ban it from all SvS events for the first few months until more people would have it or during a SvS event automatically cut it’s health in half then usual. Plus oh my god i would love to see what a fortune hunter SOTL looks like. It would be a True King’s Ship.

Hey this is actually a post i was searching for. Yeah as of right now in September they made 4 ship slots now. I think the SOTL shold come back. That is actually why i hopped on the forums at 4:30am right now was to find a post on it to agree with. I want to said and own the SOTL so bad honestly. It is an amazing ship and deserves some Pirate love. If you think about it being back in potco and then in tlopo you could consider both the Carrack and the SOTL like an outdated police car. Let is have them please. Lol. Continued below -v
If it were ever added to SvS and maxed out with copper head even though it was recently nerfed / balanced it would be a killing machine. At least ban it from all SvS events for the first few months until more people would have it or during a SvS event automatically cut it’s health in half then usual. Plus oh my god i would love to see what a fortune hunter SOTL looks like. It would be a True King’s Ship.
I just thought the game was bland, having little ship selection gets old. Everyone has a War brig, War sloop, War frigate or War galleon. Aside from questing that's the only motivator. We need something new and motivating if the price is high enough it will make old players come back on to grind to max it!

It won't be like a battle royale, the ship has the same amount of broadsides as the war galleon does and it'll be slower than a war galleon. It'll basically be a slow huge target that will take longer to sink.

I was actually looking for this thread myself in order to incorporate a possible idea into it and maybe get some responses on what the majority of players would come to think about it.

A little while back I can't remember the specific date - a ton of us pirates took our sails to Kingshead in order to receive the limited time codes that the GM's were passing out. During this time I distinctively remember this one individual pirate repeating the topic of "Bringing back the Ship of the Line". Dispite sounding like a broken record, it made me think for awhile - and after taking some time to think about it I approached Stephen in a conversation that he probably doesn't remember (considering he's a pretty busy guy).

In this conversation I brought up the idea of having a system where a "guild" as a whole can contribute and maintain their own "Ship of the Line". Upgrades would be completed collectively through donations of materials and gold provided by it's guild members, you could even call it a "guild project" and would require a certain cool down time before being able to set sail again after it's already been used. In SVS, guilds could use their Ship of the Line as a "Trump Card" to attempt in changing the tide of how the battle is going - or perhaps the guild is interested in a giant loot run, in which the Ship of the Line would come in handy there.

I have read a few of the other players responses, but myself personally thinking about every individual pirate having their own Ship of the Line seems a tad bit overpowered, considering the value that ship has under it's name. Let me know what you guy's think I am interested to here everyone's views on it.

I was actually looking for this thread myself in order to incorporate a possible idea into it and maybe get some responses on what the majority of players would come to think about it.

A little while back I can't remember the specific date - a ton of us pirates took our sails to Kingshead in order to receive the limited time codes that the GM's were passing out. During this time I distinctively remember this one individual pirate repeating the topic of "Bringing back the Ship of the Line". Dispite sounding like a broken record, it made me think for awhile - and after taking some time to think about it I approached Stephen in a conversation that he probably doesn't remember (considering he's a pretty busy guy).

In this conversation I brought up the idea of having a system where a "guild" as a whole can contribute and maintain their own "Ship of the Line". Upgrades would be completed collectively through donations of materials and gold provided by it's guild members, you could even call it a "guild project" and would require a certain cool down time before being able to set sail again after it's already been used. In SVS, guilds could use their Ship of the Line as a "Trump Card" to attempt in changing the tide of how the battle is going - or perhaps the guild is interested in a giant loot run, in which the Ship of the Line would come in handy there.

I have read a few of the other players responses, but myself personally thinking about every individual pirate having their own Ship of the Line seems a tad bit overpowered, considering the value that ship has under it's name. Let me know what you guy's think I am interested to here everyone's views on it.
I never thought of that, that would give more purpose for guilds.. but what about crews? then again people join and leave crews constantly. If we were to make it guild sponsored I think that which ever guilds Ship of the Line it is, the name of the guild would be under the ships name like it does for players.

I like the idea of a guild working together to get the Ship Of The Line rather than adding the Ship Of The Line just to add it.

Personally i don't think it matters if everyone has one. The AI can't hit worth a darn anyway, and really the only scenario I could think of is SvS and even then the lightweight class ships dominate with just 1 fury gunner. I say add it in, give us something new that's already built into the game anyway (GM's sailing it) and just make it available to the public. Or if it is added into guild function, don't make to where there is just 1 as a guild, since it'd be rare to ever get a turn to sail it; add it in as a new guild level up progression system similar to pvp and svs with a new display badge and is awarded at rank 7.

Very against this, the SOTL was only ever on the potco test server by accident and was quickly removed from purchasability with those that had them being allowed to keep them. I’d much, much rather the developers put their efforts into further upgrades and customizations of the existing ships.

Very against this, the SOTL was only ever on the potco test server by accident and was quickly removed from purchasability with those that had them being allowed to keep them. I’d much, much rather the developers put their efforts into further upgrades and customizations of the existing ships.
As of right now, there are more upgrades then ships...

Though a guild feature would be interesting I believe it to be unfair to those in a guild that is either very inactive or no one is willing to join. I think if this would be implemented in-game, I feel everyone should be able to get the SOTL for a personal ship but would be weaker with less crew / guild members on board. The more people aboard the ship the stronger it gets which would give it use for SvS. Looting on the other hand would keep basic abilities.
Here is an example without any upgrades. (not to accurate scale, just an example)
LootingStats
Speed - 20 knots
Broad Base Damage - 100
Defense - 100
When teleported to SvS w/ Guild max guildmates on board.
Speed - 25 knots
Broad Damage - 145
Defense - 130

These are just example if they were to become the trump cards of SvS but would need a full ship of guildmates.
This way everyone could have the ship but would only bring out it's best potential in svs with a full ship of guildmates.
Plus it doesnt necessarily have to be your guild but would bring down potential all-around stats down by like 10 points.

Though a guild feature would be interesting I believe it to be unfair to those in a guild that is either very inactive or no one is willing to join. I think if this would be implemented in-game, I feel everyone should be able to get the SOTL for a personal ship but would be weaker with less crew / guild members on board. The more people aboard the ship the stronger it gets which would give it use for SvS. Looting on the other hand would keep basic abilities.
Here is an example without any upgrades. (not to accurate scale, just an example)
LootingStats
Speed - 20 knots
Broad Base Damage - 100
Defense - 100
When teleported to SvS w/ Guild max guildmates on board.
Speed - 25 knots
Broad Damage - 145
Defense - 130

These are just example if they were to become the trump cards of SvS but would need a full ship of guildmates.
This way everyone could have the ship but would only bring out it's best potential in svs with a full ship of guildmates.
Plus it doesnt necessarily have to be your guild but would bring down potential all-around stats down by like 10 points.
Yeah, that's definitely something to think about when/if they decide to implement SOTL into the game. Though that would be one of the incentives to build a strong guild and utilize that ability in the best way possible right? Chances are you've seen how other games give more and more benefits to guilds the larger that guild gets - this would probably end up being a system that is no different than that. There's also plenty of room for adjustments to the SOTL's stats, which could vary depending on the contributions the guild itself produces in this system.
-
This would also probably be a good example of, "Teamwork Makes the Dream Work".

Last edited:
Back